KnH Glitcher

• Here is a new one to fix TB.

I have never seen anyone do this ONE before. He kicked the rock and walked across the air to the location he is in on the screenshot. KnH owned the server so attempts of vote kicking this glitcher where stopped by this very player himself (He was the admin too) and so he sat there waiting for the timer to run out. This is a total abuse of admin powers and in game bugs.

This is exploiting. Finding bugs and glitches and using them to ur advantage is the definition of exploiting. Torn banner u need to issue, at the least, some temp banns for glitch users because all these glitchers are un punished and that encourages others to glitch and as a result ppl no longer wish to play such a buggy game.

Screenshot

Bugg user profile.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079160202/

• Shitty admins, but I’d like to believe natural selection will happen and either the clan will take measures against this guy or if supported by the clan, their overall reputation will be ruined to a point where no-one would play with them/join their servers.

I can never say enough… try and find decent well-adminned servers and stick with them :D

• This topic belongs here!

@Najo:

Torn banner u need to issue, at the least, some temp banns for glitch users because all these glitchers are un punished and that encourages others to glitch and as a result ppl no longer wish to play such a buggy game.

Bans? Thats far too drastic. Instead of banning people who figure out bugs there should be a higher priority in solving them. Because glitches are part of the game and people don’t need to be banned for ruining your precious duel score.

Please complain about the bugs not about the people using them as they are not the problem. Does not make him less of a douchebag for doing so though. However, banning people for using glitches instead of removing said glitches asap is just as bad.

• True the bugs need addressing.

However anyone glitching into dodgy places on our server usually receive a warning to stop & suicide and if they ignore that (which they always do) receive a permanent ban.

• @Evil:

This topic belongs here!

@Najo:

Torn banner u need to issue, at the least, some temp banns for glitch users because all these glitchers are un punished and that encourages others to glitch and as a result ppl no longer wish to play such a buggy game.

Bans? Thats far too drastic. Instead of banning people who figure out bugs there should be a higher priority in solving them. Because glitches are part of the game and people don’t need to be banned for ruining your precious duel score.

Please complain about the bugs not about the people using them as they are not the problem. Does not make him less of a douchebag for doing so though. However, banning people for using glitches instead of removing said glitches asap is just as bad.

Hi Minion,

I addressed both In my OP. I asked TB to fix the bug and asked them to take minor action against ppl who are using these bugs. I must say ur logic sucks by saying if I was to find a bug and I decide to use it, then its not my problem, its TB for allowing it to exist. Example: If I find that overclocking my cpu gives me a speed hack, I have a found a glitch. If I then decide I am going to use this glitch to my advantage then that’s not Torn banners fault alone. That is completely me abusing a glitch and using this flaw to my advantage

I think temp bans would be fair enough for ppl proven to be suing such bugs. Its not always about my score, its about ppl abusing these glitches (because they largely go unchecked) and ruining the game for many ppl and as a result many ppl quit the game and will never regain faith in the product.

1.3 million sales with a average 1-2k ppl playing daily is a testament to how bad things are. Id say a good 40% of the problem is due to buggs.

• this happend on a public server … soo… who the fuck cares?

there are far worse glitches then this one

• @CRUSHED:

this happend on a public server … soo… who the fuck cares?

there are far worse glitches then this one

Well, the people that care are the ones that want to have a fun public game not ruined by trolls or general arse like behaviour.

Guess that doesn’t include yourself then.

• It’s their server so they can do there whatever they want and Torn Banner can’t ban people simply because they are using exploits.
    @MonkeyFiend:

I’d like to believe natural selection will happen and either the clan will take measures against this guy or if supported by the clan, their overall reputation will be ruined to a point where no-one would play with them/join their servers.

Personally I don’t give a crap what other clans do on their private servers as long as they’re not exploiting during a scrim.

• I would rather encourage people to find those glitches so that they can be fixed than disencourage them by dropping the ban hammer. It does improve the game much more than adding house rules and hoping people would follow them. This kind of action would just imply the game was allright save for some evil douches…

• @rumpelstiltskin:

It’s their server so they can do there whatever they want and Torn Banner can’t ban people simply because they are using exploits.
    @MonkeyFiend:

I’d like to believe natural selection will happen and either the clan will take measures against this guy or if supported by the clan, their overall reputation will be ruined to a point where no-one would play with them/join their servers.

Personally I don’t give a crap what other clans do on their private servers as long as they’re not exploiting during a scrim.

On a private server fine, but assuming this server was opened to the public then it’s not acceptable.

Admin on a server should give more powers (to make certain rules and enforce them) but not a carte blanche to do anything they like (inlcuding hacking or utilising glitches for advantage); or more specifically if they have to do hack oor glitch for advantage, then the server should not be included in master server list.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

It’s their server so they can do there whatever they want and Torn Banner can’t ban people simply because they are using exploits.
    @MonkeyFiend:

The server is for public. Also just because they are the admins it should not give them a pass on Using glitches cause they pay for the server.

• The irony is that the game is in such a poor population state because of ppl like KnH members that the only populated duel server is KnH’ server so u don’t have a choice but to put up with this behavior.

• @Najo:

The server is for public. Also just because they are the admins it should not give them a pass on Using glitches cause they pay for the server.

People can do anything on their server because they paid for it. That’s how it works.

@Najo:

The irony is that the game is in such a poor population state because of ppl like KnH members that the only populated duel server is KnH’ server so u don’t have a choice but to put up with this behavior.

They are plenty popular ffa duel servers AFAIK, grandmace for example.

@MonkeyFiend:

or more specifically if they have to do hack oor glitch for advantage, then the server should not be included in master server list.

Torn Banner can’t do that, they can only ban individual hackers from official servers and other servers which use TBS official server banlist.

• I don’t see what the real problem is here. It is a fucking annoying exploit but it is up to the server to handle. On the other hand, I frequent the Official LTS server #15 quite often and there has been a huge influx of these assholes doing this exact shit. Can’t even votekick them because there are so many of them doing it.

Brought it up with Slygoat and he said, “I’m not sure if the superjump will be fixed in our upcoming patch. It’s really only annoying for Duel and LTS though, so no big deal.”

Thanks TBS! This type of stuff is part of the reason why the official servers I frequent that used to be full almost 24/7 now don’t even fill up in peak hours.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Najo:

People can do anything on their server because they paid for it. That’s how it works.

@Najo:

The irony is that the game is in such a poor population state because of ppl like KnH members that the only populated duel server is KnH’ server so u don’t have a choice but to put up with this behavior.

They are plenty popular ffa duel servers AFAIK, grandmace for example.

@MonkeyFiend:

or more specifically if they have to do hack oor glitch for advantage, then the server should not be included in master server list.

Torn Banner can’t do that, they can only ban individual hackers from official servers and other servers which use TBS official server banlist.

…U are ridiculous, but on the topic of ffa duel mode. The game already has a official duel mode and works fine. The ffa duel mode is a messy game type. People can friendly fire ur duel, noobs are constantly coming in and ffaing, it doesn’t keep track of ur wins and loses and ppl can refuse to duel if they don’t like ones setup or feel they are going to lose. Its a elitist mode that is really unjustified because the ppl in them servers are just as good/bad as the ppl in the official mode. There is exceptions to this but on a whole the standard is about the same. Also the 2 round =1 victory the official duel mode is better.

I recommend trying to proper duel mode.

• What do you mean by ridiculous? That’s how it works, you buy a server and you can do there whatever you like. You can be a douchbag, abuse admin or use exploits but it’s still your server.

And about duel modes, I’d say people should play that mode which is better for them.

• If you don’t like what’s going on in the server then you should leave.
    You’re not being forced to stay there. This thread seems to have an alternative connotation to it.

• or they could just fix it so the reported glitches don’t work anymore. . . oh wait.

• @Xylvion:

or they could just fix it so the reported glitches don’t work anymore. . . oh wait.

GTFO!

• @Sidewinder:

I don’t see what the real problem is here. It is a fucking annoying exploit but it is up to the server to handle. On the other hand, I frequent the Official LTS server #15 quite often and there has been a huge influx of these assholes doing this exact shit. Can’t even votekick them because there are so many of them doing it.

Brought it up with Slygoat and he said, “I’m not sure if the superjump will be fixed in our upcoming patch. It’s really only annoying for Duel and LTS though, so no big deal.”

Thanks TBS! This type of stuff is part of the reason why the official servers I frequent that used to be full almost 24/7 now don’t even fill up in peak hours.

Few things:

1. I never said it was no big deal. Please don’t put words in my mouth. What I said was it isn’t considered gamebreaking enough to delay the patch if it couldn’t make it in time.

2. Your persistently hostile attitude lately doesn’t do anyone any good. When I or someone else on the dev team offers some transparency and you react like that, all you’re doing is reinforcing the attitude that it’s often better to say nothing at all.

3. It looks like this did manage to get a fix in time for the patch, so your complaint is null in the first place - again, I only said it may not make it in. That can also be read as “it may make it in”.