SUGGESTION: Keep global stats (with poll!)

• I remember first playing this game and seeing the KD counter. I was pretty disappointed that it was only my KD for that particular game. What do you guys think of the idea of keeping global stats? At least the ones shown in the TAB menu (KD, accuracy, damage dealt and taken)

• Mod

I’m not sure if this was suggested before or not. But I personally think that its a bad idea.
    We already have the leveling system for boasting of our presumed skill and prowess in battle. I think that having a globally stored Kdr ratio will not only put a need to have a server hosting this but also cause people to focus on their ratio more than on enjoying the game.

I for one don’t want to see this game become Call of Duty or Halo, where people compete on who has the best KDR. I want people to play this game because its fun, and treat every round as a clean slate.

Additionally if this was done and not hosted on a global server which I suppose TBS has to fund too right? - than people could easily modify the files containing their KDR that would be saved on their own machine- which then turns this whole thing moot.

• I’d be happy to see global stats. For those who don’t care they can still continue to not care and for those whose stats are a big deal they can show off with people of like mind. I imagine it wouldn’t become a CoD style ego fest since if you play the likes of FFA/TO then the stats are fairly subjective anyway. (possibly of a bit more value to duel players)

Although not global, the likes of gametracker can track kills/time logged on a particular server such as this:

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ … p_players/

Also for a much better implementation there’s also the XLRstats plugin for B3 if you can get that working on the servers (so people can get predefined medals etc.)

• Well at least your kills and assists get already saved in an ini file. Personally I would like to see more stuff like medals and more rewards (like in Battlefield). This would probably make me play more on public

• No thanks.

• I voted no (can’t change it, sadly) but on a second thought, it would be interesting to keep track of some additional stats such as how many teammates you have killed, how many kills with a certain weapon, how many deaths/kills. Perhaps even narrow the stats down to a specific map or gamemode. I’d be all in for that.

• Perhaps a ranking system that took into account KDR? I could work with that. Or something along those lines but not tied to current ranking. It would be annoying to lose all of our current progress.

• @afiNity:

Well at least your kills and assists get already saved in an ini file. Personally I would like to see more stuff like medals and more rewards (like in Battlefield). This would probably make me play more on public

Where is this .ini file?

• In games with a matchmaking system, I can understand both arguments for and against such an idea. But since Chivalry doesn’t have any matchmaking, keeping track of stats would just cause a worse game experience.

• I’d love to see damage and teamdamage
    is it in the files somewhere, like weapon kills?

• It is kinda counter productive having global stats when their are a variety of game modes. Unless it also highlighted CTF captures and differentiated kills to objective points, it just wouldn’t be fair for those who take one for the team to get objectives done. Not to mention how slow and painful TO would become as people would be more concerned on their KD ratio.

So, I’m neither for or against it. As long as everything is considered thoughtfully.