No flinch?

• Just did a bit of testing with bots on training_tut and with Yarnu on the server and it seems that flinch isn’t working. Is this intended?

• Last I knew you have to hit them with a certain sweet spot (not the beginning of your swing) to get the flinch working. Intended atm but not likely to stay.

• Someone wanted to see how it would feel if the blue tracers didn’t flinch. So… how does it feel? :P

• @SlyGoat:

Someone wanted to see how it would feel if the blue tracers didn’t flinch. So… how does it feel? :P

Adds a feeling of inconsistency with the mechanic, which would have a lot of people complaining “You should have been flinched!” (this is already frequent on Live without this feature)

I feel you’re already penalized enough for hitting in the blue tracer section with the damage reduction. This removes the value in accelerating your strikes to gain initiative, making real-time strikes and all tactics concerning it less attractive as a feature.

• @Gauntlet:

@SlyGoat:

Someone wanted to see how it would feel if the blue tracers didn’t flinch. So… how does it feel? :P

Adds a feeling of inconsistency with the mechanic, which would have a lot of people complaining “You should have been flinched!” (this is already frequent on Live without this feature)

I feel you’re already penalized enough for hitting in the blue tracer section with the damage reduction. This removes the value in accelerating your strikes to gain initiative, making real-time strikes and all tactics concerning it less attractive as a feature.

This ^^ hit trading was awful with no flinch blue tracer.

• Yeah I didn’t notice a single flinch when I was playing, maybe I need to activate tracers and test it out but it felt fairly clunky.

• The no flinching thing wasn’t very enjoyable. Accelerated attacks are already lessened in their effectiveness by a damage reduction so there’s no need for further nerfs. IMHO it should be on or the other, but would need tweaking for the no-flinch to work properly anyway.

• So I presume normal tracers for flinching have been restored? It feels much better now.

• Yes this seems to be the case. Feels good.

• And since release times are so fast in DW it’s often difficult to tell if you hit someone in the blue tracer or green tracers for that flinch. I think it’s a bit better now that it was reverted.