Admin kick

• How in the heck do i kick someone from my server? I bring up the scoreboard and enable the mouse, then I click admin kick. It just starts a vote instead of actually kicking the player.

• @Mephistopheles:

How in the heck do i kick someone from my server? I bring up the scoreboard and enable the mouse, then I clock admin kick but it just starts a vote instead of actually kicking the player. PLEASE HELP!!!

I there, are you logged in as admin first? I would assume so if it’s showing the admin commands, but usually the vote shows up when you aren’t logged in. Remember you need to login after each map change.

If it’s not working via the scoreboard, try doing it through console to see if it works:

adminlogin yourpassword
    adminkick nameofperson (You can also just type adminkick to get a list of names on your server)
    confirmkick # reason (example: confirmkick 0 afk more than 10 minutes)

The 0 represents the number of that person. If you just do adminkick it will show a list from 0-24 or however many are on your server. Just match the number with the person.

• The patch made it kinda a pain.

From the scoreboard, initiate the kick, then TAB out of the scoreboard, the go into the console (tilde ~). You should see in the text above the console prompt something like:
    0 BadTKer1

That corresponds to the person you highlighted in the console. To kick them, just type:

confirmkick 0 reason - where reason=reason why they are kicked.

If you want to do it all in the console just put this before the confirmkick:
    adminkick playername

Personally I use the scoreboard method, then confirmkick from the console, because I want to scan the scores from time to time for obvious TK. If for example I see someone has -30 and it’s a quarter of the way through the match, then they’re booted.

Plus you don’t have to remember the name if you use the scoreboard, and you can still boot people with jacked up characters in their names, because the confirmkick command just wants a number and a reason.

• The confirmkick option for the scoreboard has been removed, so it’s easier.

• I can´t kick anyone on my server … I´m logged in as an administrator but I can´t kick anyone with the confirm option or with the command : Adminkick PlayerXYXY

My console is now just a single line on the bottom of my screen.
    A several weeks ago there was a big console. With this console I kicked players with the “confirmlist”.
    But now nothing works :(

Greetings.
    -Haed

• When you login as admin do you get the “Haed has logged in as an administrator” message in the chat? If not them somethings gone wrong with logging in as admin (if not logged in as admin, it’ll do a votekick from the scoreboard, not an adminkick)

• Yes there is a message “Haed has logged in as an administrator”
    I can also force players to change teams. I can restart maps, too.

Greetings.
    -Haed

• The option was changed a little bit last patch. So instead of confirm 0, it’s now confirmkick 0 REASON and confirmkickban 0 3000 (the 0 being the person, the 3000 being the length of ban - can be changed to whatever).

If you do it via the scoreboard, you still have to confirm in console until the next patch is released (then you won’t need to confirm if you kick via the scoreboard)