[RELEASED] AOC-Malric Manor

• Hi Fierce fighters ! :)
    UPDATE**

The TO mode is now released ! Drown the King into the lava or save him maintining him up.

Additional feature : Flush out the lava to clear the area from ennemies. If you hear the bells ring : run !

There is also an interactive easter egg ( hint : it have something to do with one of the spawn )

Here is the Workshop link if you want to subscribe http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=190055029&searchtext=

Any feedback concerning the balance and tweaks are welcomed ! the map is hosted on the Fat Frogs server. AOCTO-MalricManor_p2

There are other custom maps aswell.

I’m happy to show you the map i’m working on. The map is made for the LTS and TO mode and is called “Malric’s Manor”.

• The map will be as suitable for competitive play as for public fights.
    • There is one main floor , where the main fight occur. A corridor to avoid the melee and strike on the flank. And finally a 1st floor for a desired archer spot. I was also thinking about a 4th path like a shortcut by the outside (maybe ?)
    • The mood and the lighting will be balanced between a strong moon light passing through the huge windows and the torches illuminating the dark corners.

Here is some of the inspirational artworks for the map and the top view plan. And the actual progression of the map after the first day, which was at the very beginning with the blocking volumes and the feeling of the area space.

And there is a quick walk through in video :

Feel free to give constructive critics or ideas , and stay tuned i’ll update the topic for all the interesting progress :D

And few screenshots :

Here is the Nexus page BTW : http://chivalrymw.nexusmods.com/mods/12//?

Also , if you are looking for someone to help or join a mapping project, I would be glad to help you.

• Oh my gosh!

If you can manage to pull it off like in your inspirational art there, it will truly be an amazing map! Looking really nice so far, and good luck!

• This looks awesome. I noticed in your inspirational images, top right looks like Amnesia: The Dark Descent after you finish the sewers and arrive at that fountain area. Can’t really tell cause it’s too small, but man that would make one helluva fun fighting room.

• Awesome bud, the pictures from other in-castle scenes from other games are extremely immersive. I really hope you can top that off with your map!

Ahhhhhh, i remember slowly trudging through Amnesia The Dark Descent within the castle… Extremely nice graphics.

• @Gauntlet:

This looks awesome. I noticed in your inspirational images, top right looks like Amnesia: The Dark Descent after you finish the sewers and arrive at that fountain area. Can’t really tell cause it’s too small, but man that would make one helluva fun fighting room.

Yeah, I would say that the image with the trees is from Amnesia as well. At least I remember a similar part from the game. Nonetheless, Amnesia’s got an awesome visual style and it would be perfect to fight battles in that environment! (hope someone can make really creepy dungeons and torture chambers later on as well)

• Yeah, I would say that the image with the trees is from Amnesia as well. At least I remember a similar part from the game. Nonetheless, Amnesia’s got an awesome visual style and it would be perfect to fight battles in that environment! (hope someone can make really creepy dungeons and torture chambers later on as well)

You are right guys , Amnesia gave me the initial inspiration. Concerning torture and creepy dungeons , it’s on my todo list :)

• @Rayeon:

I also had a question to make it clear : When i’m using the assets of the other parckages of the game, do i have to move them to my package before cooking or it doesnt matter ?

Normally not, only when u have costum packages in there it might have to be done.

• Love the lighting effects from the windows.

• I’m still not sure for the name of the map , do you have guys some ideas ? :)

• Both a fantastic and unique looking map. I love it!
    For a name, do you want this map to be lore friendly? Le Manoir seemed like a fine name to me. Though I noticed you have Mason banners draped everywhere, so maybe this is a Mason owned Castle?

Also the third pic definitely gives off Amnesia vibes. Should hide a little note that when interacted with, pops up some poem from the renaissance lol

• Love the feel of the map, keep up the good work!

• You could call it Malric Manor lol.

• @Oy:

You could call it Malric Manor lol.

Malric’s Holiday Resort

• I think it will finally be called " Secret Quarters " I hope it’s lore and english friendly :)

• I liked french name more :P

• Here is the video with a walk through https://vimeo.com/74569751 :k1:

• Looks great, the art and lighting is really nice.

• Thanks you for the positive comments :)

Here is the Nexus page BTW : http://chivalrymw.nexusmods.com/mods/12//?

Soon, there will also be a beta server running custom maps , including this one.

• Awesome job Rayeon! The map looks fantastic. Shot you a message on the forum :).

• For those who want to play it on an online server , there is a beta server running the map at this adress : 95.211.217.102:7873

Don’t forget the fact you need to get the files in local aswell , you can download the map here http://chivalrymw.nexusmods.com/mods/12//? and have to put the file over there

Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfarebeta\UDKGame\CookedSDK\SecretQuarters