Why do YOU dismember corpses?

• This seems to be a fairly common practice in duels. I want to get some insight is all.

• I only do it to archers, but when I do it’s always to disrespect them.

• i typically don’t dismember, sometimes i cut off the head, just something fun to do afterward… for me it’s not to insult or anything, it’s just like i said… something fun to do after the fight is over.

• I almost never dismember, but it’s mainly because I have corpses set to only last about 5 seconds. Which btw, is a really good idea if you have low FPS, reduced bloodsplatter works well too.

• Because I’m bored.

• I don’t, ragdolls turned off.

• I do it to people that annoy me. After a duel sometimes I chop of their head to end their pain. But not to disrespect or something. I usually let my character say something respectful when doing that.
    Like: “You fought well” gory sound when cutting of the head

The only people that get really dismembered by me are FFAers on the old fashioned duel servers. I cut off every damn limb of those stupid morons.

But I really only do it to them. If someone does something stupid like using the archer in duel mode, I disrespect him by laughing at his corpse and say stupid things.

• I decapitate/explode feinters. Other than that I try not to cut off limbs of the dead. I don’t mind when people cut my body up but some people get offended when you cut their limbs off. Meh. Essentially if the player is playing like a dick then I’ll cut their head off.

• I decapitate corpses of people who piss me off, archers, feinters and the likes of that. It’s to disrespect them. But mostly I don’t have the time to do that. What I like doing instead is stabbing people that have just been killed and are doing their death animation. Like someone has cut off a foe’s arm and he’s falling down on his knees, I run up to him and end his misery, stab him in the heart. Or if I am fighting some skilled guy, then all of a sudden a friend runs up and end him for me… I go up to his corpse and stab him again, just to have the last word! :D

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I don’t, ragdolls turned off.

^this.
    If they’re on as an archer the chances you will miss an opponent because a ragdoll is still standing is quite high and it’s also annoying.

• I can’t. To save FPS the corpses disappear after 1 second on my computer.

• I only dismember corpses in duel mode. I do it as a sign of disrespect when I have killed someone who not only spams feints, but complains in chat when they get killed. It’s one thing to feint and heck even brag about killing people, but when they complain that they got beaten, they deserve a dismembered corpse.

But for fun, as often as I can i will kick someone who is going through the death animation, it just feels so cinematic when you have stabbed a sword through someone and you “kick them off of your weapon”.

• I didn’t know so much people considered this as an outrage. I should stop doing that because of boredom between duel.

• I mostly dismember archers and people I find to be dishonourable/annoying such as people who hide during duels or exploit the dodge out of stun bug, though I do often dismember people for the fun off it.

• I always laugh when I read things like “respect” or “honor” in a video game. it makes me laugh.

and I dismember corpses because it is a feature on this game that is available and it’s pretty funny. if I could pick up the severed head and stick it on the end of my sword and running around while screaming taunts…I would…

• @LordBenedictIronclaw:

I always laugh when I read things like “respect” or “honor” in a video game. it makes me laugh.

Courtesy and politeness go along way, fgt. Even in fencing, opponents salute each other before their duel. In almost all sports games, the opposing teams will shake each other’s hands after it’s done. Video games are like competitive sports in some ways, and I see nothing wrong with upholding some semblance of sportsmanship.

• @jrmftw:

I only dismember corpses in duel mode. I do it as a sign of disrespect when I have killed someone who not only spams feints, but complains in chat when they get killed. It’s one thing to feint and heck even brag about killing people, but when they complain that they got beaten, they deserve a dismembered corpse.

But for fun, as often as I can i will kick someone who is going through the death animation, it just feels so cinematic when you have stabbed a sword through someone and you “kick them off of your weapon”.

Nothing wrong with feints. Learn how to read them. Or keep initiative and avoid them altogether.

• I DISMEMBER ARCHERS!!! and pesky Man At Arms! :D It’s a ton of fun on my side… and man I love it. It’s like when someone kills me and starts playing with my body, i’m like… oooooooh you’re going down bud! xD

It’s a bit of fun for me which creates revenge missions and grudge matches, absolutely brilliant love it.

• As a rule of thumb, I cut off archers’ heads in duels. This rule applies to all crossbowmen. I do it to express my discontent. It is also the biggest impact you can make, as their camera will roll along with their head. I typically do not cut off anything else (unless I miss horribly).

There are exceptions. There is a particular archer that always picks a spear and sure knows how to use it. I have only won a handful of duels against him, but I always left his body in peace out of respect for his skill.

If I see the player excessively BMing in chat or mutilating corpses, I try to return the favour by cutting their head off, regardless of what they pick.

I see a lot of people here mentioned feinting as a reason for dismembering corpses. I have no problem with feinting per se. It is a core game mechanic. It is even featured in the tutorial. Complaining about it is like complaining about gravity. I do not mind dying to feinting based tactics, nor do I mind using them myself. And it is always interesting to see high level players that can read feints correctly every time.

In TO games, I’ll cut off any enemy’s head if I have the time for it. It’s a morale booster! ;)

• @Sir:

Complaining about it is like complaining about gravity.

Dude, gravity sucks. Don’t pretend it doesn’t.