Just playing the game without getting insulted? No way!

• Another thread of me, today. Yes, I’m annoying.
    And yes this is a hate-thread.
    Hate to all those stupid insulters out there.
    Really… On any damn server I play on I can’t do anything about it. No matter what I do, everyone is insulting me, or others for killing them (even without feints, drags, whatever).
    I asked an intentional TKer to stop teamkilling me and all he did was insulting me and votekicking him resulted in insults to me from the rest of the serverguys. Seriuously, what’s up with the community?
    Is it a crime now to kick a massive insulter+intentionall tker?
    Is it a crime to kill your enemies? Is it a crime to not play like a lvl 0 on lvl 33??
    Really… I think something should be done about that massive insulting.
    And guys, believe me, I know the difference between serious insults and joke-insults.
    I can laugh at myself if a friend insults me when I kill him. I know it’s not serious.
    But why can’t 90% of the players just SHUT UP and take their death?
    My game experience is breaking more and more.
    On the other side it’s fun to make people like that ragequit, yes that’s true, but that’s not happening all the time.
    The only thing I know I can do about it is play with my friends. But guess what: They don’t always have time. And they don’t always want to play the same gamemode like me.
    Disabling the chat will just result in votekicks and not seeing what my team writes (tactics for example).

Seriously… The players are stealing my enjoyment of the game.
    All those massive insulters and intentional tkers should be banned from the whole game at once. Without refund.
    And yes, I’m mad, don’t even ask!

• Why can’t just players get along and stop “raeg” and insults…

• Yeah man…whenever I try to kick a tk’r I just get told to stop complaining and then I GET KICKED. Meanwhile I’m at the top of the leaderboard for a team.

Sometimes some random dude will start calling me out for no reason attempting to offend me (usually if I am doing well) and tk’ing me. Somehow everyone joins this guy and just kicks me.

It really sucks. It happens often. Idk why.

• Although I sound like a broken record, I just can’t say it enough: Find decent well adminned servers and favourite them. Server with visible (or incognito admins) are considerably better places to be around as not only do tk’ers get kicked but good players of a similar mindset to you bookmark them too.

You’ll never get rid of ragey kids and trolls in online gaming, but you can at least mitigate some of the vitriol :P

• Solution: Start your own server and get some good admins (friends).

• @Vesanus:

Solution: Start your own server and get some good admins (friends).

A dream that will never come true. At least not in the next 10 years. I don’t earn enough money for that.

• The unfortunate part is that when a grow of “immature” individuals get together, they abuse the vote system.

The best thing to deal with anyone that rubs you off the wrong way is to just ignore them. Think about it logically. You’re playing a game online, with people that have absolutely NO effect on your life, so why give them the time of day by getting upset or responding to whatever nonsense they are trying to send your way?

Instead, just ignore them, play the game and the best way to get at those kinds of players is to play better than them. Find them on the battlefield if you have to and just take em out. Get the satisfaction from knowing you’re getting them in game rather than in chat.

If it becomes a severe case where the whole server seems to be filled with people like that then I suggest playing on a different server. As someone has mentioned before, find a server with some good people and favourite it. People don’t realize that just because there are a few bad apples doesn’t mean that the whole community is like that. Throughout my time, I’d say that I found a lot more good people than not, it’s all about just sticking with them if possible.

I hope that you’re able to continue to enjoy the game. Don’t let the naysayers bring you down because at the end of the day, you can just get up from the computer and walk away cutting the connection. :)

• man i understand what you say but you have to detach from others opinion,imagine going around with ‘‘archer’’ on the name how many insult i get,Hatred is just an outlet for powerlessness.So stay positive and look at the bright side

• @Keith:

The unfortunate part is that when a grow of “immature” individuals get together, they abuse the vote system.

The best thing to deal with anyone that rubs you off the wrong way is to just ignore them. Think about it logically. You’re playing a game online, with people that have absolutely NO effect on your life, so why give them the time of day by getting upset or responding to whatever nonsense they are trying to send your way?

Instead, just ignore them, play the game and the best way to get at those kinds of players is to play better than them. Find them on the battlefield if you have to and just take em out. Get the satisfaction from knowing you’re getting them in game rather than in chat.

If it becomes a severe case where the whole server seems to be filled with people like that then I suggest playing on a different server. As someone has mentioned before, find a server with some good people and favourite it. People don’t realize that just because there are a few bad apples doesn’t mean that the whole community is like that. Throughout my time, I’d say that I found a lot more good people than not, it’s all about just sticking with them if possible.

I hope that you’re able to continue to enjoy the game. Don’t let the naysayers bring you down because at the end of the day, you can just get up from the computer and walk away cutting the connection. :)

Well spoken!

• Peter, show me who did this to you! :o

• just turn your chat off bro.

Oh, and there is no such thing as an admin’ed server lol… if you’re playing in a team game or something, there’s NEVER an admin on… never.

i rarely get kicked, but i did the other day, probably only been kicked from a few servers in my chiv career. Most of the time i get kicked because someone thinks i’m hacking or i kill too many people i guess… it’s happened to friends of mine too.

This time however, some idiot wants to shoot arrows at me as i’m runnniing out of our spawn, so i TK him. Then he does it again, so i TK him again. Then he switches to vanguard, attacks me with a fork, i kill him about 3 more times. He then votekicks me… i have about 24% team damage at this point (yep this is after killing him like 6 times i still only have 24% team damage)

i get votekicked out.

I find another server within 5 seconds and am playing again. whoopdeedoo.

Some people just have nothing better to do, and no friends.

• @Peter:

I asked an intentional TKer to stop teamkilling me and all he did was insulting me and votekicking him resulted in insults to me from the rest of the serverguys.

This is unfortunate.

@Peter:

And yes this is a hate-thread.
    Hate to all those stupid insulters out there.

This is ironic.

• Agreed. I have been kicked a total of one time, for killing a team mate with the catapult. This was after I was told I suck, quit playing, blah blah blah. You’ve all heard it all before. Man, if I cried every time I was TKed accidentally I’d be able to fill a swimming pool. It’s the nature of the game. Mistakes happen.

It’s just sad how butt hurt some people get when they die. I’ve seen idiots kick people for no reason whatsoever and it’s as if people are like bugs to a light and automatically click yes even if they don’t even know why the person is up for a votekick. I’m all for kicking people who are either verbally abusive or distracting for a number of other reasons, but people who are kicked for “cheating” or for looking at someone funny is just way too rampant.

All in all, just wish people would play to have a good time and not take it so seriously. I know I play to have fun. This is not my job. I want to kick back with my friends (usually running with 4-5 any given night) and chop some people up when I’m not getting slaughtered, hehe.

Anyways, if anyone is looking to play with some decent people feel free to add me on Steam. My friends and I play a good four to five nights a week. Buddy of mine puts his own server up sometimes just to have a good time and not deal with the asshattery that is seen too often.

• Mod

@clayton-bigsby:

Oh, and there is no such thing as an admin’ed server lol… if you’re playing in a team game or something, there’s NEVER an admin on… never.

I’d say I’ve seen you more than 3 times on servers complaining about the lags Clayton :P So I wont say there arn’t any admins on. At least the official servers are more monitored… AND…

@Peter:

Is it a crime now to kick a massive insulter+intentionall tker?
    Is it a crime to kill your enemies? Is it a crime to not play like a lvl 0 on lvl 33??

Again, if you are being insulted alot through general game and there is no admin on as well you requested they stop insulting you feel free to contact me, really. - I have the time, and I take a look through the servers semi-regularly and daily.
    With the updated regulations on official servers I will be tending to the random insults and bad mouthing going on the servers. I do agree with you completely, this is a game, and we should be able to play it without having to deal with random insults from over-serious players.

Cheers.
    PS. your golden helmet makes you look smashing, Clayton :3

• Lol, I called you a FEINT NOOB in a game, I remember that, but i was OVERLY sarcastic about it. sorry if I hurt your feelings though, I was just trolling.

• @User:

@clayton-bigsby:

I’d say I’ve seen you more than 3 times on servers complaining about the lags Clayton :P So I wont say there arn’t any admins on. At least the official servers are more monitored… AND…

well, maybe you were there but what are you going to do about lag? all the servers lag now and it causes wonky animations, missed strikes, missed parries, teleporting characters… a whole bunch of shit.

I can hardly stand to play the game due to lag but that’s not necessarily your fault. I’m just saying that most servers rarely have admins on… and if they do now that’s a recent change. But what are admins going to do, not only lag but people complain about everything in the game, so it’s not like you’re just going to start kick/banning people. Hackers are rare… and trolls don’t become a problem too often so just having an admin there doesn’t really do much about lag… it’s the servers

• In respect of server lag, there is a patch currently in beta to fix some of the more annoying bugs but realistically the improvements in netcode for DW will also translate to the core chivalry engine. Which can only be a good thing :)

In respect of admin activity, obviously there aren’t admins in every server all the time, but there is now a greater admin presence than there used to be and admins have a higher availability so that if someone reports an issue (that breaks the official server rules) it’s much more likely one will be able to get on to deal with it.

• @frontliner2:

Lol, I called you a FEINT NOOB in a game, I remember that, but i was OVERLY sarcastic about it. sorry if I hurt your feelings though, I was just trolling.

Who said, that I was talking about you?
    Calling me a feint noob isn’t an insult to me. It’s just a sign that you deny to learn how to deal with them.
    And I have to admit I didn’t notice your sarcasm. Problem is, letters alone don’t tell you how your conversation-partner means it.

I’m talking about massive insulters. Idiots that throw around words I won’t mention here. I guess it’d result in a warning or a ban.

@clayton-bigsby:

just turn your chat off bro.

This results in even more votekicks. Accidential TK=> guy listens to music so he doesn’t hear your “sorry”-voicecommand=> votekicks you=> nearly everyone votes yes because you were so silent and never wrote a “sry” in the chat.

• I’m right with ya OP. I used to let other players ruin my gaming experience all the time. I used to get into arguments thinking it would make a difference. I finally just got tired of allowing other people to shit all over my good time. If you just can’t find a different server or get involved with a better crowd, Here’s what I do to combat the surge of emotion players like to throw at you:

Emotionally distance yourself from people who are acting that way, and don’t react. I still get frustrated at times, but I’ve found that simply not reacting right away helps me think for a moment, and that’s all the time I need to realize “Okay this guy is just saying these things because he’s a sore loser, or he’s just bored and can only entertain himself by making someone else miserable, or maybe someone else was treating him the same way and this is the only way he knows how to deal with it” Or countless other reasons. Just anything to keep you thinking rationally and not emotionally.

Step up and take the blame, even when it’s not your fault. I know how this sounds, but it works. It’s mostly applicable as a defusing mechanism when you TK or simply have a miscommunication with someone. I can’t count how many fights I avoided by simply saying something to the effect of “You’re right man, my mistake.” It’s hard to do if you let your pride get in the way, but that’s the key. You can count on everyone else ego trippin, which means they won’t let up, which means if you continue it could easily spiral out of control. Let them think they’ve won and you save yourself a lot of mindless insult spewing. I’ll also add that this is best to use when the “don’t react” technique isn’t best serving you at the moment.

The more passive you can be, the better off you’ll be at avoiding the situation in the first place, and thus avoiding getting yourself all worked up. At the end of the day, it is just a video game.

• What a well thought out and constructive answer. Thanks lejosh. The 3rd paragraph is tough to swallow, but I’ll definitely try it your way next time I’m in this situation.