Your spam protection gives out personal information

• Ok, so i tried to quote someone in a post, it told me that they were spamming or w/e and possibly blocked from posting. But it also gives their personal email address… I guess since i quoted them it thought i was them.

this isn’t cool. at least it wouldn’t be if it was MY email address.

• Same thing happened to me earlier today. Please look into it.

• Mod

Thanks for reporting this guys. I’ll let the right people know about it.

dials 1500-kimiko

EDIT:
    I just noticed this happens if you directly quote someone’s post who happens to be flagged as spammer.
    You can otherwise just post a reply on the thread itself rather than quote that person.

• yeah you can do that, but if you don’t know them to be a spammer and that message comes up just because you quoted someone, who happens to be an OP on a post and you’re responding to something specific they said, then you can get this message.

• So spambots are at risk here? I am heartbroken.

• @dudeface:

So spambots are at risk here? I am heartbroken.

idk, you’re reading something incorrectly, there are people on this forum getting flagged as spammers… maybe they just like to post a lot like you… and they get flagged. Then if you try to quote these people unknowing that they are flagged for spam, you can get a message stating that they are banned/flagged… and then it gives their personal email for their account as well as their IP address.

so your sarcasm aside, you don’t quite understand what the situation is and yes, it can be a problem. I would not post about a spambots email… wtf would be the point of that, it’s supposed to give you somewhere to respond to.

• @clayton-bigsby:

yeah you can do that, but if you don’t know them to be a spammer and that message comes up just because you quoted someone, who happens to be an OP on a post and you’re responding to something specific they said, then you can get this message.

Hi,

Can you PM me the account names of any of these that have appeared?

Trying to figure out why some people have been marked as spammers

thanks

MonkeyFiend

• @clayton-bigsby:

maybe they just like to post a lot like you… and they get flagged.

Ok well NOW you have my full attention… :?

• @dudeface:

So spambots are at risk here? I am heartbroken.

I was banned for three days or so

• I think we can all agree that the new mods are at fault here. Let us shower them with hate and vitriol.

• @dudeface:

I think we can all agree that the new mods are at fault here. Let us shower them with hate and vitriol.

And dung

• So another reason to hate the new craptastic forums? Sounds good to me!

• Mod

Don’t forget that mods feed on your tears and hate.
    That gives us powers. :)

• I’m looking into this! Thanks for the heads up.

We’ve had a lot of issues with spambots, but i made it so they were eventually hidden to you guys, but still showed up for mods/admins. And it was a pain in the butt to deal with so I added in this new mod, which worked great, but then a couple users were flagged as spammer and were blocked, so I had to fix that and now we’re at this point. So I’m trying to see if I can get that removed or fixed somehow so that doesn’t pop up.