Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior Update! September 6, 2013

• Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior: We had a great time showing our game to everyone at PAX Prime. The Samurai and Spartans join the Knights of Chivalry in a battle to see who is deadliest! The rest of the warriors will be announced in the upcoming weeks as we build up to our Fall release. You can check out images here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set … 129&type=3 and also keep an eye out for updates on our Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior website.

• PAX Prime: Some of us were at PAX Prime in Seattle and it was a lot of fun. If you stopped by our booth, thanks for coming to talk to us and learning more about us! It was great talking to some of the members of the community and introducing new people to our games as well. We showcased Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior and received a really positive response. If you haven’t seen the images yet, take a look here

Total Biscuit also stopped by our booth and had some really nice things to say about the game. Check it out!

[youtubehd:2hz2vk39]xxt43AaLUR8[/youtubehd:2hz2vk39]

• Awesome, will hands down buy this DAY ONE!
    I don’t care what people have to say about it, it is our beloved Chivalry and it deserves positive recognition. Keep up the good work.

Curious, will 3rd person be introduced in Chiv:DW?

• @Goregasm:

Curious, will 3rd person be introduced in Chiv:DW?

Introduced implies that it is not in the original game… which it is. I can’t imagine that they would take out 3rd person. Maybe someone who played it at PAX can comment?

• So the knight is the 3rd class, but the website still only shows two classes. Are you going to wait for the 4th class before displaying the knight so they can have a contest between them?

• Around the 2:22 mark he uses a shoulder barge or something which looks like the equivalent of a kick, but much more fluid, will this fluidity be updated into Chivalry: MW? The chunky, ARMA2-esque kick in MW has always been a peeve and felt out of place v_v

Also, Samurai > Pirate

g1Tw-_KDhx4

• A lot of us are wondering if there are going to be anymore updates for Medieval or if you’ve just moved on to Deadliest now. There’s only been some quick updates on a possible patch but they seemed to only be given because of how restless people were getting.

I hope some of the improvements and ideas in Deadliest might spill over to Medieval. This is looking better than I thought it would be.

• @dillweasel:

A lot of us are wondering if there are going to be anymore updates for Medieval or if you’ve just moved on to Deadliest now. There’s only been some quick updates on a possible patch but they seemed to only be given because of how restless people were getting.

I hope some of the improvements and ideas in Deadliest might spill over to Medieval. This is looking better than I thought it would be.

We are definitely still working on Chivalry. Because of PAX, we had to prepare for the DW build, but we’ve working on getting the next patch out for Chivalry to fix a lot of big issues.

• It looks so bad…just dont like that kids style.
    So when you will update the main game - chivalrymw? Last good update was in 5july… and again you started work on this ““DW”” you could make so much for medieval warfare but no you cant devote time lol…

• Really like the new animations, game speed and how smooth the combat is, looking forward to it.

• @CRUSHED:

Really like the new animations, game speed and how smooth the combat is, looking forward to it.

I don’t know what’s more shocking… Approval of a TBS product from me…
    Or approval from a TBS product from you…

• @Meow:

@CRUSHED:

Really like the new animations, game speed and how smooth the combat is, looking forward to it.

I don’t know what’s more shocking… Approval of a TBS product from me…
    Or approval from a TBS product from you…

You’re a good influence for him!

• @Goregasm:

Awesome, will hands down buy this DAY ONE!
    I don’t care what people have to say about it, it is our beloved Chivalry and it deserves positive recognition. Keep up the good work.

I feel the same way! :D

• @Sir:

@Goregasm:

Awesome, will hands down buy this DAY ONE!

I feel the same way! :D

I will not hands down buy this day one…
    I will hands down whine and groan until someone buys me this day one.
    :D

• Agree with folks related to the disappointment that the original Chivalry seems to be a non-priority. I was really hoping you’d continue advancing the game. Since launch, all we have had are some new maps/weapons and mechanic changes. Nothing else appears to be planned but this expansion. Kinda of a disappointment TBH. Don’t get me wrong, I love the game (which is why I mention this)… but where are all the innovative ideas of new game mods / persisent worlds / whatever cool stuff you could implement. I guess you’ll just leave the development up to the community

• This hadn’t occurred to me yet but I think it’s rather important. Are fists still being included in Deadliest Warrior? I haven’t seen them in any gameplay video so far and that worries me. Tell me you’re still including them right TBS?

• samurai bow and sword _

• @Meow:

I will not hands down buy this day one…
    I will hands down whine and groan until someone buys me this day one.
    :D

Ok Knill up to you.

I’ll buy it just because I want to be Achilles, but I’m going to be mad if I am not a bad ass Greek.

• When can we pre-order on steam?

• So… another skip in the whole “Friday update” thing?

• @Tummeh:

So… another skip in the whole “Friday update” thing?

It’s 2AM in California so Kimibro is probably sleeping.