[BETA RELEASE] Chivalry: MW - Launcher

• Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - Launcher

It’s a launcher made for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, which enables you to edit your game settings before you start the game. I’m also planning on adding the ability to change server settings, and launch a server. This would make it easier for people who just wants to host a small server for their friends.

–----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features:

! - Resolution
    ! - Fullscreen
    ! - Vertical sync.
    ! - Motion blur
    ! - Depth of field
    ! - Light shafts
    ! - Ambient occlusion
    ! - Bloom
    ! - Dynamic lights
    ! - Dynamic shadows
    ! - Invert turn
    ! - Invert mouse
    ! - Mouse smoothing
    ! - Disable chat
    ! - Particle quality
    ! - Character quality
    ! - Foliage quality
    ! - SSAO quality
    ! - Detail mode
    ! - Mouse sensitivity
    ! - Double tap time

Planned Features:

! - Ability to launch a server
    ! - Ability to configure the server
    ! - Custom binds for console key, etc.

–----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation & Usage

Updated the tutorial to fit the recent version

1. Download the .zip folder

2. Extract the content into your Chivalry folder. !Important that you also extract the .dll file
    Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare

3. (Not needed) Create a shortcut to “Chivalry Launcher”, just so you can access it easier later

4. Startup “Chivalry Launcher”, you will now be introduced to this:

If you added the files in the correct place you should now be able to launch your game with it.

5. Click on the button that says “Settings”

6. This is what you should see at this point:

Yours will most likely not show any ticked off boxes or resolution

7. Click on the browse button, and locate your game config folder.

Chivalry live example: “C:\Users\YourName\Documents\my games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config”
    Chivalry beta example: “C:\Users\YourName\Documents\my games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare Beta\UDKGame\Config”

8. After you have selected the config folder, you can press the “Load .INI” to get your current settings

9. You can now start changing the settings available, and when you are done press “Apply” to save.

Changelog: (15. September, 2013)

! [Added] Particle quality
    ! [Added] Character quality
    ! [Added] Foliage quality
    ! [Added] Detail mode
    ! [Added] Gamma
    ! [Added] Field of View
    ! [Added] Button for launching server (Planned feature)
    ! [Added] Button for configuring server (Planned feature)
    !
    ! [Changed] Launch interface
    ! [Changed] “Game Settings” interface

Changelog: (17. September, 2013)

! [Added] Mouse sensitivity
    ! [Added] Double tap time (can be turned completely off, removes random dodges if you use one button dodge)
    ! [Added] Loads the settings from the config files, instead of storing it in the program
    ! [Added] 5076x1080 as an resolution option
    !
    ! [Changed] Code so it’s a bit cleaner
    ! [Changed] Launch interface
    ! [Changed] “Server Settings” interface
    ! [Changed] “Game Settings” interface

Changelog: (24. September, 2013)

! [Changed] The settings will now load automatically
    ! [Changed] Minor interface change
    !
    ! [Removed] Load.INI button
    !
    ! [Fixed] Detail mode setting not saving properly
    ! [Fixed] Loading of quality settings to show the proper setting in the dropdown

Bugs & Known issues:

• It will not retrieve your resolution just remember to manually select it before you press “Apply”, and you will be fine.

Would love if people could provide some feedback, this has so far been a project just for myself. But I thought I would post it to see if anyone else was interested. And if there is an interest in something like this I will keep updating it.

And if there is functionality you see missing and you would like to see, please leave a comment in this thread. So that I can take a look at it, and see if I can manage to actually incorporate it. :D

Basic game settings:
    [progress:3hupgwxd]100[/progress:3hupgwxd]
    Server settings:
    [progress:3hupgwxd]10[/progress:3hupgwxd]

Download:
    [attachment=0:3hupgwxd]Chivalry-Launcher-24-09-13.zip[/attachment:3hupgwxd]

• This would fix a lot of problems. Thankyou so much

• Have you thought about adding a mod manager to this?

Once the SDK is launched live, there will be a need for a mod manager so you can select which mods to launch on startup.

• I believe this thread should go under the Technical Support section, as it’s neither a mod nor a map.

• @Cthulhu:

I believe this thread should go under the Technical Support section, as it’s neither a mod nor a map.

Well, it’s true that it does not add any extra options. But it does at least what I saw in my game fix the high setting on character quality. Seems like they got it backwards in the in-game settings menu, so character quality: low (in-game) = high and high (in-game) = low. I’m not a 100% sure thou so if someone else could confirm this that would be nice.

I also intend to extend the FOV slider to go a bit further than 120, for the people who uses that. Other than that I intend to see which other settings in the .ini file I can add that are not already in the game.

I also updated the original post with the download now, and I’m almost done with the next version which adds the other graphic options except the texture quality. Which I seem to have some trouble finding the correct values to edit. But I will keep trying some more.

• needs more options such as fov, gamma and custom binds

but other then that, nice job.

• New update
    So I’m sorry that this update took some time but I have been out of town. Anyways here is the updated version. I will edit the topic tomorrow.

Changelog:

• Added Particle Quality options
    • Added Character Quality options
    • Added Foliage Quality options
    • Added SSAO Quality options
    • Added Detail Mode options
    • Added Gamma setting
    • Added Field of View setting
    • Added so that the config path selected now is shown
    • Changed the interface

Hope you guys enjoy and feel free to leave more feedback, really appreciate it. And thank you CRUSHED for the suggestions, added them both.

• Needs support for 5076x1080

• @ravendagrey:

Needs support for 5076x1080

Thank you for the suggestion, it is now added as an option.

Some of the changes:

• Mouse sensitivity
    • Double tap time (can be turned completely off, removes random dodges if you use one button dodge)
    • Loads the settings from the config files, instead of storing it in the program
    • Added 5076x1080 as an resolution option
    • Interface changes
    • Some code cleanup

Will update the main topic later, but while you wait here is the new version
    [attachment=0:12rttotp]Chivalry-Launcher-17-09-13.zip[/attachment:12rttotp]

• I think it would be nice if you could change some of the important ini lines with this program (those you can’t change ingame)

• @afiNity:

I think it would be nice if you could change some of the important ini lines with this program (those you can’t change ingame)

Of course, if you know of some more options that you would like to see please tell me. Already added Gamma which was a suggestion here. And will keep adding as long as people tell me what they want.

• I wonder if MSAA works from the ini.

• @Knil:

I wonder if MSAA works from the ini.

Played around with it, but after what I remember it did not do anything. But I can take a closer look at it

• Here are the changes:
    [Changed] The settings will now load automatically
    [Changed] Minor interface change
    [Removed] Load.INI button
    [Fixed] Detail mode setting not saving properly
    [Fixed] Loading of quality settings to show the proper setting in the dropdown

I’m now done with the settings, it does not contain any bugs. But I still might add some graphic settings as I find them in the .ini files. I will take a closer look at adding some custom bindings, but I will now primarily look into server configuartion.

• Wat. Sweet!

How?

Can it reapply saved settings after an update, since they constantly refresh my damn .ini files and all my custom settings?

• This is awesome! Any way you could add a not so popular feature like gamepad/controller setup? Such as look sensitivity, button keybinds etc. Would be a ‘cherry on top’ for me. Great mod!

• This is great! I am really hoping looking forward to the server updates. Also including a mod manager would be a huge plus. Thanks for the application.

• I added this functionality into the Alternate Server Browser way back when, but no one was interested then… Interesting.

• @ReMixx:

I added this functionality into the Alternate Server Browser way back when, but no one was interested then… Interesting.

Remixx, I actually used that until the balance patch a few months back made it stop working. Now I have to go into the .ini to adjust my controller sensitivity. Release an update remixx, I know my sweet spot on your program but cannot seem to get it right editing the .ini…