Better fencing? (video included)

• A separate mod or expansion with better fencing would be great.

Something along the lines of this:

-TzdtyMC7ek

Imo this could be really fun if done properly and I think TBS may be able to pull it off at some point, maybe in CMW2?

• I would love it if it were possible but I don’t think it is. If you really want to do this find a WMA place near you and do it for real :D !

• Doing something like this… would be more in line with locking yourself up in combat with a single opponent, and then click buttons to do different attacks and parries and watch your opponent and yourself do the animations for it. Not at all like the current combat system, which is very much hack-and-slash but still very skill based and demanding good reflexes. Combat like I suggested would probably look cool, with all the moves it would involve, but it wouldn’t really play out the same at all. Like switching targets and have the freedom of hacking in whichever direction you want. It would be more like an interactive duel simulator, where the two duelists do most of the things for you, like the foot work or a fancy grapple, you just chose what they should do. It could be cool, but for a completely different experience and game.

What I would really like for Chivalry 2 though, is that they try to encourage the use of shields more, and that people stay more together. Because shields were really nice to have in battle, and staying with your friends really helped your survival. Right now, in Chivalry, people mostly use the shield as arrow protection on their back, and many people go solo or in scattered formation. It would be really nice if we could see fights in tighter formation, spear and shield being used more, armour protecting you better, and of course, cavalry! Kind of like… War of the Roses, but actually good! Plus some of the aspects of M&B too. Watched some gameplay videos of some multiplayer mod called Vikingr or something, I kind of liked a few aspects of how that played out.

• @SavageBeatings:

Doing something like this… would be more in line with locking yourself up in combat with a single opponent, and then click buttons to do different attacks and parries and watch your opponent and yourself do the animations for it. Not at all like the current combat system, which is very much hack-and-slash but still very skill based and demanding good reflexes. Combat like I suggested would probably look cool, with all the moves it would involve, but it wouldn’t really play out the same at all. Like switching targets and have the freedom of hacking in whichever direction you want. It would be more like an interactive duel simulator, where the two duelists do most of the things for you, like the foot work or a fancy grapple, you just chose what they should do. It could be cool, but for a completely different experience and game.

What I would really like for Chivalry 2 though, is that they try to encourage the use of shields more, and that people stay more together. Because shields were really nice to have in battle, and staying with your friends really helped your survival. Right now, in Chivalry, people mostly use the shield as arrow protection on their back, and many people go solo or in scattered formation. It would be really nice if we could see fights in tighter formation, spear and shield being used more, armour protecting you better, and of course, cavalry! Kind of like… War of the Roses, but actually good! Plus some of the aspects of M&B too. Watched some gameplay videos of some multiplayer mod called Vikingr or something, I kind of liked a few aspects of how that played out.

hmm, I was actually having similar ideas.