This server is NOT full!

• At certain times in my region you can only find one decently populated server for the game mode you’re looking for.

I am encountering a glitch that is preventing me from joining servers that are clearly not full. It says this server has 18/24 players, i go view server info and count the amount of players and its at 18. But when i try to join the server it just says this server is full. It most definitely does NOT have 24/24 players. After a failed attempt at joining a server i cannot refresh the server list so i have to reboot the game. Ok now it’s saying the server has 20/24 players. View server info, count the number of players, yes it’s 20. But when i try to join it still tell me this server is full.

Can’t be bothered rebooting again, off to play a different game. I really hoped that TBS would have made fixing the server browser among their highest priorities. Hell, even horrible, game breaking bugs like the stonehill door can wait, just please, please, please fix the server browser!

• When that happens to me I jot down the server ip (in the info) and them open console (~key) then type “open IP-Goes-Here” in console then enter.

Also yes this is the most annoying bug yet in server browser.

• Edit: Beaten by Henric, same deal.

A quick workaround for this is to connect directly to the server via it’s IP address and port number:

Right click on the server you want to join and look at the address section,
    press ~ and open the console
    type: open IP address of theserver:portnumber then press enter.

So to join my Res classic duel server directly you would type:
    open 173.199.80.156:7807
    Then press enter.

• Actually we’ve had this happen on our servers from time to time (as kimiko will say, usually after a particular votekick or admin kick) however often we still can’t join by direct connection either.

Usually just have to wait until round change (or remotely end the round and gain the ire of the players :P). The only problem is if the server empties out before the round changes

• HOTFIX WORTHY.

So only one more month of this!! Yay!

But no, seriously. How has this not been fixed yet? This is more elementary to the game than any of the other bugs that exists. Going on what- three weeks/one month or so since customization (since the problem started)?

Also- joining Steam friends crashing your game. Started at same time, is STILL a problem.

A developer response on this would be cool, but I’ve seen this problem posted around and it just doesn’t appear to be priority.

• Yeah this is ridiculous and annoying. I’m a little hazy on the definition of a hotfix but I always thought that part of its definition was supposed to relate to it being applied in a timely manner.

Well it’s been over 3 weeks now and instead of hotifixing annoying bugs like this, or the Mason shield bug, or the fucking ridiculous and abused exploit of the MaA super jump, or the pitch black sky on the LTS battlegrounds map, or the terrible interface for applying your customization in duel mode, or stickies not working, or……

This is taking them so long for two reasons. The stool sample known as Deadliest Warrior and because they’re allocating a stupid amount of time messing around with customization colors by trying to take black out of the game along with Agatha dark blue. I couldn’t care less about tweaking colors when the above mentioned bugs are in place. TBS, your priorities are abhorrently stupid.

• @Sidewinder:

Yeah this is ridiculous and annoying. I’m a little hazy on the definition of a hotfix but I always thought that part of its definition was supposed to relate to it being applied in a timely manner.

You might be right! Found this:

“The term “hotfix” was originally applied to software patches that were applied to “hot” systems; that is, systems which are live, currently running and in production status rather than development status. For the developer, a hotfix implies that the change may have been made QUICKLY and outside normal development and testing processes. This could increase the cost of the fix by requiring rapid development, overtime or other urgent measures. For the user, the hotfix could be considered more risky or more likely to fail to resolve the problem. This could cause an immediate loss of services and/or revenue, so depending on the severity of the bug, it may be desirable to delay a hotfix. The risk of applying the hotfix must be considered against the risk of not applying it, because the problem to be fixed might be so critical that it could be considered more important than a potential loss of service (e.g., a major security breach).”

Found it on Wikipedia. I know, I know- don’t use it in a research paper, but it seems alright here.

Hotfix “may be” applied quickly.

• @quigleyer:

@Sidewinder:

Yeah this is ridiculous and annoying. I’m a little hazy on the definition of a hotfix but I always thought that part of its definition was supposed to relate to it being applied in a timely manner.

You might be right! Found this:

“The term “hotfix” was originally applied to software patches that were applied to “hot” systems; that is, systems which are live, currently running and in production status rather than development status. For the developer, a hotfix implies that the change may have been made QUICKLY and outside normal development and testing processes. This could increase the cost of the fix by requiring rapid development, overtime or other urgent measures. For the user, the hotfix could be considered more risky or more likely to fail to resolve the problem. This could cause an immediate loss of services and/or revenue, so depending on the severity of the bug, it may be desirable to delay a hotfix. The risk of applying the hotfix must be considered against the risk of not applying it, because the problem to be fixed might be so critical that it could be considered more important than a potential loss of service (e.g., a major security breach).”

Found it on Wikipedia. I know, I know- don’t use it in a research paper, but it seems alright here.

Hotfix “may be” applied quickly.

How to use Wiki as a source: Use the references from the list at the bottom.

• Wkipedia is a just an aggregation of different sources lumped together to form a, hopefully, comprehensive description of the relevant article. Event, it is amazing that your suggestion isn’t even entertained by so many people. There’s usually a huge compendium of cited sources at the bottom of the page which correspond with the linked references throughout the article proper.

Back on topic. TBS get off your lazy inept asses, quit fooling around with “fixing” customization, which doesn’t need to be fixed only expanded, and fix these motherf*cking bugs.

• This is already fixed internally. As is joining off friends crashing. Even the mason kite shield was recently fixed. I can’t give an ETA on the next patch, because I don’t have that information. I doubt changing a few colors is going to delay it.

• @SlyGoat:

I can’t give an ETA on the next patch, because I don’t have that information. I doubt changing a few colors is going to delay it.

3 weeks and counting is already delayed long enough for these critical bugs, don’t you think? You didn’t make any mention of the MaA superjump either :? . In previous patches I think the longest we had to wait for a hotfix, whether it took care of all the problems or not, was at most 2 weeks. So what changed? DW and prioritizing things that don’t need changing, that’s what.

At least embrace your priorities with conviction. Others and myself may completely disagree with your new direction but denying it isn’t going encourage regaining our trust.

Edit: I just noticed this was moved to bug reports. I thought I was still responding under the general forums where this originated. I’m sure I’ll get my posts censored now.

• @SlyGoat:

Even the mason kite shield was recently fixed. .

OH. EM. GEE.

I wonder what my kite shield looks like on a Mason.

Edit: also meant to say thank you for the info, Sly. I appreciate you communicating a lot lately with us about stuff and figuring stuff out.

Is there any chance we can get any info about the long/super/whatever MaA jump or the dodge in stun? A patch that fixes server/steam/MaA shenaniganzzz/mason kite shield would be super sweet.

• @SlyGoat:

This is already fixed internally. As is joining off friends crashing. Even the mason kite shield was recently fixed. I can’t give an ETA on the next patch, because I don’t have that information. I doubt changing a few colors is going to delay it.

Thanks for your post Sly.
    I presume as it’s already 3 weeks in, TB might just bundle the (hopefully SDK?) patch with these bug fixes?

Either-way, if they keep to their usual patch time frame we should see it in a week or two.

• @quigleyer:

@SlyGoat:

OH. EM. GEE.

Edit: also meant to say thank you for the info, Sly. I appreciate you communicating a lot lately with us about stuff and figuring stuff out.

Is there any chance we can get any info about the long/super/whatever MaA jump or the dodge in stun? A patch that fixes server/steam/MaA shenaniganzzz/mason kite shield would be super sweet.

Dodge in stun is fixed as far as I’m aware. The superjump… I’m not totally certain on the details, but it seems a little more complicated to fix than was originally assumed. We are trying to get this patch out ASAP now that PAX is over, and superjump isn’t deemed abusive enough to delay it, barring people being dicks in LTS and duel mode. So I would recommend hoping for the best and preparing for the worst in terms of whether or not the fix for that will make it in or not. The good news there is this means the patch shouldn’t be too far off now.

• @SlyGoat:

Dodge in stun is fixed as far as I’m aware. The superjump… I’m not totally certain on the details, but it seems a little more complicated to fix than was originally assumed. We are trying to get this patch out ASAP now that PAX is over, and superjump isn’t deemed abusive enough to delay it, barring people being dicks in LTS and duel mode. So I would recommend hoping for the best and preparing for the worst in terms of whether or not the fix for that will make it in or not. The good news there is this means the patch shouldn’t be too far off now.

Excellent!

Superjump, couldn’t give a stuff personally. I find it hilarious, and it doesn’t help combat at all.
    Admins and players just have to be vigilant if someone is using it to exploit (Ballista on Stonehill etc) and kick them.

Just going to reiterate how glad I am that dodge out of stun is going away again, I almost froth at the mouth in disgust and anger of some MAA that I spend AGES wearing down then, zoop, dodge away.

Anyway, thanks for the update Sly!

• @SlyGoat:

@quigleyer:

@SlyGoat:

OH. EM. GEE.

Cool. That works!

• Thanks for the details Slygoat.

• @SlyGoat:

Even the mason kite shield was recently fixed.

Thank fucking god. Now fix flinch in release and ill consider loving you again.