Chivalry: Deadlist Warrior Beta

• So this game has been ‘announced’ for a hoped mid-autumn release. With that not so far off, do we expect to see a beta? I expect and hope for at least, those who have purchased Medieval Warfare to be given access to the beta to trial the game for themselves.

• You have to keep in mind this isn’t just Torn Banner’s schtick, Spike TV likely won’t be nearly as open as TB would regarding things like Beta and feedback. While an up-and-coming video game studio would be all too happy to get community feedback on an unfinished product I imagine Spike TV wouldn’t want to give you the chance to not like the game without buying it, especially since video game free trials are kind of becoming a thing of the past.

And even if the above is the case they (Torn Banner) probably couldn’t say so.

I hope I’m wrong, it would be nice to know before I buy the game. But that’s kind of the point, isn’t it :)?

If a developer sees this- do you guys know if there will be a free trial at least (if no beta)?

• I’m pretty sure there’s selective testing going on for certain people who recieved beta invites.

• @Oy:

I’m pretty sure there’s selective testing going on for certain people who recieved beta invites.

It’s still in alpha. But I think it was said somewhere that a larger closed beta would happen. Just be patient my young ones. And also, TB is doing this thing right and aren’t being lead by a string from Spike.

• @ChuckingIt:

@Oy:

I’m pretty sure there’s selective testing going on for certain people who recieved beta invites.

It’s still in alpha. But I think it was said somewhere that a larger closed beta would happen. Just be patient my young ones. And also, TB is doing this thing right and aren’t being lead by a string from Spike.

I highly doubt there are on a string. Though I’m not sure where the evidence is that a company such as Spike would disallow a beta, it could be the case. If anything, I’d want a beta just to play it a little sooner than the already impending release date. How impatient I am but its true.