I thought new levels were coming?

• I purchased the game after a free weekend on the basis that there would be new levels. This game feels basically like a demo.

• Well I agree that they need new levels, but you will be able to download community made maps when the SDK goes live.

Also saying it “feels like a demo” seems a bit harsh, there are different maps for different game modes. Have you tried them all?

• yes i have. they are working on another warrior game that should have been a free expansion to the game IMO. why would they do this? the same reason why other companies offer free expansions- to continue to sell their title at full price and keep the player levels high. them selling another demoish game is only going to fracture the community. people paying for custom servers will abandon their servers ect. this happens time and time again when companies do stuff like this. also, i highly doubt that they will release any new levels for Mideval which will put a bad taste in my mouth. This is like a magnified version of the left 4 dead scandal. mideval was released less than 11 months ago. this is ridiculous. at least left 4 dead felt like a full game.

• Mod

Tbh I never bought L4D because i thought it was a boring game. And I am a zombie apocalypse fan myself.
    I also think that the amount of copies sold shows that the game is actually doing very good with it’s current business model, so I disagree with your opinion there personally.

I do agree however about the topic of this thread and I hope that the SDK comes out live very soon so we could all start playing on custom made maps- I for one am planning on making plenty of maps if I can, especially for Mana Warfare.

If the wait is killing you, play some other games, or look into editing maps?
    I have no problem with current chivalry default- despite the map selection being limited for me now- after playing this game for over 600 hours i think? Its still fun. I play it for the combat- not for exploring maps, although like i said it would be refreshing to see what people come up with.

Also I think that releasing an expansion for free would be a silly idea considering this developer supports custom content. Also because the pricing on these games is extremely low comparing to other titles on the market that are around 50-100 $ USD. And don’t forget that a-lot of people got this game for even cheaper than the original price at various discount weekends or four-packages. I have a friend who bought this game complete for around 8 USD or so they say. I bought it for i think 25 USD or so, I honestly can’t remember.

So I think people should consider what they are saying when tossing around accusations about the business decisions of a company. I already stated this in several previous posts I made on this forum that a-lot of these pointed fingers come from people with zero experience in the game developing industry, the Virtual arts industry or the general business of business. People who are only making statements based on internet scandals and no prior experience.

• @User:

No ill will or offense at you, but I’m afraid that’s the developer’s stance on things. Yeah, go play another game. If you’re tired of waiting 1 year for more than a handful of maps (.5 years for some bug fixes) then go play another game. God, you unreasonable fan-base.

Maybe I have played a bit much, but I’m so tired of the maps currently provided.

@User:

Also I think that releasing an expansion for free would be a silly idea considering this developer supports custom content.

Again, apologies to you (and no ill will/offense), but no it does not. It might one day support custom content, but we’ve been hearing that for a looooooooooooong time now. The ongoing BETA for this game supports custom content, but we’re not getting it any time soon by the looks of things. The company has already stated that they hope to release custom content but that it hopes to release patches before the custom content (SDK) goes live. Currently we’re waiting for over a month for this next patch, which puts our projected custom content patch to… November? December?

What’s the delay on this? This is the Great White Chivalry Savior. They’ve been saying this will happen for months.

Not many play the BETA, and I’m looking to play the game with people.

I suppose I will stand corrected if custom content means low gravity… and whatever happens on WARSAW’s server.

@User:

I already stated this in several previous posts I made on this forum that a-lot of these pointed fingers come from people with zero experience in the game developing industry, the Virtual arts industry or the general business of business.

Well, I’m not sure if I work in the virtual arts business or not (I’m a freelance illustrator/concept artist- http://www.ericquigley.com), but I do run my own business. Generally When I give a client a product that doesn’t work (or look) as intended and lacks reliable additional support (or, in my case, corrections/revisions) I don’t expect that client to come back. This is completely relevant to the situation at hand. You want me to buy an incoming product when the one I currently have isn’t working as intended? No offense, but I’d like to see your business model.

• the free dlc is a must when you deliver limited content. i paid 30$ if i recall correctly and it si not a well polished game. i was promised company made dlc in the past and that has yet to occur(source steam article) the reality is, if there isnt new offical content it will die. they have already caused people to get quite pissed off by the fact that they are already working on a sequel instead of supporting their already publishedgame. i realize eventually it becomes unprofitable to continue to deliver dlc, but surely within the first year of the release this would be a GOOD thing. if they charge even a penny, the chiv mw will have a fractured community more so than it already will be with the new game coming out.

• i would like a official answer from the developers on this one. this needs to be addressed officially. they went from saying new levels to “we will continue to support”. is that another way of saying? we’ve changed our minds and want to rip you off?

• Just wait for the SDK. There will be a big boom of maps.
    I will provide one aswell.

• @Vesanus:

Just wait for the SDK. There will be a big boom of maps.
    I will provide one aswell.

waitingforTBS.jpeg

• Yes, yes, new maps are coming soon !

Under a disguise of paid expansion, for us all to enjoy.

TBS seal of quality and truth.

! He,he stupid Peasants.

• @windowtothesoul:

mideval was released less than 11 months ago.

^ This is the closest you came to posting something accurate in this thread.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is less than 1 year old. In this time the developer has already released a major free content update with 2 new game modes, 5 new weapons and 13 new maps. They have also released another free update introducing various character customisation options.

In other words: relax, this game has not been abandoned by the devs or by the community.

• @windowtothesoul:

yes i have. they are working on another warrior game that should have been a free expansion to the game IMO. why would they do this? the same reason why other companies offer free expansions- to continue to sell their title at full price and keep the player levels high. them selling another demoish game is only going to fracture the community. people paying for custom servers will abandon their servers ect. this happens time and time again when companies do stuff like this. also, i highly doubt that they will release any new levels for Mideval which will put a bad taste in my mouth. This is like a magnified version of the left 4 dead scandal. mideval was released less than 11 months ago. this is ridiculous. at least left 4 dead felt like a full game.

There’s truth to what you say, but like any company that’s trying to gain traction, they need to make money in order to make more money; especially with how small TBS is at the moment. And in making more money, they can make better games/better improve their current games. TBS just isn’t that big….yet.

• Ya, they probably do need to make more money. The new game is going about it the wrong way though. Even releasing a paid expansion would work better and cause less fragmentation in the community.

@User:

Tbh I never bought L4D because i thought it was a boring game. And I am a zombie apocalypse fan myself.

While L4D might be a good comparison in regards to community’s concerns, L4D has some advantages that Chivalry doesn’t have that allow it to be successful, even though it still caused fragmentation. L4D and L4D2 both have single player for starters. As well, to play online only requires 4 players per map and if someone DCs, the cpu takes over until another player joins.

Chivalry on the other hand requires a lot more players to be on a single server and your enemies will always be players. It also doesn’t have a single player mode and playing with 4 players can get boring real fast, even playing with 8 players can get boring on TO. Aside from specific game modes that not everybody plays, the game is designed having a lot of players face off per map.

Chivalry also has a smaller playerbase than the L4D series. It means players gaming experience is more fragile, because less of a drop in playerbase is needed to make it difficult to find good game sessions.

As far as community fragmentation, well, L4D2 currently has 13 times the players in game compared to L4D. Sometimes L4D isn’t even top 100 while L4D2 is top 10. A lot of the other worries players had about L4D2 not being an expansion came true. While I would say that for most people, the community didn’t become fragmented, it is only because most moved on to L4D2. It would be like if most Chivalry players moved on to Deadliest Warrior, with Chivalry’s playerbase dropping to less than 1/10 that of Deadliest Warrior.

• They never said they were gonna make new levels. The last new levels came out in January. And they didn’t say anything more.

• Mod

@quigleyer:

@User:

No ill will or offense at you, but I’m afraid that’s the developer’s stance on things. Yeah, go play another game. If you’re tired of waiting 1 year for more than a handful of maps (.5 years for some bug fixes) then go play another game. God, you unreasonable fan-base.

Maybe I have played a bit much, but I’m so tired of the maps currently provided.

Ill remind you that some other games with even less maps. League of Legends come to mind with what I can recall as only 2-3 maps total? (could be wrong, havnt played since i tried it) and its still massively popular.

Also generally when I get tired of the same maps on chivalry, I quit the game and fire up anything from Arma3 to Minecraft. Its true there arnt many maps, but i honestly would like to see more focus towards people getting familiar with making their own maps with the SDK/UDK than complaining about how the dev owes them maps because they paid 8$.

@quigleyer:

@User:

Also I think that releasing an expansion for free would be a silly idea considering this developer supports custom content.

Again, apologies to you (and no ill will/offense), but no it does not. It might one day support custom content, but we’ve been hearing that for a looooooooooooong time now. The ongoing BETA for this game supports custom content, but we’re not getting it any time soon by the looks of things. The company has already stated that they hope to release custom content but that it hopes to release patches before the custom content (SDK) goes live. Currently we’re waiting for over a month for this next patch, which puts our projected custom content patch to… November? December?

What’s the delay on this? This is the Great White Chivalry Savior. They’ve been saying this will happen for months.

Not many play the BETA, and I’m looking to play the game with people.

I suppose I will stand corrected if custom content means low gravity… and whatever happens on WARSAW’s server.

How would releasing more content which takes months to develop for completely free, while also letting people know “hey guys you can basically use these in the SDK to make any kind of mods/maps you’d like” make any sense to you? More surprising from somebody who says they sell their digital art.
    This is what I am reffering to. People who accuse TBS of not caring or whatever other nonsense while these guys are working their butts off making this expansion work properly, and don’t forget the post-release tweaking that will be required for this. Not to mention they also have to patch the vanilla game to the whim of every major rile of players who suddenly decides that blocking early is bad, after they complained months back in the same exact way how people are dancing everywhere- its like a client would make you draw something, then tell you to redraw it in a different way entirely, and then tell you to draw it like you did the last time again, but a little different. Mostly coming from people with no experience in developing games so the best they can give them is “make this less fast” or “this needs to be longer” – can anyone tell them exactly whats wrong? Arrows going through the shield? FIX FIX! did anyone bother to look at the projectile code in chivalry… the SDK is out on beta and myself and Knil who are making Mana Warfare had gone through alot of the chiv code seeing out how it works and honestly; you could change it to whatever way you like. The SDK is there.

Ofcourse its easier to complain like my year old baby sister and ask to be spoon-fed everything- you can play custom maps right now, it works. its just not automated yet. You have to copy the file manually yourself to the right folders, and play on the beta client. Technically. Me and Knil have made a mod, it has custom content, new weapons, sounds and graphics. We can even tweak the weapons if we wanted but we don’t because this is not our point of doing it. Last I checked TBS wasn’t a AAA publisher yet, and is still an indie- also I don’t think it’s anyone business to know what goes on there if they don’t want to. The fact they keep the community updates is a bonus. There are some great games there that don’t tell you anything, and some that do- and I think that is purely the developer’s choice and the community privilege.

@quigleyer:

@User:

I already stated this in several previous posts I made on this forum that a-lot of these pointed fingers come from people with zero experience in the game developing industry, the Virtual arts industry or the general business of business.

Well, I’m not sure if I work in the virtual arts business or not (I’m a freelance illustrator/concept artist- http://www.ericquigley.com), but I do run my own business. Generally When I give a client a product that doesn’t work (or look) as intended and lacks reliable additional support (or, in my case, corrections/revisions) I don’t expect that client to come back. This is completely relevant to the situation at hand. You want me to buy an incoming product when the one I currently have isn’t working as intended? No offense, but I’d like to see your business model.

Games and multiplayer games in general are not asset products you sell- since they are dynamic and requires constant monitoring. I don’t think you can compare a model/sketch/sound effect to a complete ensemble that is a game. Alot of other games are also in this situations, some of which you are probably a fan of and play regularly too. I can give you the example of ARMA3 which which was released just last week but is still far from being a ‘finished product’ - its missing the campaign which they decided to release in parts since they couldn’t keep up with the deadline, and alot of the editor modules which create AUTOMATED AI functions do not work. And like in any other community for any other game or products (for instance the adobe photoshop which also causes alot of problems to people) there are the complainers who feel that their money justifies their demands like a magic wand, and there are people who go off, look at the code and make a fix. Then release it to the public, and then there are just some people who wait for the actual official release of fix for that specific issue. SOME OF THEM NEVER RESOLVE, ever. That is part of how it works and the way it has always been with video games. This substantially minimizes in my experience if the developer team is a major studio or publisher- but then the games also have way less ‘soul’ or ‘personal touch’ if you would.

I prefer to wait for it patiently because I know that TBS is dedicated to their title and want to expand it. If they weren’t than there would be no expansion and they would be releasing another game which was very generic. I think people continue time and time again to miss that portion and think that the devs are somewhere in the carribeans sipping from little glasses with umbrellas while laying in milk filled jacousies or something.

So yes, if you cant wait and need to kill time, do it by playing something else… there are alot of good games out there that will pass the time for you. Instead of you bitterly sit here and keep asking “Are we there yet papa smurf?” - Or you can fire up the beta editor and start looking at the code, make maps- and have your friends join you. I honestly have no clue what is burning here.

• @User:

Ill remind you that some other games with even less maps. League of Legends come to mind with what I can recall as only 2-3 maps total?

Dota 2 has 1 map and nobody is complaining. ;)

• Be carefull OP. They ban you if you say the devs did a bad job. :lolz:

• Nice try on the DotA and LoL comparisons, but no cigar there.
    You seem to conveniently forget while they only have a few maps (inherent to the game formula) they have kept releasing a ton of new heroes , abilities and items each, and will for the foreseeable future.

• “Also generally when I get tired of the same maps on chivalry, I quit the game and fire up anything from Arma3 to Minecraft. Its true there arnt many maps, but i honestly would like to see more focus towards people getting familiar with making their own maps with the SDK/UDK than complaining about how the dev owes them maps because they paid 8$.”

wow that’s unprofessional and an insult to me. I paid 23 euro.

• @User:

you could change it to whatever way you like. The SDK is there.

Obviously you are not familiar with the SDK.

It is not production ready.

And no timeline has been provided to get it production ready.