Combat system

• Hey guys, I was just curious, is the whole, combat system from Chivalry: medieval warfare coming to Chivalry: deadliest warrior? Or do we even know? But if you do have any information on this topic, please, leave a comment!

Sorry if I sound like a retard asking this, but I have no clue! :D

• I believe it is the same, or rather, very similar. There are changes in regards to speed and such like, but purely going by Totalbiscuit’s coverage at PAX Prime, there seem to be the usual swings, overheads, stabs, blocks, feints and shoves. There will be custom animations for each, so it may not all look the same, and some ‘added’ moves that are special to classes. For example, the Samurai is able to sheathe his katana and then ‘draw-slash’ which can hurt someone close by.

Here’s the video if you wish to look it over! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxt43AaLUR8

• From what I understand, they intend Deadliest Warrior to be faster paced than Medieval Warfare.

• @Sir:

From what I understand, they intend Deadliest Warrior to be faster paced than Medieval Warfare.

That would be a very bad thing for TBS to do IMHO as parts of C:MW are too fast for online play where ping goes over 40ms.

The faster things move the worse it is for any online game.

• If they are smart they will make it so to kill someone you have to land 6-7 hits instead of 1-3.

Be much more satisfying.

• @gregcau:

If they are smart they will make it so to kill someone you have to land 6-7 hits instead of 1-3.

Be much more satisfying.

If that’s what you’re into, feel free to pick a weapon with low damage and aim for the legs. :P

Personally, I enjoy nothing more than dispatching those pesky archers with a single zweihänder strike.

• There are some changes to the combat system. It still functions the same as in Chivalry so you have your stab, overhead, slash, altswings, kicks, stamina, etc. There are two bigger changes that I know of but I’m making a video discussing everything I know so you’ll just have to wait until then :)