Where are those archers we hate so much?

• Hey Guys,

I know, that only 3? (correct me if I’m wrong) warriors have been released. but I was wondering when those archers/long ranged warriors are coming in. I know, that no one can answer, but I’d like to hear your thoughts, as to what you hope they’ll be.

• Each class had its own ranged ability. Samurai had the bow and the Spartans had the javelin. I believe they’re just going to add a ranged ability to each class. So you can choose between a sword or a ranged weapon (hopefully they don’t let you choose both).

• @Meow:

Each class had it’s own ranged ability. Samurai had the bow and the Spartans had the javelin. I believe they’re just going to add a ranged ability to each class. So you can choose between a sword or a ranged weapon (hopefully they don’t let you choose both).

Yeah this. It will be interesting as I understand ranged will be somewhat… limited. A Yumi bow wielding samurai has about 8 shots I think it was said (likely by you Meow), and the Spartan’s spear can be thrown once, though is reclaimable. And if the show is anything to go by, the knight will wield the skillbow. Now IF Roman Centurion is going to be a playable class (I see lots of wanting for it on the forums), it would be interesting, as by the show… they’d have to bring a goddamn Scorpion (Big ass horsehair-wound ballista).
    Nah, probably will be javelins but it’d be funny to see them deploying it.

• @Meow:

Each class had it’s own ranged ability. Samurai had the bow and the Spartans had the javelin. I believe they’re just going to add a ranged ability to each class. So you can choose between a sword or a ranged weapon (hopefully they don’t let you choose both).

I’m really hoping they’re going to revise their vision of archery and projectile damage in this game. If everyone has ranged ability it would be nice if ranged weapons you can’t do anything about didn’t 1-2 shot you. Since it’s not a specific class in CDW I think it lends itself the ability for some balancing work that CMW didn’t.

I would almost prefer you carry a bow as a sidearm and just have them do much less damage. I think engaging your opponent in melee battle should be rewarded, as we’ve all seen what has happened with the archery situation in CMW, especially since CDW is going to be more about KDR and less about the objective. The whole idea that “oh yeah, but they’re just shooting us and not doing the objective so we’ll just deal with it” simply won’t apply anymore.

• @Meow:

Exactly. And in the show Deadliest Warrior, Knights were equipped with a crossbow. So I’m pretty sure that’s going to be added.

• @Ma:

@Meow:

Yeah this. It will be interesting as I understand ranged will be somewhat… limited. A Yumi bow wielding samurai has about 8 shots I think it was said (likely by you Meow), and the Spartan’s spear can be thrown once, though is reclaimable. And if the show is anything to go by, the knight will wield the skillbow. Now IF Roman Centurion is going to be a playable class (I see lots of wanting for it on the forums), it would be interesting, as by the show… they’d have to bring a goddamn Scorpion (Big ass horsehair-wound ballista).
    Nah, probably will be javelins but it’d be funny to see them deploying it.

I thought the Spartan could choose the normal javelin or the bigger spear but the big spear can only be thrown once whilst the javelin would work pretty much like in CMW.

If Roman Legionary is one of the classes they should have the pilum (the heavy javelin).

• Um, well, I would want some AK247s, um, I think they would really add to the umm…flavour and…balance and stuff, and some UAVs would be nice too, just to reward, like, killstreaks, and stuff…um…yeah, I think that that would be really…great…!!!

• @ArchimedesWithASword:

Um, well, I would want some AK247s, um, I think they would really add to the umm…flavour and…balance and stuff, and some UAVs would be nice too, just to reward, like, killstreaks, and stuff…um…yeah, I think that that would be really…great…!!!

AK247 or AK-47?

• I meant…um…AK…yeah, 47.

How yall liking my COD impression?

• If each class has its own ranged ability what will the pirates have?

Guns!??

• Attack parrots.

• Attack parrots with guns?

• WHY THE F*** NOT?