RELEASE THE SDK ALREADY

• I was playing some Skyrim and I thought to myself. God Damnit Torn Banner, why don’t you release the SDK to live already? Seriously, the potencial that Chivalry could have with the SDK is literaly limitless If the SDK was already on live:

-The game would be already fixed and a LOT more improved.

-The Modding fan base could grow up and even make a game like Chivalry a seed to all sorts of mods. Like Skyrim and HL 2, not joking.

-Infinite map variety.
    We would see maps of from medieval movies, or even of other games of the genre, would you imagine being able to play in Whiterun, Solitude, Windhelm, Winterhold, Morthar, Black reach, or Hyrule just to name a few,

-Full Conversion Mods.
    With the arrival of Deadliest Warrior we could be looking at more objects, props and things that would expand inside the SDK boundaries itself, if the potential wasn’t already limitless we could be looking at whole different and wonderfull games that would spawn inside the Chivalry Mod banner.

-Make the player count for Chivalry never disappear and Improve.
    Torn Banner, You made such a good game, that even today, 8 months after the introducction of the CU1 that was the ONLY one that introduced new maps, people still play up to today. That’s because your combat system is so fun and soo rewarding and the maps are so inmersive and sprawling that people never cease to get bored of it. Imagine just releasing the SDK

-Make Chivalry a nerver ending fun game.
    Like if it wasn’t already a game with limitless fun, put that in the mix.

Now I just want you to imagine, for just one second what it would be of Chivalry if the Mod Tools went live… isn’t it beautifull?

• Agreed. If they wait much longer, modders will lose interest due to a lack of audience. I have been hearing for months to wait a little longer…all things considered, what the heck is there to lose releasing it at this point?

• @the_brown_cloud:

all things considered, what the heck is there to lose releasing it at this point?

That’s what they said right before they released Skynet……

• SDK is on hold until Christmas after DW is released.

• @gregcau:

SDK is on hold until Christmas after DW is released.

Can I have a source? This will basically seal the deal of death if that’s the case.

• @gregcau:

SDK is on hold until Christmas after DW is released.

I’d like a source on this as well. We’ve been waiting so long for new content. I’ve resided the fact that TB will not be releasing content for Chivalry themselves, but I was hoping the SDK was all but ready to be released and we could finally get a breath of life in this game.

• The source is Gregacu’s head.

• Trust me, we would LOVE to get the SDK released already. It’s high priority right now. We have wanted to get this released already, but there are issues that prevent us from doing so. I know it’s frustrating and we’ve said it would be released “soon”, but we really expected to have it released already. Thanks for your patience, I know it isn’t easy.

• @Kimiko:

Trust me, we would LOVE to get the SDK released already. It’s high priority right now. We have wanted to get this released already, but there are issues that prevent us from doing so. I know it’s frustrating and we’ve said it would be released “soon”, but we really expected to have it released already. Thanks for your patience, I know it isn’t easy.

• HAHAHAHAHA :D :D :D – priceless response

• Fair enough, SDK will come when it comes.

However do you guys have a rough estimate? or can at least confirm whether after xmas is a legit source or the exotic fantasies of gregcau? :P

• @MonkeyFiend:

Fair enough, SDK will come when it comes.

However do you guys have a rough estimate? or can at least confirm whether after xmas is a legit source or the exotic fantasies of gregcau? :P

There are no plans to delay the SDK for any reason. The people primarily working on the SDK at the moment are not involved in the active development of DW at all. So no, there is no truth to what greg said.

• @SlyGoat:

@MonkeyFiend:

Fair enough, SDK will come when it comes.

There are no plans to delay the SDK for any reason. The people primarily working on the SDK at the moment are not involved in the active development of DW at all. So no, there is no truth to what greg said.

I’m really glad to hear this. Hopefully the issues can be sorted pretty soon. :)

• Will you release any patch for CMW before release of CDW?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Will you release any patch for CMW before release of CDW?

Yes. We have a patch in the final stages right now. Hopefully it’ll be on beta soon.

• People always tend to forget that a game development team is usually made up of more than one person.

• @SlyGoat:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Yes. We have a patch in the final stages right now. Hopefully it’ll be on beta soon.

Are there no plans to hotfix any issues?

• I think all “LOLOL RELEASE SDK PLS I KNOW HOW TO MAKE MAP LOL!” threads, such as this one, should be removed. It’s been stated multiple times that it will NOT be released at this moment and begging for it will not speed up the process either.

• RELEASE THE SDKRAKEN

• @Sidewinder:

@SlyGoat:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Are there no plans to hotfix any issues?

You do realize what “hotfix” means?