There needs to be spawn protection.

• Force all enemy players to spawn at their new spawn when an objective is completed.

It happens quite frequently that someone spawn kills people by choosing to stay behind. Every other game has spawn protection.

Yes, it is needed. Votekicks against spawn killers always fail. Yes, they deserve to be kicked.

OR, Prevent spawn protected non-archer players from receiving damage until they leave the spawn. this will allow melee classes to kill spawn killers, but will let archers not be invincible from the spawn.

• @adamcel6:

Yes, it is needed. Votekicks against spawn killers always fail. Yes, they deserve to be kicked.

:o

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@adamcel6:

:o

The mention of being killed a half second after spawning being bad is surprising to you???

• No, no, and no. Spawn killing is a tactic and it’s useful. Battlegrounds 2nd objective? Have an equal split of players to both mason spawn points while a single knight pushes the cart.

@adamcel6:

• @Event:

No, no, and no. Spawn killing is a tactic and it’s useful. Battlegrounds 2nd objective? Have an equal split of players to both mason spawn points while a single knight pushes the cart.

@adamcel6:

I’m talking about being IN the spawn and killing people when they literally spawned a second before.

• @adamcel6:

I’m talking about being IN the spawn and killing people when they literally spawned a second before.

That only ever happens in FFA and TDM, where it should be allowed. in TDM, your team spawns in group so spawn killing shouldn’t affect you all that much. In FFA, well that’s just a clusterfuck and dying almost instantly after spawn is part of FFA.

• If your post had said spawnkilling protection from TK’s for a couple of seconds, I’d be all on board :D

However spawnkilling isn’t a problem in most gamemodes I know of since the spawns are fairly random and to kill you have to be very close to someone and they can defend. The other games that you mention that have spawn protection tend to have fixed bases, fixed spawns and are probably FPS game where people get shot as soon as they spawn.

Also, as mentioned above, you tend to spawn in groups on a timer, so unless the entire enemy team is in the spawn there’s really no excuse.

Likewise on some gamemodes it’s a valid tactic - look a tthe first pyre-lighting stage of hillside. A few attackers tying the defenders up in or near their spawn help the remaining attackers light and maintain the pyre.

For the above reasons are why you kickvotes can and should fail.

• Bad idea. Spawn killers don’t last long.

Its not like in call of duty where you can lie down with a light machine gun mowing everyone one down as they come out of spawn.

They have to meet you face to face. And they always die. Need last longer than a minute. Even the archers.

• Replying to, well, all of you, I am talking about Team Objective only. Most notably the Agatha spawn on the second objective of hillside, and the Mason spawn on the last objective on Darkforest. Spawn killers often can hide to the side, and go out to hit people in the back right after they spawn.

A few seconds of immortality was one of my suggestions.

• and I am, and was, only talking about staying behind in an attacking team’s spawn. IN the spawn. Killing players who spawn in the rearmost of the area and hiding. It is not fair, and often they are not noticed by the whole team. PLEASE read the post.

• ah, yes, this is where chat messages to team come in very handy…“there’s an enemy in spawn”…seconds later, he’s dead.

i haven’t experienced a problem where the enemy lasts a long time near enemy spawn…sure, he gets a few unsuspecting victims, but he is usually dealt with swiftly.

• @LordBenedictIronclaw:

ah, yes, this is where chat messages to team come in very handy…“there’s an enemy in spawn”…seconds later, he’s dead.

i haven’t experienced a problem where the enemy lasts a long time near enemy spawn…sure, he gets a few unsuspecting victims, but he is usually dealt with swiftly.

I usually tell my team to leave him there. One less guy out on the real battlefield to worry about.

• @lemonater47:

Bad idea. Spawn killers don’t last long.

Its not like in call of duty where you can lie down with a light machine gun mowing everyone one down as they come out of spawn.

They have to meet you face to face. And they always die. Need last longer than a minute. Even the archers.

Pretty much agree with this. Often when I get hit in spawn, I respawn. (You literally, press M/N and pick a New setup/class and your guy will instantly respawn as if you pressed F1 to move to a forward spawn)

You get all your health back, ammo and stam. So really, there is no reason not to be able to kill these bastards in your spawn. Again, most people in your spawn will fight till they die, they wont tactically retreat for future harassment meaning they often hand you their life on a silver platter!

It’s fine IMO.

• I’ve only ever once experienced someone survive more than 20 seconds as a spawn killer, that was a guy using a heavy xbow in the second objective of Dark forest, hiding behind the fence so we couldn’t get to him without running all the way back and around.
    All I did was choose vanguard and throw smoke pots at him every spawn and let my team carry on with the objective.
    One less person to worry about when pushing the cart IMO.

• this is so dumb, spawn killers don’t last long, and if your team is too dumb to kill them so they spawn and go away… then your team deserves to lose.

Stoneshill 2nd objective, Stoneshill kill king objective

Darkforest Final Objective

Hillside Treb objective, Hillside Ballista objective

Battlegrounds never

Citadel 2nd, 4th and last objective.

None of these should be an issue, anyone that stays behind should be dead in about 10-15 seconds or less. There’s no way they’re going to take your whole team on multiple times, and if they do… then fuck it they SHOULD

• imo spawn kill in TO is bug but actually it can giving more tactical play…

in term of reality it still make sense
    ex: map hillside
    agatha successfully take down the first wall (burn pyre) and wipe mason army, myb there are mason left behind…and use this advantage to sabotage (spawn kill 1 or 2 unlucky agatha)…

pros and cons

• mason have less ppl defend the obj
    • some afk / unlucky agatha can be killed in spawn

more mason decide to spawn kill = less defender for next obj

1. just move after respawn and not afk
    2. if get killed…hunt him after respawn
    3. if u cant beat him alone you can just hold him to stay away
    4. good teammate can hear and help if there are battle going on spawn point

note*
    in case the spawn killer is good player which you cant beat alone, then enemy team lose one good player to def the obj.

(yap usually ppl who doing this is experienced player who know how to prevent force respawn after an objective done on TO map)

but still i agree killed just after spawn is suck :P

• @YarnuTheDog:

@lemonater47:

Bad idea. Spawn killers don’t last long.

Pretty much agree with this. Often when I get hit in spawn, I respawn. (You literally, press M/N and pick a New setup/class and your guy will instantly respawn as if you pressed F1 to move to a forward spawn)

You get all your health back, ammo and stam. So really, there is no reason not to be able to kill these bastards in your spawn. Again, most people in your spawn will fight till they die, they wont tactically retreat for future harassment meaning they often hand you their life on a silver platter!

It’s fine IMO.

This is an awesome trick, even just to quickly get your health and stam back. I remember when you first told me in-game about this, I was amazed I’d never heard of it before.

• Chivalry is not a game where you need to pick up equipment first. So spawnkilling is not different from ambushing. No problem here - it can be dealt with by killing the spawnkiller once or properly clearing the area from enemies. This way it even adds tactical depth and more realism.

Spawn protection would be much worse: “Hey we just completed an objective - lets have invincible warriors spawning next to the enemies who were still around.” Or spawning invulnerable guards next to the king…

Not even speaking of FFA where people already get killed by non-invincible enemies spawning behind them.

Spawn protection could only work on TDM and KotH maps - and thats because they are recycled LTS maps and lack proper spawnpoints.CTF suffers from the same problem but here spawn protection would make it even worse - you could hide in your spawn with the enemy flag and have a good chance of mecha-mooks spawning when attacked.

In short: If you think you need spawn protection its probably an error in map design and then it should be solved via map design.

• Spawn killing happened to me only once in a scrim, I don’t think it’s an actual problem.

• No, please no spawn protection. I’ve played so many games and have yet to come across one that has implemented it well. I’m tired of people leaving spawn and being invincible for a few seconds and thus able to take out enemies without having to fear harm. And yes, there will be situations like this, even if caused by a bug.