After 1000 hours, I re-discovered this game in 3rd view

• Hey folks,

Love it or hate it, playing in 3rd view is a whole new experience.
    Not that easy to get used to but once you get it, you can’t go back.
    High fov is so weird and ugly… join me to the dark 3rd side if you’re seeking for new powers 8-)

[youtubehd:1i2wc9rc]dYUJcIGXtzs[/youtubehd:1i2wc9rc]

Hater post in 3…2…1…

• Hate.

• [youtubehd:3nabyry8]le-qGgTbguk[/youtubehd:3nabyry8]
    Reminds me of this video.

• Dude, I TOTALLY AGREE. Tons of people can deny it, but it is really fun and super awesome. Try 3rd with a controller(360 controller here) and I do pretty well. Turn that sensitivity up and it’s great, plus I’m not limited I can pull off every maneuver a K+M player could use.

Game on in 3rd!

• @Goregasm:

Dude, I TOTALLY AGREE. Tons of people can deny it, but it is really fun and super awesome. Try 3rd with a controller(360 controller here) and I do pretty well. Turn that sensitivity up and it’s great, plus I’m not limited I can pull off every maneuver a K+M player could use.

Game on in 3rd!

Good luck with that.

• This is one of the many things I just don’t get about PC gaming…

Players can alter a couple of files so that the FOV is way higher, allowing them to see all around them and that is OK but alter a couple of files to increase running speed and that’s hacking.

• I know I’ve been playing too much when I start to recognise various players and servers on that video :P

So are you now totally playing in 3rd person? - remind me if you and tasty teardrop end up on the same team playing 3rd person team to record the chat abuse from the servers :P

Lolled when Hodor Targaryen was being kickvoted

Also 1000 hours :O

• 1:36 made me laugh. Anyhow, seems it works out quite well playing in the misalligned 3rd person, I find the one straight behind you a bit better as you’re able to hit where you aim. I don’t play i third anymore though except for when I want some difference in the game. Anyhow, it’s a bit of an unfair perspective, but so is FOVs above 120 as well.

• I spent the first 550 hours I played this game solely in third person. It was a revelation when I finally got away from it. All the bullshit that I could never parry before suddenly became routine. First person is the only way to learn how to parry properly. I also never valued jump stabs, drags, and other more technical aspects of combat until I played in first person. Things that revolved around watching your weapon, and more importantly your opponents weapon, and how they interact with each other. In third person it’s easy to lose sight your opponents weapon. Both literally and figuratively. You start relying on watching the person and not their weapon. That shit gets you killed.

Cut to the present, at almost 900 hours played, and I tend to favor first person for most situations. That is not to say that third doesn’t have it’s advantages. For head to head combat though, first is the only way to play. I do fart around with third person still, perhaps more than I should.

• @Reginhard:

Players can alter a couple of files so that the FOV is way higher, allowing them to see all around them and that is OK but alter a couple of files to increase running speed and that’s hacking.

Well, two things.

For starters, everyone is able to increase their FoV. It’s under the game options that any Regular Joe can change. The same can’t be said when people decide to use a SQL injection, bot scripts, intercepting packets, abusing a pattern in a RNG, ect…

Second, it only changes the screen value, not the player/weapon value. A Vanguard with the health/armor value of a Knight and the speed of a Man at Arms is slightly more…broken than a higher FoV, right?

• I liked the video, a lot actually. Good work.
    The voices you edited in after really added to it.

• @Skreshavik:

…For starters, everyone is able to increase their FoV…

As far as I’m aware; the max is 120 and getting it to go higher involves altering files.

• @Reginhard:

@Skreshavik:

As far as I’m aware; the max is 120 and getting it to go higher involves altering files.

Hit the tidle key (~) to open the console.
    Type in

fov #
    ```where # is the FoV you want.
    Ex.

fov 150

• @MonkeyFiend:

So are you now totally playing in 3rd person?

Yes !!! it took me some time to adapt to 3rd person view…
    Not the easiest road since I played more or less 1000 hours in 1st view before testing the 3rd.
    At first, I was very frustrated… missing alot of overhead etc. I even came to the same conclusion as “Sir Franklin” that it was impossible to be as precise as in 1st view… Then after some time, I got better and better… and better… and… guess what… better… And now I can assure you that I’m almost as precise as when I was playing in 1st. But you already know how I play now since I really like those 50 players servers you have ;-)

Anyways, I really don’t think people should start this game in 3rd view. 1st view is way better to learn ofc ! And to be honnest, I don’t know how it would have been for me if I had decided to switch to 3rd view only after 500 hours… Maybe it would have been another story…

Concerning Tasty Teardrop, this guy plays with 3rd view but also very HIGH FOV (more than 120 for sure). I even tested on him a surprise attack completely from behind (180°) and he parried it. But that was before I realized that this guy and also the other famous HIGH fover “KM - Skyfall”… They both fall for EVERY SINGLE FEINT…

This is exactly how I kill them : You have to keep in mind that you will NEVER suprise them with their high FOV. They will either parry you (even if you are 180° behind him), or if you badly timed your attack, they will dodge by runing away then turn back and hit you. So what you need to do is avoid them if you are alone. You will realize that they won’t engage you first. They will approach, turn around u but if you keep an eye on them, they will always wait for you to swing first. So in that situation, you have plenty of time to go away and leave them be.
    BUT if you want to kill them, wait for them to engage another player, time a surprise attack to force them to parry and FEINT ! 100% sure, they will fall for it. I’ve done it a thousand times since I play on the same server and it worked a thousand times. After the feint, they will of course hit the run button and try to dodge the incoming attack that he can’t parry. You have to toggle run as well to be sure to follow him and land the hit. You also need to have high sensitivity because most of the time they run-dodge in your flank forcing you to make a 180°. Suppose you hit him, immediatly combo a second attack and feint again, they will both fall for it :D And that’s it, problem solved.
    Attack them without feint, ONLY if your attack is perfectly timed and you are certain he can’t parry otherwise, you are entering their game if you engage them without feint because their main tactic is based on the crounched-overhead-counterattack… so they actually both want you to attack first.

Hope it will help you ;)

• meh, good players can do all of that in 1st person, but also parry better.

To each their own… most of those cats seemed to not know how to parry your attacks.

I’m a 1st person player, and i can tell when going against a 3rd person player just by the way they move, and they’re pretty easy to kill.

again, to each their own.

• @Vintskel:

@Goregasm:

Dude, I TOTALLY AGREE. Tons of people can deny it, but it is really fun and super awesome. Try 3rd with a controller(360 controller here) and I do pretty well. Turn that sensitivity up and it’s great, plus I’m not limited I can pull off every maneuver a K+M player could use.

Game on in 3rd!

Good luck with that.

I love how clueless you really are. Good luck with that. Hah

• @Coaster_Man:

@Reginhard:

@Skreshavik:

Hit the tidle key (~) to open the console.
    Type in

fov #
    ```where # is the FoV you want.
    Ex.

fov 150

Thanks pal but I really don’t feel the need to alter the FOV beyond what the devs intended.

With….@Reginhard:

This is one of the many things I just don’t get about PC gaming…

I was simply expressing my confusion as to how and where experienced PC gamers draw the line.

• @clayton-bigsby:

meh, good players can do all of that in 1st person, but also parry better.

To each their own… most of those cats seemed to not know how to parry your attacks.

I’m a 1st person player, and i can tell when going against a 3rd person player just by the way they move, and they’re pretty easy to kill.

again, to each their own.

zzZZZZzzzz… ah euu sorry :D
    Ok so this a montage in case you didn’t noticed… Fast paced rookie kills fit better than long fights full of hesitations and parries. But don’t worry, I’ll give you some love too if I ever see you on the Battlefield :D

• Holy shit, you’re good. The enemy team must’ve been pissed. I hope I’ll be as good after 800-ish more hours. Preferably less.

• @Blackleader:

zzZZZZzzzz… ah euu sorry :D
    Ok so this a montage in case you didn’t noticed… Fast paced rookie kills fit better than long fights full of hesitations and parries. But don’t worry, I’ll give you some love too if I ever see you on the Battlefield :D

i did notice it was a montage ;)_

you will have a swift death my friend.