Additional tracer type

• The suggestion is to add a tracer that ceases rendering once damage registers. The displayed tracer would show from beginning of attack and stop at the point damage is applied.

• And the purpose of this tracer is to do what exactly? It doesn’t do anything other than what you said. Disappears once damage is applied. Pretty useless tracer.

• @lemonater47:

And the purpose of this tracer is to do what exactly? It doesn’t do anything other than what you said. Disappears once damage is applied. Pretty useless tracer.

Maybe its for testing… open your mind…

• Well when I post a suggestion I try to leave out my personal reasoning and other details about how it could be used of the initial post, I want people to initially see whether they like the suggestion from an unbiased point of view as much as possible initially.

One reason this could be used is to see when damage is applied with specific attacks and what damage/parry path the weapon follows at the same time. I might add in the suggestion that a parry/block would also stop additional rendering.

When you swing a weapon with tracers on you can see it’s entire damage and parry path. But when you hit a target you can’t really be certain which part of the tracer landed the actual blow.

The main reason this has become of interest to me is because of another topic that is currently discussing OH lookdowns with polearms. In the [non-optimal]tests I’ve performed so far, it doesn’t appear to really be a problem as some people make it out to be, but it really is difficult to be certain where in the attack damage is being applied in the tracer.

I’ll show a picture I used in another thread.

The reason I did a swing next to the rocks, is to use the rocks as a replacements for a players hitbox. In this picture we can see that the swing ends, and if the players hitbox matched the rocks, damage would be applied during the 7th tick. But this isn’t accurate and just gives an idea.

Also in regards to this specific scenario with polearms lookdowns, I did manage to get one swing to hit the rocks on the 3rd tick but didn’t get a picture of that. Ticks 1-3 with polearm overheads are pretty much in the same position which is why I think some people think the attack happens instantly after windup, but that is another discussion.

• AOS_slomo 0.1 with a bot game.

Then you can easily see what hits first.

• well thanks for the info lemonator. I’ll test that out, it might be all I need. I’ll still leave this suggestion in because even though if slomo is sufficient, it couldn’t hurt to have another avenue to test things with.