Javelin Major bug/glitch Patch Notes

• Patch 3 Javelin Notes

MAJOR
    -There is a bug where at times, in “Wind Up or Throw Jav Mode” you cant look horizontally at all. It’s only while in throwing mode.Either the sensitivity is super decreased or flat axis, it’s just plain awful.

MINOR

-Also to note in wind up mode or throw mode, at times it auto throws your javelin. It sometimes proceeds on until empty.

Javelineer for life
    Keep up the good work
    Love the game ,

• Developer

Noted, thanks. Do you have any idea what steps have to be taken to reproduce either of these bugs?

• I can reproduce the major issue by repeatedly looking/left right in idle, and then holding down Attack1. Whilst in aimed mode, the sensitivity is then reduced to close to nil.

• Developer

I haven’t been able to yet. There is a noticeable drop in turn rate (which is by design but might change), but it’s not zeroed out like the OP states. Still not sure how to do it yet.

• Developer

Never mind, I’ve seen it. I’ll fix it. I haven’t seen the auto-throwing yet, but it sounds like it may be tied to restocking ammo or some such.

• Funny, I tried to repro for a good 10 minutes doing what Martin said but couldn’t - finally found another way, though. Looking rapidly up or down while the javelin is being thrown drops your horizontal turn rate until eventually you’re unable to turn at all with a javelin readied until respawn.

• Yeah, ignore what I said before. I just tried randomly moving my mouse again between and during shots, and it broke on the 4th Javelin (and I still don’t know why) and then every Javelin after that seemed to have reduced sensitivity. Suiciding resets it.

I’ve also finally managed to reproduce that minor one too, at least I believe so, it was somewhat random. I was simply spamming left click like crazy between shots, some shots played the idle to aim animation, others instantly threw it and went on for another shot too. Anything to do with spamming left click near the end of reload? Something related to queuing?

• Using all 7 javs up and then resupplying caused the cant aim horizontal bug for me.

• From my experience this bug seems to be tied to resupplying. But sometimes it occurs without doing so. I haven’t gotten a solid repro yet, but has anyone toyed with cancelling the throw (feinting)? I do this often and the bug seems to occur afterwards.

• Patch 4 Javelin notes

Major
    -The horizontal super low sensitivity bug still happens while throwing. It is fixed after ammo box though. It’s not as frequent as well.

-The cool down animation from throwing a jav to idle is excessively long. Beyond the time to be able to react to any foe. This has been a problem since day one.

–Not sure if you knew of these or just didn’t get to them.

Love the game,
    Keep up the good work.

• patch 4 i thought my mouse is broken but after several shots with javelins i cant move the crosshair left and right only up and down in throw mode… this bug happens after refill with ammo or after several throws in combination with other keys pressed i think…

• I liked how throw reload worked before the patch. I agree that the javelin throw reload is too long. I also hate that my sensitivity drops to .00001 during reload so I can’t turn in defend myself.

• they should remove slow movement of mouse when you use javelins because is already hard to hit with them… javelins have much lower speed than arrows and this means is much harder to hit someone in motion with them… i think is the hardest weapon to master… but my favorite also.

• The reload speed of the javelin is insanely long now; sure it was quite a bit faster previously but it was compensated by the fact it was hard to hit your target and you only had seven ammo, which you could get through within just a few seconds if you wasted it. I can’t see too many people playing the class with the speed as slow as this. Definitely an unneeded change.

• @LosPepe’s:

Patch 4 Javelin notes

Major
    -The horizontal super low sensitivity bug still happens while throwing. It is fixed after ammo box though. It’s not as frequent as well.

-The cool down animation from throwing a jav to idle is excessively long. Beyond the time to be able to react to any foe. This has been a problem since day one.

–Not sure if you knew of these or just didn’t get to them.

Love the game,
    Keep up the good work.

I’ve noticed this, I play jav a fair bit and the cooldown from throwing to being able to block again feels a bit too long, most of the time it renders you unable to defend yourself, however this may of been intended.