Something has to be done about this.

• Why do people keep talking about realism ?
    Since they introduced the kick shield daze,i dropped all hopes of this game being realistic,and it’s ok,it is a game after all.
    I mean if you block a 1000 pound maul with your wooden shield you lose a bit of your stamina,but if somebody kicks you,you get stunned and become unable to move for 2 seconds.
    Dat logic

• I agree with lemon, set the real cap at 120, it’s ridicolous to be able to go beyond the game cap by using a console command.

• honestly, who cares what fov somebody plays at. You call it his dirty little secret like that’s the only reason he won… It’s been discussed to death before, playing at a higher fov gives only a marginal advantage in situational awareness with the main drawback of making distances trickier to judge. Not to sound like a dick but if he killed you repeatedly, chances are he could do the same at any other setting.

Also the reverse overhead is just a clever use of game mechanics, and not at all impossible to parry.

• Some dev already said that they want to cap it and that they were not even aware that you can go further than to 120

• @afiNity:

Some dev already said that they want to cap it and that they were not even aware that you can go further than to 120

Yeah but how long ago was that? I mean in all honesty, I never saw the response.

• @quigleyer:

@afiNity:

Some dev already said that they want to cap it and that they were not even aware that you can go further than to 120

Yeah but how long ago was that? I mean in all honesty, I never saw the response.

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=14188&p=163630&hilit=fov#p163630
    To people saying console command is not working, just change your weapons once.
    And here is how much vision you can get with 3rd person and fov +140

• Lol at first I thought it was first person with the spear as your weapon. With a fov like this you can even dodge arrows from behind

• High fov doesnt make you a better player.

• Following up on rumpels picture:
    180 FOV 3rd person looking down into the ground.

• those are pretty hilarious, love that zweihander

I guess it’s not a problem unless you can toggle it very quickly, but it would make sense to restrict it to put players on more even ground

• Theres nothing “to put people on more even ground”. High fov also comes with its disadvantages. If they “fix” this its gonna be a sad day, high fov - low fov thing hasnt been a problem since quake times.

• @CRUSHED:

If they “fix” this its gonna be a sad day, high fov - low fov thing hasnt been a problem since quake times.

I hope you do not mean the picture above. Yes, ~180° is realistic but it looks stupid and how realistic is 3rd person anyways?

The main reason 120° look stupid is that the model is not done completely. Instead of lowering the cap there should be some work here. Also consider setting the default FoV to something like 110 - lots of people just play at 90 because its standard despite looking stupid and making it harder to do stuff (like parrying). The worst thing: players get used to it and start calling a higher FoV abusive.

• @Evil:

@CRUSHED:

If they “fix” this its gonna be a sad day, high fov - low fov thing hasnt been a problem since quake times.

I hope you do not mean the picture above. Yes, ~180° is realistic but it looks stupid and how realistic is 3rd person anyways?

Haha man, its impossible to play with 180° FOV so i wouldn’t even consider it a problem.

Sure you can look around corners like that, but who cares? your melee is completely screwed on 180 FoV. You cant see further then like 3 meters, and looking around walls barely gives you an advantage in Chivalry because this isn’t counterstrike, people usually cant oneshot you.

Also this is more of a problem of 3rd Person, not FOV.

• This supposed to be a First person meele game not 3rd person swinging-helicopter simulator.

• @Vesanus:

This supposed to be a First person meele game not 3rd person swinging-helicopter simulator.

QFT

• @Vesanus:

This supposed to be a First person meele game not 3rd person swinging-helicopter simulator.

No it’s a 1st person taunt sim!

• i don’t care if people use 3rd person, especially with a high fov, they typically can’t parry worth a shit when it matters.

• I’ve been reading through some of these replies and I’m glad to see I don’t stand (entirely) alone in this. If they could even cap the fov at 110 or 120, that would be just fine. But these people playing on 140 and above– it’s just insane. And quite frankly, makes me pretty mad.

As for the overhead “glitch”. Well, I was really mad at the time I made this topic and even though I’ve calmed down, I still don’t approve of this technique. When I 1v1 people, I like to see a fair fight. A fight where victory depends on timing parries well, knowing when to strike, feinting effectively etc. and this overhead-whatever-the-shit is everything but that.

• Mod

one thing i wanna say, as a generally high ranked player?? I guess? Im 46 atm…
    Anyway…
    When I do come across somone who is not dragging or feinting or actually doing any quickswings by turning towards the direction ridiculously… I savor that guy and fight him for as long as I can… usually until somone butts in and kill them… even if I always let them block and block their hits…

I sort of miss that kind of unassuming unempowered fighting XD

• @Jon:

As for the overhead “glitch”. Well, I was really mad at the time I made this topic and even though I’ve calmed down, I still don’t approve of this technique. When I 1v1 people, I like to see a fair fight. A fight where victory depends on timing parries well, knowing when to strike, feinting effectively etc. and this overhead-whatever-the-shit is everything but that.

The overhead misses if you just step back when they do it. Or you could just aim your block low.
    Also think about the mechanic changes which would need to take place to remove this attack. They would either need to make it so that the weapon does no damage on early release, or so that you can’t lean back while using an overhead. It just wouldn’t work.

I personally believe that killing someone with a 180 degree strike should make you invulnerable for 3 seconds and give you a temporary speed boost.