What does the Future Hold for Chivalry?

• So this is just another post by me wondering what Torn Banner’s plans are for the cmw in the future, and how they’re going to improve the game. Given that PAX is over, and there’s so much discussion over dw, I would like to know any new information about future support for cmw. TY :)

• Improve… Did you say… IMPROVE ? IMPROVE ??? This is pretty fun to read that when we know they have made 5000 patches to get a game with more bugs it ever had. The best thing they could do would be a rollback to January 2013. =/

• Yes, removing the remaining bugs is also my idea of improving the game. But honestly, I don’t think TBS has the people or the money to fix the bugs. And it’s not like that’s some profound statement; TBS’s lack of money and manpower is so transparent. :|

• am i the only one who loves chiv bugs? spiderman is a piece of art, plz add it as ninja class :D

• We are continuing to work on C:MW at this time. We’re working on the next patch as we speak.

• @Kimiko:

We are continuing to work on C:MW at this time. We’re working on the next patch as we speak.

Awesome

• @dimon:

am i the only one who loves chiv bugs? spiderman is a piece of art, plz add it as ninja class :D

I know what you mean. Honestly most of the bugs don’t bother me at all. Dodge out of stun is a ridiculous exception though (even that one is funny to watch, that is, when it’s not happening to me ;) ). I’ve gotten so used to some of them, I’d kinda….miss them ;( The ONLY reason I really want all bugs removed is because they discourage new players and give them a reason to blame for losing; and ultimately for quitting the game. Other than that, most of the bugs are minor and kinda funny.

• some1 has to tell everyone how to dodge out of stun so everyone does and it becomes useless ;D

• yes thats what needs to happen, bug fix after bug fix, their bug list is immense and ever growing and never shrinking.

the new random stun daze bug is getting really annoying, you get stun dazed with half stam and full stam for no apparent reason, i dont think you can have a more fucked up combat system then the current mess we are playing right now, its a joke that the stun dazes arent removed till this glitch is fixed,yet you just leave this crap in the game even though its clearly broken and it ruins everyones gameplay and gives noobs more gratification and free hits then they already get due to your faulty broken combat system shannanigans.

we are all tired of getting killed by noobs who think they have any skill whatsoever when your faulty combat system stun dazes us for no reason and we get killed by yet another unfixed combat bug
    at what point do you take a step back and realize, “hey this has been nerfed till broken” and our game needs serious work guys?

at what point will this game require some skill again?
    its basically catered for nothing but noobs and vanguard swords and bugs and glitches and horrible choppy gameplay.

• @parkrangerstan:

most of the bugs are minor and kinda funny.

Sorry but I don’t think getting hit off the ballista or catapult and not being able to swing or block is very funny or minor. ;)

• @akazi:

@parkrangerstan:

Sorry but I don’t think getting hit off the ballista or catapult and not being able to swing or block is very funny or minor. ;)

Not sure whether or not you are serious, but on the off chance that you are… Is that a bug? Even if it is, medieval siege weapon simulation is not the main focus of the game, so I would argue this particular one is minor. And probably kinda funny. :D

• @Sir:

@akazi:

@parkrangerstan:

Not sure whether or not you are serious, but on the off chance that you are… Is that a bug? Even if it is, medieval siege weapon simulation is not the main focus of the game, so I would argue this particular one is minor. And probably kinda funny. :D

When you get shot by an arrow, or hit with a sword you get knocked off the ballista and catapult. When that happens you have your weapon in your hand again, but you can’t block the next incoming attack or attempt a swing. I think that’s pretty bad bug imo. Sometimes though you can do a parry and it will get you out of it, but sometimes that won’t work.

• @akazi:

When you get shot by an arrow, or hit with a sword you get knocked off the ballista and catapult. When that happens you have your weapon in your hand again, but you can’t block the next incoming attack or attempt a swing. I think that’s pretty bad bug imo. Sometimes though you can do a parry and it will get you out of it, but sometimes that won’t work.

Do we know that this is a bug, or could it be an intentional part of the game mechanics? Realistically, if you are operating a catapult or a ballista, your hands are full. So getting punished by being unable to immediately use your weapons after getting knocked off makes some sense.

Most of the time I see people attacking siege weapon operators, they do so from behind. Certainly in these situations it makes perfect sense that the person getting jumped from behind cannot parry, since they fail to adjust the way they are facing in time for the second attack.