Dear no feint crybabys

• I don’t care if you don’t like Feints. I don’t care when you explain me how Feints are “cheap, noobish” or whatever. I don’t know why you guys waste your time trying to tell people how bad feints are. Ever since this sale, i get asked very often “WHY U FENT IN DUEL HURR”. Well, the answer is simple: I can handle feints while you don’t. There is no excuse. Now after the patch, dealing feints with the reduced window is easier then ever.

Feinting is no reason to votekick someone. Feinting is no reason to start flaming someone or calling someone out, you just make yourself look like a fucking whiny scrub.

Its part of the game, so: Play more talk less

inb4 coolstorybro uscrub feget

• Posting in a feint thread.

• Feints are absolutely fine.
    When people ask: “Why do you feint ?”
    My answer is simple: “In a competitive or a somewhat serious environment,you want to dispose of your enemy the fastest way possible so you can focus on the objective and not to have a 3 hour duel against someone until his/your reinforcements arrive”.
    Now,i play a lot of no feint duels,simply because i don’t like hearing people cry about it,but i just think of that as holding back and not going full force on someone.
    And let’s be honest even if feints were removed,people would still whine about delays/directional stabs/accelerations etc.
    And i also think that without feints the game would be very unbalanced due to the different stamina drainage on weapons(weapon with more stamina drain would win,if you were just trading attacks and parrying).

• @CRUSHED:

I don’t care if you don’t like Feints. I don’t care when you explain me how Feints are “cheap, noobish” or whatever. I don’t know why you guys waste your time trying to tell people how bad feints are. Ever since this sale, i get asked very often “WHY U FENT IN DUEL HURR”. Well, the answer is simple: I can handle feints while you don’t. There is no excuse. Now after the patch, dealing feints with the reduced window is easier then ever.

Feinting is no reason to votekick someone. Feinting is no reason to start flaming someone or calling someone out, you just make yourself look like a fucking whiny scrub.

Its part of the game, so: Play more talk less

inb4 coolstorybro uscrub feget

U duel? Thats news to me.

• just oldschool duels once in a while bro

• @CRUSHED:

just oldschool duels once in a while bro

Old school eh. U mean that messy, elitist ffa shit. Yeah, try the official one some time, its works alot better. And plus Im there so U can face me:-)

• @Shard:

-snip-

Essentially what he said. I’m one of those anti-feint guys that would hardly ever use it offensively. But if I came across someone who did, it’s free range for feinting.
    Also, feints are fairly easy to read with a calm mind. Feint moves are silent and don’t make grunting sounds like committed attacks, meaning there’s two ways to defend against feints; blocking after hearing the attack grunt, or attacking immediately to get a free hit and initiative to combo more.

Feints are quite fine at this level and only need a quick analysis to adapt to and fight back against.

P.S. is ffa dueling and gamemode dueling even important enough to argue over?

• @Bushido:

Feint moves are silent and don’t make grunting sounds like committed attacks, meaning there’s two ways to defend against feints; blocking after hearing the attack grunt, or attacking immediately to get a free hit and initiative to combo more.

Oh that is simply not true lol. They claim that it’s that way in their latest patch notes, but reaility sound is such an unreliable indicator for pretty much anything in this game.
    Just saying, sometimes people feint with the grunt playing, or bounce off of walls with the wall-hit-sound playing, yet keep slashing through it.

Sound is such an unreliable way to tell what’s going on at the moment.
    I do understand the mess about feints, considering that sound and visual can’t be a proper indicator sometimes as some feints glitch out the character and end up in delivering phantom strikes.

I am cool with feinters, but I think this game has such major problems right now that feinting certainly doesn’t help the situation. They need to fix them and synchronize them properly in order to function the way they should.

• I don’t even feint anymore and just kill people with dragging cause I’m so sick of all these noobs flaming or even kicking me.
    “Oh, TEMPLAR is a feinters-clan, good to know.” Yes and you’re a fuck*ng noob.
    The same people also complain about mouse-dragging though.

• @afiNity:

I don’t even feint anymore and just kill people with dragging cause I’m so sick of all these noobs flaming or even kicking me.

I know that feel.
    “Oh look that guy is from RK and he’s feinting. WHAT A COINCIDENCE! YEAH SPAM MORE FEINTS CLANFAGGOT EXPLOITER”

• “There isn’t a thing in the game that won’t make players whine.”

Oh Chivalry… Why do you have to carry such a curse.

• @afiNity:

I don’t even feint anymore and just kill people with dragging cause I’m so sick of all these noobs flaming or even kicking me.

^
    My point exactly.
    You can’t stop people from whining,the best you could do for them afi,is,GIVE THEM A QUICK DEATH !