Ninjas!

• There will be ninjas (source).

First of all: YAY! 8-)

Second: how will the inverse law of ninjas be implemented?

• @Sir:

There will be ninjas (source).

First of all: YAY! 8-)

Second: how will the inverse law of ninjas be implemented?

Dude, I think you’re one of my favourite posters here. I reckon the inverse law of ninjas will work simply due to player skill. The ‘roll’ ability seems to require a lot of space and the stealth steps are useless if there are loads of you because chances are the enemy will see one of you. I’m also assuming that a bunch of people that aren’t so good at the game will choose the ninja and hunt in hordes and be easily cut down by a big weapon. The ninja class seems like it is meant to be player solo. The better players will realise this and be far more effective. There’s your law. Sound feasible?

Also congats on picking the last 3 classes. I’m a bit miffed they have 2 classes hailing from Japan but who cares. Pirate masterrace amirite?

• @Footbeard:

I’m a bit miffed they have 2 classes hailing from Japan but who cares.

Ninjas are from China lol. U FUKN RACST BASTARD!!1!

• @Oy:

@Footbeard:

Ninjas are from China? I’m not sure what to make of that comment…

Anyway I’m very excited for the ninja, I can see myself maining as one. I imagine the class would be very skill based like the maa in Chiv, but it would be more reliant on backstabbing and stealth.

• @Oy:

@Footbeard:

I can’t tell whether you’re serious. Either you’re misinformed or the joke went sailing right over my head.

• I don’t mind the overlap…it at least means there’s some possibility to have believable scenarios as well as all the randomness. Ninja vs Samurai battles on a Samurai or Ninja themed map would feel like it all belongs together.

Vikings vs Vikings on a Viking themed map is another believable scenario I guess.

And Knights vs Knights on a medieval themed map….erm…yeah probably better off just playing vanilla Chivalry lol. ;)

• @Oy:

@Footbeard:

I think I’m insulted. T_T

• @b3h47pte:

@Oy:

@Footbeard:

I think I’m insulted. T_T

Are YOU from China? Were you made there?

• @ReMixx:

Are YOU from China? Were you made there?

No but sars was.

• @Footbeard:

I reckon the inverse law of ninjas will work simply due to player skill. The ‘roll’ ability seems to require a lot of space and the stealth steps are useless if there are loads of you because chances are the enemy will see one of you. I’m also assuming that a bunch of people that aren’t so good at the game will choose the ninja and hunt in hordes and be easily cut down by a big weapon. The ninja class seems like it is meant to be player solo. The better players will realise this and be far more effective. There’s your law. Sound feasible?

Now that’s just teasing. I would love to see rolling mechanics implemented for ninjas, but I doubt that will happen. Also I think you just explained the inverse law of ninjas using the logic behind natural selection. I never saw that parallel before. You have opened my eyes! :D

@AngryDave:

I don’t mind the overlap…it at least means there’s some possibility to have believable scenarios as well as all the randomness. Ninja vs Samurai battles on a Samurai or Ninja themed map would feel like it all belongs together.

Vikings vs Vikings on a Viking themed map is another believable scenario I guess.

And Knights vs Knights on a medieval themed map….erm…yeah probably better off just playing vanilla Chivalry lol. ;)

Let’s not forget the pirate vs ninja scenario. At last we will be able to answer that age old question…

• A stealth class would be cool, but this is a very fast, mobile game, where people don’t have their backs turned for very long. Maybe silent swings, etc., so you can steak up behind engaged enemies and 1-hit them. Some kind of camo/invis option? Another thing is that there are few destructible environments in this game, so sabotage is kinda useless, especially when there are no TO maps.

Also, it seems to kinda overlap in time/place with the Samurai.

Anyway, now we’ve gotten that out of the way…

PIRATES VERSUS MOTHAF****ING NINJAS EVERYONE!

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ninja

• @ArchimedesWithASword:

so you can steak up behind engaged enemies and 1-hit them. Some kind of camo/invis option?

Noooooooooooooooo!

• @Ma:

@ArchimedesWithASword:

so you can steak up behind engaged enemies and 1-hit them. Some kind of camo/invis option?

Noooooooooooooooo!

That’s what knights with vanguard weapons are for. ;)

• I mean like the spy backstab, not the zwierhander. It would have short reach, so you couldn’t swingdrag as much with it. Also, a long cooldown. Also, you should have other weps if you wanted a different playstyle.
    I mean, what else are ninjas gonna do? Like I say, no sabatage. DW should have been an awesome chance for epic TO maps, but no. What sneaky stuff is there to do apart from backstabs?

• @ArchimedesWithASword:

Also, you should have other weps if you wanted a different playstyle.

The devs are spoiled for choice. There is a long list of weapons to choose from: kusarigama, ninjato, kama, shuriken, makibishi and many more.

As long as they don’t use Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for reference, they can’t stray too far. All I’m saying is that if I see nunchaku or sai in the list of ninja weapons in Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior, I’ll be disappointed. :P

• Oh come on, am I the only one who wants classes to be distinguished by something other than weps?
    Also, are you like the only person on these forums?

• @ArchimedesWithASword:

Oh come on, am I the only one who wants classes to be distinguished by something other than weps?
    Also, are you like the only person on these forums?

Ninja footsteps don’t make any sound and they can roll on the ground, at least that’s something unique?

• The forward roll is coll, but it is intrinsically less useful than the MAA dodge, since it’s only in one direction. And the silent footsteps: again cool, but unless supplemented with some other cool stealth-style-enabling mechanics/weps, it will be pretty useless.

• @ArchimedesWithASword:

The forward roll is coll, but it is intrinsically less useful than the MAA dodge, since it’s only in one direction.

Do you know from somewhere that they are going to implement a rolling mechanic for ninjas and that it is only going to be a forward roll? Or are we just speculating? If we are just speculating, then ninjas could roll in any direction and clear a range of distances and heights. You can theoretically do a 2 metre dive roll or roll on the same spot.

If they do end up implementing a rolling mechanic, then the only disadvantage it would create when compared to MAA’s dodge is temporary loss of vision of your enemy and possibly dizzyness for some people. :D

• Here:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/09/12/chiva … and-ninja/

“The footsteps of a ninja make no sound, and they can execute an agile forward roll”.

Maybe it’ll be faster than the maa dodge, or more sneaky, or something like that?
    And is the plural of ninja ninjae?