The forgotten victim of the patch

• I am, of course, talking about fists, the gentleman’s weapon. You could always tell a kindred soul on the battlefield when they did not simply cut you down in cold blood, but instead, acceded to your requests for a noble duel with the most humble of weapons. Moreover, even were they not to accept your request for a little civility in the midst of such chaos, if sufficiently skilled, you were still capable of of bashing in their head and moving on.

Unfortunately, due to the combination of increased flinch time, parry in recovery, sprint lockout, and the facehug bubble, using fists effectively is needlessly hard for any class not named MAA. This is not to say that you cannot use fists, but, unless you plan on employing hardcore kill stealing, you will almost always struggle. This is not the worst part however. If you do manage to now find another gentleman willing to duel you in a fair and proper manner, fist fighting is just incredibly awkward due to the presence of the bubble.

Now, I understand that fists are not supposed to be a super viable choice against most opponents. I mean, even disregarding the realism factor (fists + armor = broken fists or fists + real weapons = death), I realize that fists are not supposed to be a huge part of the meta and are more there for amusement.

However, I don’t know about anyone else, but I miss the extremely satisfying ability to go on rampages with fists against armed opponents. I miss the ability to use fists effectively, because they provide a truly unique and fun playing style. I miss actually being able to hit things with fists when I’m clearly in range.

Does anyone else miss the old fists? I think fixing the bubble would help a lot actually, but many of the other changes also kinda just killed the effectiveness of fists. I would be interested to see everyone else’s opinions.

• I dont mind the bubble, but it is very annoying in fist fights, very hard to land anything but overheads and sprinting stabs and I haven’t had a single interesting fisticuffs match since the patch because instead of parry and riposte back and forth it’s just people swiping at eachother draining their stamina instantly until someone happens to die

it could be toggled on and off when you switch to your fists, if that can be accomplished…

• Well the old fists were completely ridiculous. You could aim 90 degrees to the left or right of someone and still hit them with a slash. I don’t want to see anything back at that level.

• @Dr.Nick:

Well the old fists were completely ridiculous. You could aim 90 degrees to the left or right of someone and still hit them with a slash. I don’t want to see anything back at that level.

Well, I don’t propose taking away the tracers they added for fists. But the bubble, and all of the other gameplay changes have made fists a mere novelty.

• Honestly, never liked fists. Just thought it was stupid, a big fuckin war goin on and there’s a guy runnin around fuckin people up with his fists… I dunno, was just slightly annoying to me…

• @King:

Honestly, never liked fists. Just thought it was stupid, a big fuckin war goin on and there’s a guy runnin around fuckin people up with his fists… I dunno, was just slightly annoying to me…

Totally agree. I find people switching to fists with a view to duelling annoying because I don’t want to fight with fists and feel bad for just cutting them down.

• Fists were OP prepatch cause they interrupted everything and were so easy to land. They sucked against multiple opponents but in a 1v1 you could be some kind of killing spree monster.

• I find it hard to believe they were OP at all. Most people forget that you can’t block with fists. So when you were facing someone using them, all you had to do was remain calm, parry once, riposte, and combo. And if that class wasn’t a maa, they were dead. At least personally, I don’t think fists were ever OP.

And now, they are basically unusable even in fist fights due to the awkwardness of the bubble.

• I think he meant they were OP as in OP for fists.

• Partly, but I got around 30-40 kills/round with them, cause I got the achievement in 3 rounds. This is before tarvern was released as well so it was on TO maps.

• The bubble screwed up fisting. But Fisting was OP to start out with. It should have never had that much damage and blowback in the first place. Other than that is was fine, boring after you play tavern more than once, it should have always just been a novelty.

• Fists op? are you people dumb in the brain? FISTS WERE NEVER OP AND IF YOU DIED TO FISTS WHILE USING A WEAPON, FACE IT, YOU DESERVED TO LOSE THAT FIGHT. Fists suck now! bring back the old fists!

• The Brandistock is op, the bearded axe is op, FISTS WERE NEVER OP.

• I mean come on! what do you not understand about the fact that fists cant block weapons?!?!

• I wonder who’s “dumb in the brain” and tripple posts instead of just editing the previous one. I assume you’re quite new to the game because the fists interrupted everything, yes everything, before the wind up changes. They hit on ridicolous ranges and you could 4-6 hit people easily. And you could also facehug at this time. Sure you can’t block people with them, but as I said, you could see someone starting their windup and hit them before they get a chance to hit you and they were interrupted. The old fists were OP, the new ones are like they should be, the most useless weapon in game.

• It’s simple, keep fists how they are now and REMOVE/DECREASE the bubble.

• @Xylvion:

I wonder who’s “dumb in the brain” and tripple posts instead of just editing the previous one. I assume you’re quite new to the game because the fists interrupted everything, yes everything, before the wind up changes. They hit on ridicolous ranges and you could 4-6 hit people easily. And you could also facehug at this time. Sure you can’t block people with them, but as I said, you could see someone starting their windup and hit them before they get a chance to hit you and they were interrupted. The old fists were OP, the new ones are like they should be, the most useless weapon in game.

Did you ever try using the old fists? It wasn’t exactly easy to fight anyone who was smart enough to not stay still and just spam away or try to tank every hit. There were a bunch of ways to easily kill someone using fists, for example you could parry their attacks and riposte with a stab, you could just switch to your secondary weapon and deal with them using that. Also I don’t remember them ever having ridiculous ranges or interrupting every single attack otherwise i’m sure we would have seen more people using them.

Seriously they weren’t hard to deal with.

• Fists should be something you NEVER see in something like a TO. I love fists to death, but there is no doubt that they were op. They were a dagger but faster, and I recall a time when I played MAA and would fist in pubs until I got crazy good. It’s really stupid to see someone on the top of a team with fists, when they shouldn’t even be considered a weapon. Keep the fists how they are, but do something about this stupid bubble. It’s a shitty attempt at fixing something that wasn’t even an issue. Just learn how to kick your opponents to get them out of your face.

• If you honestly think fists were over powered in any shape or form I can’t fathom your thought process.
    Players who excelled in beating you to death with their bare hands were good players, that or you’re really bad.
    You should propose TBS nerf good players.

• sorry but being able to remove one’s head from a punch…… OP
    Being able to kill someone with 5 punches or less… OP
    Spam punching + blowback = OP specially with MAA and archers
    Fisting in general is a novelty and should be kept so. It would have been better to be knocked out and the screen go black than to die from a stupid punch. But hey enough toolbags thinks it is cool… :roll: