Battlegrounds fog density

• Messing with the fog density on Battlegrounds I found that setting it to .05 kept the foggy feeling of the map but made the terrain a lot more noticeable. It’s a good looking map that the fog really obscures; can’t appreciate the detail of it with the current level of fog. It also makes identifying friends and enemies much easier as an archer or when using the catapult/ballista.

• Today I played with fog density set to 0 and with Depth of Field turned off. This made the game look much sharper and the colors more saturated and vivid. It took me a couple of minutes to get used to the new look, but now I think it’s much better than what we get with standard maxed settings. Everything is much clearer but still maintains the atmosphere and good quality.

• what is the command in console for fog density or where i find the file to edit ?

• @JollyRoger:

what is the command in console for fog density or where i find the file to edit ?

they removed the usage of it in servers, so can’t really do it anymore… making battlegrounds a FFA fest of tking,

Fog density either needs to change from the map, OR give us the command back so ranged players can actually play ranged not close range xD

• We’re not giving you back an exploit :)

• So you introduced the fog to limit the ranged classes? Couldn’t that be done by other means, like damage falloff for projectiles? I think that the game looks much clearer without the fog, definitely better for competitive matches.

• @b3h47pte:

We’re not giving you back an exploit :)

then give us a quick fix patch to the suggested fog as a temporary measure till you figure out how to make it so ranged aren’t singled out :(

Map = 100x better without the fog, even with it looking like odd lol.

Atleast try to get a temporary solution in or something before launch :(

• seems like the mob needs bread and circuses , and both are fog density :)

• agree, i don’t like the fogs levels. and I don’;t even play archers. it really decreases my fps to almost the point where it is not playable.
    and the difference from a clean map to a fog map is huge.

would really appreciate if we could remove the fog if we want.

• agree, i don’t like the fogs levels. and I don’;t even play archers. it really decreases my fps to almost the point where it is not playable.
    and the difference from a clean map to a fog map is huge.

would really appreciate if we could remove the fog if we want.

• You just necro’d a post from before launch…

• Aw yeah, pre-dev thread 8-)