Best Archer Shot Ever?

• First off; I really can’t understand why I can’t get this directly on the forum, sorry……

Let me set the scene; the last queen’s son is left and the opposition are doing a great job at defending him and then this…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … UYTWdzp4qY

Ok; it takes him a while to work out the best place to shoot from and then a couple of practice shots but still isn’t that an amazing shot or what?

PS if anyone can get this youtube clip directly on to the forum please do so.

• How does he get the arrow cam? Is that a thing you can toggle on somewhere? I don’t play on archer a lot so I wouldn’t know.

I guess it’s cool though. But being able to watch the arrow fly and land, altering your position slightly every time until you hit is a bit ehh. He could’ve cut out the practice shots to make it more presentable. Still… the other team must’ve been confused as hell.

• @Jon:

How does he get the arrow cam? Is that a thing you can toggle on somewhere? I don’t play on archer a lot so I wouldn’t know…

Yeah; there is a button you can hold down, like you I don’t play archer so I don’t know which it is but it is in the keybinds menu.@Jon:

I guess it’s cool though. But being able to watch the arrow fly and land, altering your position slightly every time until you hit is a bit ehh. He could’ve cut out the practice shots to make it more presentable. Still… the other team must’ve been confused as hell.

I was there at the time and he didn’t even know the shot was possible before he pulled off, he just said hang I’ve got an idea and then the next thing I know is the game is over, so I think a few practice shoots is far enough. But of course you are right it would look more impressive if he cut out the practice attempts from the video.

• It’s an advertized feature and holy shit I’m not the only one who has to play the game in ugly mode :3
    I wonder why he had the time to do this on a scrim. He literally stood there for 1 min without any melee or counter archery incoming…

• [youtubehd:3dyyltr0]AUYTWdzp4qY[/youtubehd:3dyyltr0]

Boom there you go.

And there’s tons of places where you can snipe the royal family. B is the hardest. But where he was staring before missing and the bridge he stood on are the two places I use to do it from. There’s places all g the left side to take out A and C.

Though on B if they push the royal family to the back its impossible. And on A and C you have to stand closer to shoot them. But they are more likely to see you.

So when you see lots of arrows coming in send a couple of people to find that archer and get someone else to push the peasant to the back wall.

Also the projectile can works for all projectiles. Not just arrows. It used to work for the cata but not anymore. Hold down the middle mouse button when you throw or fire anything else.

• the main reason to use throwing knifes is so you can use the projectile cam and listen to the swoosh, that stuff is great

• @Jon:

How does he get the arrow cam? Is that a thing you can toggle on somewhere? I don’t play on archer a lot so I wouldn’t know.

By default it’s hold down the mouse wheel (or middle mouse button) for arrow action cam :)

• @lemonater47:

Boom there you go.

Many thanks, it’s soooooo embarrassing but I tried for about 20 mins and still have no idea why I could get it to work.

I’d really like to see other great archer shots if anyone has them.

• That arrow cam is so good. Great for just scouting areas, it’s nice to see those 2 Vanguards are babysitting the Archer I’m trying to sneak up on. 8-)

• That certainly is one impressive shot! Would have been even more impressive without the numerous near misses leading up to it. :P

• i wonder if you can destroy the wooden barricade protecting the queen’s sons with just arrows

• At least he won that with skill…

I hate it when maa throw their firepods into the last hideout and kill all royal (peasants) at once.

• @AndreaTheArcher:

i wonder if you can destroy the wooden barricade protecting the queen’s sons with just arrows

No.

• That’s cool, I didn’t know you could get B like that. A more obvious one, but one maybe not everyone knows, is when you’re trying to get C you can shoot through the wooden wall near C. You just camp there with a crossbow and snipe peasants or enemy players body guarding the peasants.

• Good one even though I’ve seen more impressive shots.

• I especially like this shot because it’s for the objective.

• @Escadin:

It’s an advertized feature and holy shit I’m not the only one who has to play the game in ugly mode :3
    I wonder why he had the time to do this on a scrim. He literally stood there for 1 min without any melee or counter archery incoming…

Yeah I was surprised to see nobody guarding the last remaining royal family member. :?

• Pretty good shot.

I don’t know about you guys, but when I see an arrow in the air, I make it my mission to catch it with my head. :D

• @Keith:

Pretty good shot.

I don’t know about you guys, but when I see an arrow in the air, I make it my mission to catch it with my head. :D

God bless you.

• You know, that archer must be lucky. On the servers I usually play on, this would result in Flamealry: Votekick Warfare.
    Shoot someone/something from very far away and you’re a “hacker”.