Thing I would like to know about Vikings

• I have a question about vikings. In the blog that everyone already saw there is a picture of a viking and it seem like they can dual wield. Since you guys already posted the picture anyways and announced the classes can you confirm this and give more info on it if it’s true? I am sure a lot of people would like to know the answer to this question.
    There was also said that they will be able to enter berserk mode, how will that work?
    I don’t bash tb as many other people do, I get that you guys have lifes and making a game is a hard work. Yet, I feel like there is a very little communication between you and the players. It would be great if you guys answered these questions.

• Well y less torn banner likes to lie to ther fans I think they can duel wield. And berserk mode will probably work by pushing a button and you get some sort of boost.

I mean its not that hard to assume things. Use that brain of yours.

This is a new unreleased game. Its perfectly acceptable for them not to tell you stuff. You haven’t paid for it yet.

Lack of communication for their first game isn’t that great.

• The dual wield, I needed confirmation on. That whole dual wield thing could be a berserk mode itself so we don’t know if it a set up you can pick any time. The berserk mode could work different ways, the button, or after taking some dmg, or after having some dmg done, so it is not that obvious how it works.
    I would not ask these questions if they did not post the picture and commented on this stuff. I don’t see what would be the problem on giving more info on something you already revealed.

• Ruins the surprise.

Show me the screenshot. I haven’t seen it. Though if there is one then its gonna be in.

Its highly unlikely that duel welding would be the berserk mode itself. It doesn’t make sense. But yes it could be after a certain amount of damage dealt as well. I would say damage taken as in this game you die pretty fast anyway.

Its like you have never followed an upcoming game before.

• @Sciffer:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/09/12/chivalry-deadliest-warrior-announces-full-class-lineup-featuring-pirates-vikings-and-ninja/

First picture.

Looks like an official picture to me. I actually saw that one. Didn’t notice he was duel welding.

• What if berserker mode is something like… the more damage you do to enemies in a short amount of time… the more… I dunno, you don’t run out of stamina? Or the more damage you take by enemies, the more damage you deal to them? Like if you are really bloodied by two opponents, your axe will split them open like a ripe melon!

About dual wielding, it’s probably some secondary weapon option… but I don’t know how he got to select that shield at the same time if that’s the case. Or how he has a third sword in his belt, which probably is bug anyways when I think about it, it’s still alpha.

• Inb4 LMB spamming vikings

• “The viking can work himself into a berserker frenzy, with his weapon combo strikes getting faster and faster the longer the combo is maintained.”

How did you miss that?

• @Totalymew:

“The viking can work himself into a berserker frenzy, with his weapon combo strikes getting faster and faster the longer the combo is maintained.”

I’m not really sure I see how that’s gonna be a practical ability- surely you can only maintain a combo for as long as you don’t get blocked (or run out of stamina). How many attacks can you really chain together before that happens?

• @AngryDave:

@Totalymew:

“The viking can work himself into a berserker frenzy, with his weapon combo strikes getting faster and faster the longer the combo is maintained.”

I’m not really sure I see how that’s gonna be a practical ability- surely you can only maintain a combo for as long as you don’t get blocked (or run out of stamina). How many attacks can you really chain together before that happens?

And maybe that’s how they’ll balance it.

• So we’ll need to learn to anticipate that their next blow will hit sooner if we want to block it. I don’t think it will be an OP mechanic, since the speed boost probably won’t make a huge difference with slow weapons, and faster weapons won’t be as damaging, but we’ll see. What I wonder is, depending on the animations, how hard will it be to parry a duel-wielding Viking?

• Hold left and right click for…

Boy would that be fun.

• Will the Viking’s taunt be a techno dance?

[youtubehd:27tz5nfs]d84z_TFkeNU[/youtubehd:27tz5nfs]

• This is the only video that truly please TECHNOVIKING!!!

FwsntHcWiy4