Ideas and Suggestions??

• Why doesn’t the ideas and suggestions area exist anymore?? Wtf…

• All threads have been moved to General Discussion. You can still post your ideas and suggestions here.

• Why did you decide to do this?

• Why would you combine the two most active sub-forums? And the suggestions forums had a good format that was clearly distinct from general discussions.

• @dpunk:

Why would you combine the two most active sub-forums? And the suggestions forums had a good format that was clearly distinct from general discussions.

It’s simple. They hate our suggestions :P

• well, that may be the case. General Discussion would be the place where people with suggestions would be bashed and ridiculed into never posting another suggestion ever again. We’ll probably all end up having to give rumpelstiltskin our firstborns just to browse Deadliest Warrior section.

• What reasoning possibly made you decide to combine the two sections?

Makes absolutely no logical sense.

It clutters up the general discussion section more.
    Threads will fall off the front page faster.
    It generally means less ideas coming in.
    Also makes the forums less organised and more cluttered.

Any positives? None that I can see.

Th chivalr forums are the most origami see I have been on. Most others are cluttered messes. But you decide to make this forum closer to that of the cluttered messes.

• I honestly didn’t realize it was gone until someone pointed it out. I’m usually very supportive of whatever TB does (including DW) but this just makes absolutely no sense. Why would you combine these two? It’s ridiculous. If I wanted to browse ideas and suggestions, that was an easy way to do it.

Now it’s just chaos. And chaos isn’t a ladder.

• I’m sorry, I know it’s a bit confusing, but there were a lot of threads that were in both GD and I&S and a lot of the suggestions are not do-able, etc. A lot of the forum sections will be getting moved around and such as it’s getting pretty cluttered up. Plus with the release of the SDK coming up, a lot of the ideas will be fan-created and more use of the content creation sub-forum can be utilized.

• At least we can still make suggestions, I thought it was an attempt to silence us lol.

• @King:

At least we can still make suggestions, I thought it was an attempt to silence us lol.

Haha oh no no. Please continue to make suggestions. Just so many sections to read things can be a bit overwelming. This is the most popular section as it is.

• @Kimiko:

I’m sorry, I know it’s a bit confusing, but there were a lot of threads that were in both GD and I&S and a lot of the suggestions are not do-able, etc.

Sounds like a “Stop making suggestions” message too me. Now any idea will be drown in myriads of general discussion topics.

@Kimiko:

Plus with the release of the SDK coming up, a lot of the ideas will be fan-created and more use of the content creation sub-forum can be utilized.

And how should modders find good ideas in general discussions? Now we can’t even tell the difference between a constructive suggestion (tended to be posted in Ideas&Suggestions) and random criticism/whining (tended to be posted in General Discussion).

Example: A modder has the idea of improving the feint system.

Before: He went to the I&S subforum looking for suggestion that might suit him. This way he could include some ideas and also read about peoples criticism. Some suggestions might me not doable but there are some really nice ideas included.

Now: He goes to the General Discussion subform searching for some time before encountering a topic about feinting. It says “mimimi remove feints”. He keeps searching and finds another it say “the feints system should be revised”. He keeps searching and finds some other topics about feint removal but nothing constructive.

You just threw the jewelry in the coal cellar.

• Evil Minion, there is a section for custom content, so people can post their ideas down there for modders.
    viewforum.php?f=95