New Website registration Broken?

• Hi,

Just had one of my clan members trying to sign up to the TB forums and has been having problems.

On the page: ucp.php?mode=register

The new anti-bot protection parts have a load of enter time/enter number type stuff which is fine, but the section at the bottom has a section called “Confirmation of registration”

What kind of game is Chivalry?
    Please drag the options to the correct list, to avoid automated registrations.

The 3 options that I see can’t be dragged. The mouse cursor changes to a ‘drag’ type but nothing moves (either by dragging or single click). I’ve tested this in IE, Firefox and Chrome. I’ve also tested this on another completely separate machine

Afaik this means that all new registrations to this site are now not possible

thanks,

Monkey

• Strange, I tested it and it worked. However, I removed that option for now. Thanks for the heads up.

• It’s possible your friend had an extension such as NoScript(Firefox) or NotScript(Chrome) that prevents scripts from being auto-run and works with a white-list style where you yourself have to allow scripts to run. I get caught by that all the time when registering for new sites and not seeing capatcha or other anti spam stuff.

• @Event:

It’s possible your friend had an extension such as NoScript(Firefox) or NotScript(Chrome) that prevents scripts from being auto-run and works with a white-list style where you yourself have to allow scripts to run. I get caught by that all the time when registering for new sites and not seeing capatcha or other anti spam stuff.

Don’t think so: she tested on firefox/chrome I think and then I did the same on firefox/chrome/IE on one computer and then FF/Chrome on separate another computer. Although I had noscript/adblock on one I turned them off, the other computer never had these. Got the same result as her.

All the anti-bot stuff worked as expected except for the dragging stuff around bit

Anyhoo, she apparently registered herself without any problems once that section was removed, so thanks :)

• No problem. Glad she was able to register after that.