Something has to be done about this.

• Hey! I figured I should drop by for a quick edit before anyone accuses me of hypocrisy and cowardice. Since I created this thread I have taken it in my own hands to LEARN and PRACTICE these “exploits”. There’s nothing that can be done about it for the time being so why the heck not? I found out very quickly that this “glitch” or “exploit”, known as reverse overhead, is really not that hard to execute at all. Nor is it that hard to parry or block either, you just need to time it right and know what you’re doing. So that’s that. It’s a bit contradictory since I complained so much and now I’m probably using it way too much. I know, I’m sorry. But I think that’s the smartest thing to do in my position. HOWEVER, I’m still all in for some sort of cap on fov. 110 should be the max if you ask me.

I just got off the computer after spending about two hours trying to kill this asshole who kept abusing the game mechanics to no end. Eventually he stepped up and revealed his shitty secret. He said he was playing on a 140 fov. HAHAHAHA. Well, ever so reluctantly I dropped down to his level and decided to give it a go. Well, everything looked warped to hell. Like I was some kind of fish on drugs. And I know I’m right when I say this is not how the developers intended the game to be played. We’re not fucking fishes. We’re humans and there’s a reason we have a limited field of view. You can’t just adjust your fov to your liking irl either.

Now I know we can’t balance the classes but PLEASE at least give everyone the same eyes to look through. I demand a universal field of view. I don’t give a shit how big or small your monitor is, just deal with it as we have had to deal with the opposite. I can’t continue enjoying the game if I’m killed by these mutant fishmen that can see almost behind them. It really, really sucks and please don’t tell me to chill out because this is a real issue. You have no idea what hell I went through trying to kill that guy.

Now on another topic. We need to do something about the overhead glitch. I’m fine with feinting but this overhead bullshit is physically impossible to execute without breaking your spine. It’s not even “Hollywood realistic” as you like to name it. In case you don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s the thing where you turned around to face away from the enemy, crouch and SOMEHOW, impossibly hit them with an overhead.

Sorry if there are typos I wrote this on my tablet.

• That last part takes skill and luck.

They just have to remove the FOV command from the game. So the highest is 120.

• Set fov to 179.

• FOV 1000

• @Jon:

realism realism realism

vertebrates in medieval times had more flexible spines due to reduced gravity, so a move like that can very much be expected

• Mod

@Torrenz:

@Jon:

realism realism realism

vertebrates in medieval times had more flexible spines due to reduced gravity, so a move like that can very much be expected

Made my day torrenz. LOL

• @Jon:

I just got off the computer after spending about two hours trying to kill this asshole who kept abusing the game mechanics to no end. Eventually he stepped up and revealed his shitty secret. He said he was playing on a 140 fov. HAHAHAHA. Well, ever so reluctantly I dropped down to his level and decided to give it a go. Well, everything looked warped to hell. Like I was some kind of fish on drugs. And I know I’m right when I say this is not how the developers intended the game to be played. We’re not fucking fishes. We’re humans and there’s a reason we have a limited field of view. You can’t just adjust your fov to your liking irl either.

Now I know we can’t balance the classes but PLEASE at least give everyone the same eyes to look through. I demand a universal field of view. I don’t give a shit how big or small your monitor is, just deal with it as we have had to deal with the opposite. I can’t continue enjoying the game if I’m killed by these mutant fishmen that can see almost behind them. It really, really sucks and please don’t tell me to chill out because this is a real issue. You have no idea what hell I went through trying to kill that guy.

Now on another topic. We need to do something about the overhead glitch. I’m fine with feinting but this overhead bullshit is physically impossible to execute without breaking your spine. It’s not even “Hollywood realistic” as you like to name it. In case you don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s the thing where you turned around to face away from the enemy, crouch and SOMEHOW, impossibly hit them with an overhead.

Sorry if there are typos I wrote this on my tablet.

I agree with you, accept for the overhead. Impossible hit? No. Look at the animation. The windup ends BEHIND you. And if someone stands behind you, he’ll be hit by your sword as soon as the release starts.
    It can be frustrating to be killed of it, but the move is also risky. Maybe it’s not that risky with a high fov, but I, playing with fov 100, can’t see my enemy for sh!t as soon as I turn, so he could just easily get out of range and stuff. The hit is easily avoided by movement.

I was just a little surprised when a maa did that to me. I never expected that it works with onehanded weapons too O.O. But I guess that’s even more risky. You need to be damn close. And show you butt to the foot of your enemy (so seductive… I can’t resist to kick dat butt).

• Why do people keep talking about realism ?
    Since they introduced the kick shield daze,i dropped all hopes of this game being realistic,and it’s ok,it is a game after all.
    I mean if you block a 1000 pound maul with your wooden shield you lose a bit of your stamina,but if somebody kicks you,you get stunned and become unable to move for 2 seconds.
    Dat logic

• I agree with lemon, set the real cap at 120, it’s ridicolous to be able to go beyond the game cap by using a console command.

• honestly, who cares what fov somebody plays at. You call it his dirty little secret like that’s the only reason he won… It’s been discussed to death before, playing at a higher fov gives only a marginal advantage in situational awareness with the main drawback of making distances trickier to judge. Not to sound like a dick but if he killed you repeatedly, chances are he could do the same at any other setting.

Also the reverse overhead is just a clever use of game mechanics, and not at all impossible to parry.

• Some dev already said that they want to cap it and that they were not even aware that you can go further than to 120

• @afiNity:

Some dev already said that they want to cap it and that they were not even aware that you can go further than to 120

Yeah but how long ago was that? I mean in all honesty, I never saw the response.

• @quigleyer:

@afiNity:

Some dev already said that they want to cap it and that they were not even aware that you can go further than to 120

Yeah but how long ago was that? I mean in all honesty, I never saw the response.

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=14188&p=163630&hilit=fov#p163630
    To people saying console command is not working, just change your weapons once.
    And here is how much vision you can get with 3rd person and fov +140

• Lol at first I thought it was first person with the spear as your weapon. With a fov like this you can even dodge arrows from behind

• High fov doesnt make you a better player.

• Following up on rumpels picture:
    180 FOV 3rd person looking down into the ground.

• those are pretty hilarious, love that zweihander

I guess it’s not a problem unless you can toggle it very quickly, but it would make sense to restrict it to put players on more even ground

• Theres nothing “to put people on more even ground”. High fov also comes with its disadvantages. If they “fix” this its gonna be a sad day, high fov - low fov thing hasnt been a problem since quake times.

• @CRUSHED:

If they “fix” this its gonna be a sad day, high fov - low fov thing hasnt been a problem since quake times.

I hope you do not mean the picture above. Yes, ~180° is realistic but it looks stupid and how realistic is 3rd person anyways?

The main reason 120° look stupid is that the model is not done completely. Instead of lowering the cap there should be some work here. Also consider setting the default FoV to something like 110 - lots of people just play at 90 because its standard despite looking stupid and making it harder to do stuff (like parrying). The worst thing: players get used to it and start calling a higher FoV abusive.

• @Evil:

@CRUSHED:

If they “fix” this its gonna be a sad day, high fov - low fov thing hasnt been a problem since quake times.

I hope you do not mean the picture above. Yes, ~180° is realistic but it looks stupid and how realistic is 3rd person anyways?

Haha man, its impossible to play with 180° FOV so i wouldn’t even consider it a problem.

Sure you can look around corners like that, but who cares? your melee is completely screwed on 180 FoV. You cant see further then like 3 meters, and looking around walls barely gives you an advantage in Chivalry because this isn’t counterstrike, people usually cant oneshot you.

Also this is more of a problem of 3rd Person, not FOV.

• This supposed to be a First person meele game not 3rd person swinging-helicopter simulator.