Forget anything I have ever said needs to be fixed

• and focus on an in game voice chat system PLEASE!

A nice reliable chat system with separate team and all talk keys. Plus the ability to actually mute people. Also maybe show an emblem above a person who is chatting? Or better yet have their mouth move!

Anyway, I have complained a lot about this game and probably have not given you guys enough credit. I thoroughly enjoy this game every day and I just want it to be the best it can be. I think a stable voice chat system would do wonders to revitalize the community and also the team aspect of the game.

Thanks for listening,
    Aerational

• You want something fixed?! Weird because I do to. :o

• Server browser, join through Steam friends.

Seriously SERIOUSLY needs fixing first. New players play the game and can’t join games that have 6/24 players, they don’t get a good first impression. They try and join through their Steam friends list and their game crashes- every. time.

These are even more basic and even more problematic, in my opinion. And, as far as I can remember- the server browser has had some silly issues.

• Don’t forget about the people that lurk in spectate and mic spam, then when you vote to kick them people vote no because there is no idle time displayed on kick only team damage.

• laggggggg

• @Sir_Henric:

Don’t forget about the people that lurk in spectate and mic spam, then when you vote to kick them people vote no because there is no idle time displayed on kick only team damage.

Yeah, I wonder why they removed the idle time on the votekicking? It is almost impossible to get afks kicked now.

• The first thing I did on my first day in Chivalry was disabling the voice-chat and I never regretted it.
    Also, yes the friends/browser-problems are annoying, especially because they came with the last patch and so far they didn’t manage to fix it. I can understand that it’s hard to fix gameplay-issues and glitches but this should be quite basic.

• @afiNity:

The first thing I did on my first day in Chivalry was disabling the voice-chat and I never regretted it.

^This

• Indeed. Voice chat is never used in this game for a reason. You can communicate perfectly well with typed chat and voice messages. Use skype or Steamchat if you want to communicate with your friends.

It would simply be annoying as hell to have some non-stop chatting players discussing the crusades or some armchair general spewing useless commands that noone heeds when a simple teamtyped “treb 3” or “lower ballista” does the trick just as good. It is just not that type of game and it would destroy the fun atmosphere created by the excellent sound effects and voice messages.

• I love voicechat. I wish it worked in this game. Games are so much more fun (on a nice server) when you can talk freely.

• @afiNity:

The first thing I did on my first day in Chivalry was disabling the voice-chat and I never regretted it.

The last thing i want to deal with when playing an online game is some self-absorbed douche that has diarrhea of the mouth and the “mute voice chat” function doesnt work. if voice chat does get enabled here, i also realy hope the mute function works.

• @LordBenedictIronclaw:

@afiNity:

The last thing i want to deal with when playing an online game is some self-absorbed douche that has diarrhea of the mouth and the “mute voice chat” function doesnt work. if voice chat does get enabled here, i also realy hope the mute function works.

Options>configuration>audio

In the lower left hand corner (I think, might be right) is a box that says “disable voice chat”. Click that.

Now you hear no one.

The mute function doesn’t work very well, but you can turn off ALL voice chat. I think that’s what he was talking about.

• thank you, i wasn’t aware it was that simple.

• Have to admit the older and larger clans tend to use mumble/vent/ts

However I would love to see a good implementation of in-game voip providing it was done well e.g. you could see visually the name of who is broadcasting and perhaps options for votemute :P

Having distance based voip would also be pretty good, so you could hear people who are nearby only

However I’d rather not have voip at all than voip done badly :)