The Shaft

• Congratulations to whoever made the ‘shaft’ duel map. (The one with the elevator).

You have successfully made an awesome troll map.

Everyone always seems to be lead like sheep to the slaughter to voting yes when I do: votechangemap aocduel-shaft_p …

Nobody expects what torment awaits them when the vote finishes.

[subscript:1fbic5na](PS. this isn’t really a congratulatory thread, whoever made the shaft duel map deserves to be fired.)[/subscript:1fbic5na]

• I genuinly like the map actually. Love to run up and down chasing arcers or trolling MAA’s, it’s a really funny map for chasing trolls :D

• You got smooshed by the elevator didn’t you :D

• For example archers hiding on the top

• i just leave the server if that map comes up, i think it’s horrible…

i think originally it was a cool idea, but it’s just a terrible map for the most part, not much room to fight in, constantly have people just running away from you extending the time you’re stuck in a duel with them when you could be killing your way to the top.

I just leave.

• @clayton-bigsby:

… constantly have people just running away from you…

You are right - that is annoying when it happens. And I’m not a fan of archers in that space either (but then again - I don’t like them in duels period).

But I have to say that this is without a doubt my favourite duel map. 8-)

I know this is by no means a high priority for TBS at the moment, but I think some kind of an elevator related achievement is in order.

• maybe if all the achievements worked first lol

• no one has even mentioned fighting on the elevator itself, swing while it’s going down and you’re flying upward. Glitch through the floors when it’s moving downward.

It really is the worst map of all the duel maps (which are all shitty)

• Its the best duel map, hilarious when your opponent either falls down and dies or gets squashed. People running away from you shouldnt give you many problems as there is only two ways to move about, the stairway or the elevator and generally the elevator will cause them fall damage.

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

It really is the worst map of all the duel maps (which are all shitty)

I disagree. They offer great variety, both in terms of layouts and visuals.

• @parkrangerstan:

You got smooshed by the elevator didn’t you :D

It was pretty funny the first time you get smooshed.

I don’t love chasing archers around for the entire duel though.

• shaft is awful and will be awful forever

• Shaft is actually really good for archer duels.

• @PandaChef:

…hilarious when your opponent either falls down and dies…

You mean when they glitch through the bottom of the elevator :)? I used to duel guys on there knowing we were gonna fall through the bottom at some point, adds a bit of unintended flavor. It’s more dangerous than dueling between the buzz saws on the mill/dock/whatever level, mostly because you just fall through randomly. And often.

The real trick is to get someone’s life low enough that when they fall through they’ll die, and then just waiting it out, all the while trying to maintain your health so you won’t lose… when you glitch through the floor.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Shaft is actually really good for archer duels.

Go away, no one wants archers in duels

• I love The Shaft for laughs, but then again, I don’t really play vanguard. Must be suuuper frustrating for vanguards. Even as knight, I don’t really take that map too seriously.

• @afiNity:

For example archers hiding on the top

clears throat, looks away, fidgets with heavy crossbow

• I kicked someone under the elevator today. That was a great feeling.