How to run a Server: LAN

• This is only for people who want to run the server on a LAN.
    Note this is not suitable for running a server on a dedicated file (although technically possible).

Manual is attached.

• there we have our dedicated server files :o.

• These aren’t dedicated server files. You’d have to manually copy over 2GB+ of stuff to get this onto a server. The dedicated server files are only around 200MB or so.

• @b3h47pte:

These aren’t dedicated server files. You’d have to manually copy over 2GB+ of stuff to get this onto a server. The dedicated server files are only around 200MB or so.

interesting. but its working :D… cant wait for the actual server files to be released on 17th ( :PPP) of october :PP

• I’m having a hard time trying to get this to work. I add server MAP_NAME?dedicated=true to the end, but it keeps giving me an error message. Am I supposed to actually put a map name in? I tried that too, but it also didn’t work.

The message keeps saying:

The name ‘"D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe"server’ specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the file name and location is correct.

• Put a space between the quotes and server

• Dude, how did you know that would fix it? It’s like you helped design the game or something! ;)

• thanks good work.

• @NORDAViND:

@tonicer:

awesome thank you very much. i hope this game gets very successful it deserves it if you keep being awesome developers. :)

just give them normal feedback like “thanks good work!”

BY THE GODS!! … i dont get this

germans … always so angry … please don’t hurt me with your lederhosen. ;D

• Anyway that I can play lan with my roomate with just one copy of the game. I’m trying to get him into the game.

• Well hot damn it actually worked! Got our server up after all. :-) Hope the actual server files run better. This thing is using 600 megs of RAM, that’s a bit heavy.

At any rate, one more team objective server for the mix. 8-)

If they dont use up so much memory for the real dedi files, i will have up a couple more on release day.

• The real one uses < 300MB.

• I was wondering how to change the server name?

• Well I have no idea how to make it run, I mean, I run UDK.exe exactly as the .pdf says.
    Then, I get a CMD console opened, after that, I don’t know how to “join” the server or how to tell my friends to join it D:
    If someone could explain it step by step it would be very helpful!

• Yes, how do you join the server?

• If you’re on the same network, you can have your friend join your computer using the console (tilde key or scroll lock) and type
    open IP_ADDR_HERE
    you can join yourself with open 127.0.0.1

• I did exactly what the PDF said and got the Server running and could connect through the console with “open IP ADRESS”

so far, so good

I’m now connected to the Server but i can’t spawn / join the Game?! All i have is the free-cam and once i press Mousebutton 1 the Cam locks down and i can only view around me. I know something is wrong, but what?!

Edit: fixed it, works

• I’m having some problems getting this to work. I downloaded the 2gb udk file, and made a shortcut to the 42mb UDK file in my chivalrymedievalwarfare/binaries/win32 folder. However after that when i change the target to what they tell me to it just lags on the loading screen and gives me a popup that says “The map specified on the commandline C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwafare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe.config” could not be found. Would you like to load the default map instead?
    And if I wait a while with the default map it just takes me to the title screen.

I may be putting the target wrong, I’ve tried
    “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe.config” server AOCLTS-Arena3_pdedicated=true
    “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe.config” server AOCLTS-Arena3_p?dedicated=true
    and
    “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe.config” server MAP_NAME?dedicated=true

But it doesn’t work.
    Please help :(

Not sure if this is important, but I have to choose what program my UDK.exe shortcut will run with, and I choose UDK.

• Anyone know how to add bots? :D

• Hey Aelius do you have any idea how I can fix my problem?