Would you recommend muting all players?

• Hey all.
    My question is plain and simple: Do you recommend muting all players on a server?

Let me explain why I ask that question: The chat is slowly destroying my game-experience. Not the chat itself… The players who use it.
    Flame, flame, flame, cry, cry, cry. I can’t stand it anymore.
    But one thing that keeps me from muting all people is the fear to get kicked for not apologizing for a teamhit in the chat. I use voicecommands but most people seem to play without sound, listen to music or just don’t understand english.

Muting single players doesn’t work for me unfortunately. After a few seconds they are unmuted again, whyever.

Have you experience in playing with all players muted? Are you getting votekicked a lot when doingn so or are you ignored or even respected?

• Turn of chat.
    Don’t hit teammates.
    Problem solved.

• I experimented with disabling the chat for a few days just to see how my playing experience would be, It is a bit different. I felt alone a bit because the fact I couldn’t see what people were saying about anything, a few downsides to it I feel are when a vote kick happens you have no idea why, it could be a jerk on the chat and you wouldn’t know it. if you accidentally tk someone, or a group of friendly you don’t know what the reaction will be so you’re kinda sitting there think what they will do.

• I believe you can still disable chat but then talk in console if you need to apologize like:

say Sorry about that!

• @Kimiko:

I believe you can still disable chat but then talk in console if you need to apologize like:

say Sorry about that!

or for the catapult users out there, probably best to bind that to a key for quick access :P

• @MonkeyFiend:

or for the catapult users out there, probably best to bind that to a key for quick access :P

I think I love you, I should bind the sorry command to a key so I don’t have to type sorry if I tk someone in the midst of battle! kudos to you sire!

• bloody tktapult squabbling does my head in.

on topic - what Kimiko said, other players will still see what you type.

i mute everyone if the comedy to bitterness ratio is too low. there’s nothing wrong with hurling abuse at other players if you can be funny with it, but watching some semi-literate titamaboob flail around in chat trying to express how upset they are using only poorly spelled racist/homophobic slurs gets old really quickly.

btw, is there a bug with muting? i thought it was supposed to affect the console as well as voice comms (which as far as i can tell, only work at all if you’re a massive douche), but whenever i’ve muted individual players, it doesn’t seem to affect anything.