So people STILL cry about feints

• Had no idea that even now people cry, rage and votekick about feints.

Was in a duel server just now, beat a guy easily in a no-feint duel. Knowing he was not as good a player, I wanted to end the second round quickly, threw in a feint, and it was over before he knew it had begun.

I was immediately kicked.

For one feint. Not spamming, but one feint.
    When will people realise that a feint is as much a feature as an overhead, or stab, and that by not using it you are handicapping yourself?**

Ready for insults, ready for oh so delicious tears.

• Kids will be kids? Some apples are green and some are red?

• He may be mad about you feinting, but all I keep seeing is actual feinters crying about people crying about them using feints and getting them kicked. (Though getting kicked for using feints is pretty scummy, unless the server is a no feints server.)

I don’t feint but I don’t care if people feint me while duelling, it’s a plus to me if I can read and beat the person consistently.

• Meh, feints are only hard to read on low FoVs or when opponents are up close. otherwise most of them are fairly predictable.

• What do you mean by “no-feint duel”? Was it a server which specifically restricted feinting? If so, the kick was completely justified. It’s their server, their rules. Or is it something you and your opponent agreed to? If so, then that was very low of you and you should feel bad.

I myself understand that feinting is a part of the game– it’s a very simple game mechanic available to everyone AND it’s taught in the in-game tutorial. However, I still get mad at feints every now and then, especially if I didn’t see it coming, or perhaps I felt as if I parried it and died anyways.

• @Hitom:

Kids will be kids? Some apples are green and some are red?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

@Xylvion:

Meh, feints are only hard to read on low FoVs or when opponents are up close. otherwise most of them are fairly predictable.

Higher FoV is better in general. I recently switched to 130 FoV and I love it sooooo much more than 120.

• I lowered my FOV to 100 and I still don’t fall for feints when I’m concentrated. Uhm… talking about two-handed feints… I always fall for onehanded feints, but usually they do their real strike as soon as they can, so they usually hit me before my parry ends :D That’s hilarious!!

Well the people crying about feints are people who are not ready to learn. It’s usually people on high levels that say: “Durr I have played this before feints were readable, so I still call them unfair, because I’m too high level to learn! Durr the low-level players have to learn, so they have to learn how to unuse feints!”

I also started playing before feints were readable. And I didn’t use them back then. Okay I did… when someone really annoyed me.

Even if feints were OP, what they really aren’t, you shouldn’t cry about them. Why? YOU CAN USE THEM TOO!! WITH ANY SETUP AND ANY WEAPON!!

So if you don’t use them, neither learn how to deal with them, it’s YOUR fault! So you should be angry at yourself and not at the feinter!

If you want to play without feints, I heard there are No-feint-servers. Haven’t seen one in the EU though…

• I hate feints! (you can have my delicious tears now).

…but votekicking someone for feinting is just low. :/

If it was a non-feint server then you deserve it.

• @Peter:

Even if feints were OP, what they really aren’t, you shouldn’t cry about them. Why? YOU CAN USE THEM TOO!! WITH ANY SETUP AND ANY WEAPON!!

So if you don’t use them, neither learn how to deal with them, it’s YOUR fault! So you should be angry at yourself and not at the feinter!

Do I even have to point out how ridiculously half-witted this thinking is and how badly you fail to see the big picture? I mean is it even worth it?

VXNj2BobjJ4

• I had someone call me all kinds of names last night after I killed him after using some feint. I just recently started playing again after an eight month hiatus and wasn’t aware that I’m now a faggot among other things for using them. I understand feints can be frustrating to deal with, but without them some battles would probably go on forever. As much as I hate falling for a feint I don’t bash the other person for using them.

• @Slight:

Do I even have to point out how ridiculously half-witted this thinking is and how badly you fail to see the big picture? I mean is it even worth it?

Absolutely not, where there is one, there’s thousands waiting to replace. No reason to reason to the unreasonable.

• Moved to Balance And game mechanics.

Try to post feint relevant issues in the existing thread. I won’t merge this one, two is okay I suppose.

As for this, especially in ranked duels, feints feel… low. In your case, you didn’t use them in the first match, perhaps he had an off-game and wanted to come back strong, but then you toss out a feint and it’s over… absolutely no way to defend against that in any sense. I don’t advocate raging because of this, but I’d be hard pressed to deny that I haven’t done it. Almost everyone has at some point in Chivalry. It happens.

• What do you mean by “no-feint duel”?

Apologies for not making this part clear. No, it wasnt a no feint server. I just meant that in the first duel, neither me nor my opponent used any feints.

• Feints are easy to react to now. They aren’t really OP at all.

You are better off doing dragging. That’s more OP.

• @Meow:

Higher FoV is better in general. I recently switched to 130 FoV and I love it sooooo much more than 120.

True. I play on 117 ( I know, why 117, right?) I would like to experiment with higher FoV but I’m just so used to 117. In the end it’s whatever works for you. But yes, higher FoV has potential benefits( and not many drawbacks that I can think of, besides the obvious one of playing through a fish eye lens :D ). When I adjust my FoV I also find I need to adjust my sensitivity or dpi even, so it’s a pain finding the perfect combination.

THIS IS FEINT RELATED.

• Your opinion about feints is an opinion so it is not wrong or right.
    I can read feints fairly well on most weapons but I still hate them, kicking someone for a feint is freaking stupid though. Some people don’t like drags and I do, I would not want to get kicked for dragging.
    Even so, people don’t have to understand and accept feints as you explained it. If they hate it and don’t wanna use it, they are about as right as you are when you like them and using them. I don’t use them cause I don’t want my fights end right away, and perfectly able to land hits without using a feint.
    Yeah people still complain about feints. Also people that think that feints are fine refuse to understand them and why they hate feints. So why in the hell should they understand you when you say that feints are alright.

• so people actually use high fovs? I try it occasionally but always go back to 100 because I can’t judge range for shit with anything more

maybe I should sit down and really get used to it if it’s so great

• I recently went from 100->110 for melee classes torrenz, it was a pain the first 2-3 days or so, but it was easier to see attacks from the sides and even read feints. The problem is when I play with shortsword as an archer though cause then i’m back to 100 and I more or less miss everything. But that’s because I’m to slow to hit the macro key when I have to switch weapon. (might as well bind a macro to 2 that changes my fov and sensitivity. . . Just thought of that while typing) Anyhow, I understand why people on the default FoV complain about them, they’re really hard to see as the opponent seems to be closer, like a lot closer. But when they’re at a distance (which they are with higher FoV) there’s more or less no problems at all.

• @Slight:

@Peter:

VXNj2BobjJ4

I rather think it’s half-witted to think crying about feints will help you more than learning how to deal with them.

• @parkrangerstan:

True. I play on 117 ( I know, why 117, right?) I would like to experiment with higher FoV but I’m just so used to 117.

I hear 123.976 FoV is ideal if you’re playing on a TV screen; otherwise just use 124 FoV.

(props on those who got the joke)