Pirate Rum bottle

• Are you freaking kidding me?

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/09/12/chiva … and-ninja/

The pirate can swill from a bottle of rum during a lull in battle to regain health.

At least my ship map might happen.

• Is this… for serious

• They be trollin’.

• Side effect: You’ll probably be drunk a la Tavern style

@Vesanus:

They be trollin’.

The inclusion of a pirate is an act of trolling in itself. The pirate will be the troll of the whole expansion. How do you think he will play out? He’s gonna do hit-and-run tactics with his deadly one-shot firearms and low health (I guess, since he has no armour), he’s pretty much gonna be act as a skirmisher. Furthermore he’s probably gonna look just like stereotypical pirate (since Spartans look like stereotypical Spartans with Leonidas face on, even) and say things like “YAAAAAARRR, WHERE’S DE RUM GONE MATEY?!” and then proceed to stab you in the back. So yeah, he’s pretty much a trolling class already. Drinking from a bottle of rum as his special ability won’t ruin that feel, haha xD It might actually be cool, with a health regen ability.

• This game is going to be so terrible

• @bootyhorn:

This game is going to be so terrible

At least people that played PVK II will like this (if they enjoyed it).

• @bootyhorn:

This game is going to be so terrible

I promise you, it won’t.

I hope that people will set up servers with spartan vs spartan battles, samurai vs ninja battles, viking vs viking battles or whatever. I am not so much for the pirate as he just seems like comic relief, but the other classes seems serious and unique enough. And then the modders will come along with the SDK that they promise they will release soon, and create awesome maps for spartans, samurais, vikings. People will get their sea battles they have been longing so much for with the pirates!

Since this is an expansion, so much can be used between the two. Like code and maps and stuff like that. Don’t let a single pirate discourage you from this! :D

• It’ll be a fun game.
    Anyway, is tavern an official map? I’ve only ever played it once…

• @ArchimedesWithASword:

It’ll be a fun game.
    Anyway, is tavern an official map? I’ve only ever played it once…

yes

• Srlsy?
    When was it added?
    They really need to have a TF2-style blog+patch notes site, so you know what’s going on. They havent done the Friday Update for three weeks.

• I’m actually baffled at the amount of people that think this is a bad idea. Chivalry was never a serious game. Ever. Listen to the characters’ voices and to what they say. Look at customisation options. The dialogue in the tutorial. The ability to explode heads with punching. Regenerating health when hit with enough force to remove limbs. People, please. It is a light-hearted game with a brilliant (for the most part) combat system and I think it’s great that it doesn’t take itself too seriously.

As for the pirate and the rum bottle I think it’s a brilliant quirk. It encourages a certain playstyle of the class. Get in there. Shank/shoot someone. Get out. Have a drink to celebrate. Savagebeatings is spot on with this and he understands that this, like medieval warfare is going to be a lighthearted game. I can’t wait for all the new voice command stuff. I certainly hope I can call people ‘landlubbers’ or ‘wenches’ or yell ‘blistering barnacles’.

The game is going to be good. Quit your whinging.

• @Footbeard:

I guess you like TDM mode…

• @Footbeard:

(…) this, like medieval warfare is going to be a lighthearted game.

I’ve never found burning villages, slaughtering peasants or murdering royal families light-hearted. But maybe that’s just me.

• Whether or not the pirate class is successful will boil down to how well they implement the voices. The following 3 are essential:

• YARR!!! for yes

• NARR!!! for no

• ARRR!!! for everything else.

• @gregcau:

@Footbeard:

I guess you like TDM mode…

I understand. No TO makes me unhappy too but how could they cohesively create TO with the massive differences between the classes? I would like TO but I’m not overly fussed without it.

@Ferum:

@Footbeard:

(…) this, like medieval warfare is going to be a lighthearted game.

I’ve never found burning villages, slaughtering peasants or murdering royal families light-hearted. But maybe that’s just me.

You’re right. Those things aren’t lighthearted. In my opinion though, there are more whimsical notions compared with serious ones.

• They are too lighthearted. Listen to the dialogue for peasants/royal families, etc. and tell me they aren’t funny and lighthearted. Honestly, the only thins that actually get to me in this game are some of the death-gurgles, which I remove my headphones for, just cause they bum/creep me out. People complain about violent videogames, don’t listen to them.

This is a brilliant game, a good concept, fairly well executed, apart from a few glaring issues/bugs. I am looking forward to Deadliest Warrior, although I am concerned it will split the community.

The rum-bottle is a good idea, I think it’ll be funny and cool.

• No Roman Legionary? No purchase.

Seriously, the pirate is just stupid.

• I would love the legionnaire, but it would be very similar to the Spartan, with javalins, large shield, short sword, and general geographical area. I think that the ninja and samurai overlap a ton. The Roman would be cooler than the spartan though.

• @ArchimedesWithASword:

I would love the legionnaire, but it would be very similar to the Spartan, with javalins, large shield, short sword, and general geographical area. I think that the ninja and samurai overlap a ton. The Roman would be cooler than the spartan though.

I agree and made the point of legionnaire and spartans overlapping, though I do see why some people think ninja and samurai overlap, I disagree. Their swords are, slightly similar, but their fighting styles and all other weapons are so different.

• @Footbeard:

I understand. No TO makes me unhappy too but how could they cohesively create TO with the massive differences between the classes? I would like TO but I’m not overly fussed without it.

Well nothing is realistic about DW anyway so it would be more fun to be a bunch of ninjas sneaking on to pirates ship to get below deck with objectives to scuttle it than just to have a plain map and run around with no purpose apart from fighting.