Shield blocks should work in first half of recovery?

• What do you think about it? IDK it just feels weird sometimes when I hit someone the frame after they put their shield down, but it still looks up. Shields being able to block in the first half of their recovery might help.

Also I’m not sure about whether shields should block even when they’re down or something… who knows.

• IMO block should never work out of recovery. The only time it should work differently than out of recovery is when you feint to parry or maybe one day, combo feint to parry…

• i hate parry during recovery / block during recovery, as far as animation goes, it still looks like they’re swinging hlaf the time a parry comes up, it’s ridiculous.

Maybe they should do what they did with feint, enable it later on in the recovery than at any point during recovery. ORRRR, just put cftp back ;)

• I have no idea what the logic behind cftp is. Why should comboing suddenly allow a parry?

In regards to the OP I think the idea sounds alright. The reason people used shields was because you could block and attack at the same time.

• @Dr:

I have no idea what the logic behind cftp is. Why should comboing suddenly allow a parry?

In regards to the OP I think the idea sounds alright. The reason people used shields was because you could block and attack at the same time.

same reason you can feint to parry, it’s the same concept after a combo. cancel an attack and parry, a combo is an attack also.

• @clayton-bigsby:

@Dr z0b:

I have no idea what the logic behind cftp is. Why should comboing suddenly allow a parry?

same reason you can feint to parry, it’s the same concept after a combo. cancel an attack and parry, a combo is an attack also.

But cftp allowed you to bypass normal timings.

• @Dr:

@clayton-bigsby:

@Dr z0b:

But cftp allowed you to bypass normal timings.

So does feint to parry. They’re both a combination of mechanics that were intentionally put into the game. No big deal.

Anyways, ya I think it’s a neato idea. Makes enough intuitive sense and is a good buff to shields balance-wise.