Poll: New TO maps via SDK or DLC?

• So back in April when SDK was announced I suggested it would be 6 months before we saw new TO maps.

Kimi said well how would I know that. Slygoat said sooner than you think.

But I was right, the SDK is still not finished, they are on a new project so not sure when it will hit live with proper support, let alone when people will actually finish a TO map.

Part of the problem is that TBS has no incentive to add new maps because there is no money in it.

So the poll is lets suppose they worked hard on adding 5 new TO maps that were extremely high quality - lots to do, tactical, strategic, exciting, compelling maps.

Would you pay for them? Or would you rather just wait for a SDK map to turn up that may be worth playing? Assuming the server operators make it available in your region.

• Hell yes, at this point I’d pay $10 for 5 high quality TO maps. We don’t have enough as it is, I mean they know how much time people put into this fuckin game, the few maps we have start to get a lil old… 5 new maps would be glorious.

• I would continue to support the developers. I didn’t buy the game expecting them to keep it running for nothing but the price I paid at the start. I’d willingly pay $10 or whatever the UK price would be for 5 maps of the quality expected so far.

• I would only pay for new TO maps if it also came with a hat.

• I don’t like paid-for map packs. Splits the gaming population.

• You should have put up an option for people who don’t want to pay for maps. I don’t play games that make you pay for maps.

• @Grogan:

You should have put up an option for people who don’t want to pay for maps. I don’t play games that make you pay for maps.

Well that is really waiting for free SDK maps option. 8 months ago we got one TO map. Not sure if we will get any more unless there is a monetary incentive.

• i would pay for 5 new maps…

however i’d rather the sdk release so the team can focus on fixing the bugs.

• So 2/3 of people would pay for new TO maps.

Missed opportunity.

5 new TO maps, if a bunch of innovative people designed them, could change the game from a hack and slash to something far greater.

I think it would be fantastic if 5 smart players could beat 5 melee experts through superior tactics and strategy.

One day I will get an example map built but until the SDK is finished there is little incentive to do so.

• @gregcau:

So 2/3 of people would pay for new TO maps.

Missed opportunity.

29 people voted.

• @ReMixx:

@gregcau:

So 2/3 of people would pay for new TO maps.

Missed opportunity.

29 people voted.

95% confidence in the responses given a 19% margin of error, since we only have 40,000 players at the moment.

• I only play Duels and TO maps, so the lack of TO is kinda disappointing to me. I also hope that the maps don’t have too much line of sight, 'cause that kills my framerates. What I would like to see (besides bugfixes) is an option to put a wall around the entire map so the distant hills don’t massacre my FPS :D.
    I feel that duels and TO are the “purest” chivalry experience, and should be invested in as much as possible. Do other people feel the same way?

• edit: nevermind

• Any and/or all of the first three options would be fine with me.

Not my most constructive post and no help to the poll whatsoever but I just don’t care how I get new maps so long as I get them soon. I’d rather TBS sold me new maps than fixed bugs right now as I’m still willing to give TBS money. There will come a point in the not too distant future where unless the bugs are fixed I won’t pay anymore to TBS, I’d imagine many people have already reach this point.

• Charging money for new maps would result in splitting the community. Afterwards, nearly all of those who purchased the DLC will end up complaining why there are only so few servers and players.

• Community will be quite split anyway, they have only 2500 players…

• @Shellshock:

Charging money for new maps would result in splitting the community. Afterwards, nearly all of those who purchased the DLC will end up complaining why there are only so few servers and players.

I think in the end most people would buy the maps.

DW is going to split the community in a much more effective way because of a higher price.

Orcs Must Die 2 was one of my fav solo games in the last couple of years and they only charged 2.99 for expansions.

I think everyone that actively plays the game can afford $3. If they can’t I guess their parents still buys their lunch.

It is a crying shame there will be no TO maps with DW otherwise I wouldn’t care as much.

• making it free dlc is the only viable option. yes they will make more money by rreleasing it for free. they can sell more copies of the game thats been out since october of last year. when i bought this game i was told there was going to be continued support. it feels like a demo. i am referring to of course medieval warfare. 30 dollars for a demo is ridiculous and i believe it will fracture the community if they do not add more levels.

• @windowtothesoul:

30 dollars for a demo is ridiculous

It falls to like $8 during the sales.

• Why would anyone pay money for maps when the sdk is out? The community will make maps FAR better then the torn banner maps, its like that in every game once the sdk is released :P Custom maps ftw. Doubt this whole “No TO” thing will be a problem when deadliest warrior gets released and the sdk is out too, there will be plenty of to maps