Greifers seem to have free reign on official servers

• I’m used to GamesOnNet servers here in the oceanic region. Recently there seems to be more official servers populated. For the most part this is a good thing as i tend to get lower ping on them and most GON servers have oppressive restrictions on fists, 3rd person and votechangemap. But……when votekicking someone, GON requires 55% vote yes whereas official servers require 65%. This makes it nearly impossible to get rid of undesireable players, no matter what they’re doing. After giving up trying to kick someone with over 400 ping i encountered a disruptive player who was deliberately teamkilling and trying to votekick the players he TK’d. When i called a kickvote against him he had 73% team damage. The vote failed, not because of a lack of votes but because too many people were voting to keep him in the game! Some responses are telling me that people automatically vote no, unless they manually vote yes. If that was the case why would there be an option to vote no? Anyway, it sucks to have to leave a game because i’m getting deliberatly TK’d at spawn over and over by a greifer who cant be kicked.

• Sometimes people are too busy to vote and the default is no.

• i’ve found that if i stop to read who vote kicked who and then the % damage or whatever, by the time i’ve read any comments, i’ve been decapitated, so i usually ignore it.

• cuz thats just the way it iiissss… things will never be the saammee

• @gregcau:

Sometimes people are too busy to vote and the default is no.

If there was a default no vote why would there be an option to vote no?

• What would be good (aside from including idle time again :P) would be a couple of options in the votekick screen such as idle/tk’ing/hacking/language - forcing people to give a reason. We often see kickvotes with little teamdamage and no explanation of why they were called

• Are there any admins on the official Oceanic servers? I’ve never seen one.

GON was the only real server provider until recently and it took awhile for them to get enough admins on to stop annoying stuff like this.

• Mod

@Ready:

…Anyway, it sucks to have to leave a game because i’m getting deliberatly TK’d at spawn over and over by a greifer who cant be kicked.

It does. I think the fault here is how no one bothers to frown on the easy hand with vote-kicking done globally on CMW. Its a general acceptable that you can just call a vote on any little thing that might upset you- while this is a good freedom I think people forgot the privilege it involves.

My solution would start with asking people why they abuse the vote system so much and speak against it.
    As for lag though;
    I am playing from Israel and have been playing online since the late 90s and I can quite frankly tell you that I always played on a high average ping. You might think that I am closer to the plate but in truth Israel only has ONE pipe out to Italy, which connects me to the rest of the world thereafter. From my point of view it is rather annoying that I would get kicked for ‘lagging the server’. I think the issue is with the quality of the servers and their capability. If a server running the U3 engine is having difficulty sending information between someone with an average ping of 220 and one with that of 82 the issue in my opinion is the server, not the software.

So ask to reduce the slots, less info to process and less over-all lag on the server.
    Or, get you and your friends to play on earlier, some organization, or later really.
    Eventually its a public server and its not limited, anyone can join and I think that is a good thing. In my opinion the worst choice any game developer makes is when they tag and fence their crowds, like done in World of Warcraft. While it helps with ping, you can never play with your friend who is from the US. (this of course containing that you haven’t altered the configuration files yourself)
    Or just go play on another server. That is what I have to do when I get kicked for having 130 ms. (ridiculous imo)

Or of course, host your own server and make your own rules.
    this is my opinion.

• I bloody told everyone that increasing the kick yes percentage on oceanic servers was a BAD idea.

But no one ever listens to me.

And high pings distance wise don’t lag the server.

A high ping because the client has a shit connection. Will lag the server.

• @lemonater47:

I bloody told everyone that increasing the kick yes percentage on oceanic servers was a BAD idea.

It was increased?! I didn’t know that… What are the pecentages and times set to now?

• @MonkeyFiend:

@lemonater47:

I bloody told everyone that increasing the kick yes percentage on oceanic servers was a BAD idea.

It was increased?! I didn’t know that… What are the pecentages and times set to now?

65% apparently. According to pinnapple. I don’t play on them. I play on be games on net servers. They also don’t suffers from ghost swings nearly as much.

In fact in my latest video you see a greifer and a person with high ping get failed votes. On an official server. That’s becuase I was playing at 12PM and strangly people decided to populate one official server.

• @Ready:

@gregcau:

Sometimes people are too busy to vote and the default is no.

If there was a default no vote why would there be an option to vote no?

Obviously not voting and voting no are not the same thing.

• Yeah, kinda a pain. From my experience “official” servers tend to be the worst, usually because of lack of moderation. Trusting a democratic system is a terrible idea because most people are stupid and/or don’t care.

Wouldn’t be a problem if I actually had more then 5-7 servers in my area, which is shocking because I’m US West Coast which for most games has a ton of servers available. Maybe I’m just spoiled by TF2 ;)
    Really puts into perspective the pains you foreigners go through, though I still dislike the 300 ping guys warping around the battlefield TK and being generally unkillable.

• @Tizoc:

Yeah, kinda a pain. From my experience “official” servers tend to be the worst, usually because of lack of moderation. Trusting a democratic system is a terrible idea because most people are stupid and/or don’t care.

Wouldn’t be a problem if I actually had more then 5-7 servers in my area, which is shocking because I’m US West Coast which for most games has a ton of servers available. Maybe I’m just spoiled by TF2 ;)
    Really puts into perspective the pains you foreigners go through, though I still dislike the 300 ping guys warping around the battlefield TK and being generally unkillable.

The official servers are moderated though. If there’s problems please use the Chivalry moderators group (see this post) or add the following in steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivmod

the official rules for the servers can be found Here

Obviously a mod needs to get onlline and confirm if an issue occurs but there is support there :)

• @MonkeyFiend:

@Tizoc:

Yeah, kinda a pain. From my experience “official” servers tend to be the worst, usually because of lack of moderation. Trusting a democratic system is a terrible idea because most people are stupid and/or don’t care.

The official servers are moderated though. If there’s problems please use the Chivalry moderators group (see this post) or add the following in steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivmod

Obviously a mod needs to get onlline and confirm if an issue occurs but there is support there :)

To be honest I rarely run into many problems that I’d consider worth reporting. Sometimes we’ll get the regulars on a TDM/LTS that insist on dueling but I’d consider that more of a time to get out of the servers the good ol’ boys are running rampant kind of scenario. Is MAA getting into otherwise inaccesible areas like spawn intended though? That’s been happening a lot recently except enemy (or friendly for that matter) getting onto ballistas on Stage 1 Stonehill seems a bit…bonkers.

• @MonkeyFiend:

@Tizoc:

Are any of the admins in Australasia/Pacific region though? The OP is referring to those servers.

• @Dr:

Are any of the admins in Australasia/Pacific region though? The OP is referring to those servers.

The admins should have access to any of the official servers, including Australia. So if you can contact them, although their pings might not be pretty (mine seems around 370 to Australia :P), they should still be able to sort out any issues of abuse.

• Mod

@Dr:

I am from Israel which sort of puts me between all of these time zones.
    While I cant really play on the servers, I make sure to log in to the AUS servers and the SING one daily to check on things. Give me a shout if you see me on ;)

• I say SPAM THE INSERT (yes) BUTTON!!! XD

• @MonkeyFiend:

What would be good (aside from including idle time again :P) would be a couple of options in the votekick screen such as idle/tk’ing/hacking/language - forcing people to give a reason.

Yes please!