What FoV Do You Recommend?

• I know the higher FoV’s would technically be better. (more vision) But I’ve heard some REALLY good players like int. bada use lower FoV’s like 91. Why use these lower FoV’s over the higher ones? I’m currently playing at an FoV of 110.

• FOV 1000.

Most hilarious game ever.

• I use 100. I used to use 90 then 95 now 100. I’ve tried higher but I don’t like the look of it and I’m so used to judging the distance at 100. Also at 100 there isn’t much clipping with your character so it’s prettier, if you care.

• I’ve played default since release, don’t see any reason to change. You can generally hear if someone is coming from your sides, and I don’t feel like going through the motion sickness of changing it.

I think fish-eye FOVs are generally helpful for shield use, of which I don’t use at all.

• I use 120, I think.

• I use 110

• If you’re interested in keeping the game not looking too fishbowl-y but want to maximize your periphery I believe the highest you should go is 95-100. I currently play at 95. 100 might start clipping into the knight shoulders but I’m not totally certain.

If you don’t mind the way fishbowl look then I think 120 is the oft cited setting for many players.

• 110-150

• I’ve played on a few different ones, I started on default obviously. But as I mained archer I wanted to have some sort of zoom effect so I changed to 60. Then I somehow got it reset to 95 and noticed that the arrows didn’t drop as much (this is quite a while ago), then I started to play at 100 more or less for everything and I still am. I guess you play on what feels best. sometimes it might depend on screensize as well. I mean with a larger screen you can easily play with a higher FOV and still see the characters in teh same size or even larger than with a smaller screen. I do have a “zoom” button though which sets the FOV to 60 (you could probably use 30 or something as well for even more of a zoom effect) and on release it goes back to 100, which is helpful sometimes if you’re scouting, or using the ballistaes/crossbows.

• It’s easier to judge distance with lower FOV. At 60-90 FOV the distance a person in center of your screen or on the sides will be the same. Their is actually a upper cutoff where things start becoming distorted, I think it’s 90 but don’t know for sure.

I would recommend somewhere between 90-120. If you play an archer, you can go lower and it may help your aim.

• I like playing on 60.

• I like 95. Best compromise between viewing area and minimization of fisheye effect.

• @DaciaJC:

I like 95. Best compromise between viewing area and minimization of fisheye effect.

+1

also use 95, have tried higher but this to me seems a good balance

• I use 110. It gives you a little clipping when using a twohanded sword. But you see much and the models aren’t screwed. An FOV over 120 will make them look weird I think.

• 120. You can get used to a fisheye effect and attacks seemingly hitting from further away; there’s no getting used to being hit from an angle you couldn’t see.

• 110 on a 4/3 screen

• 110 FOV at 1920x1080 resolution. The game just looks better with a higher FOV IMO.

• 110 for maa
    95 for archer
    130 for knight/vanguard

• 110 for me, but I don’t really play archer anymore.

• 110 and 150, depends on how I feel.
    110 for max view while still looking good, 150 so I can actually see what’s to my sides like a real human being, and don’t care for looks.