Why is Chivalry+ Dead?

• Hey, a few days ago I saw Chivalry+ and was really excited for it. I immediately downloaded it and hopped on. But I was very sad to see that #1: There were only 5 or so servers. #2: All of them were completely empty every time I checked. And #3: Not a single on was in NA. Why did Chivalry+ die? I thought it was really hyped and a lot of the competitive community were excited for it. Also why are there no NA servers for it?

• @Flippy:

Hey, a few days ago I saw Chivalry+ and was really excited for it. I immediately downloaded it and hopped on. But I was very sad to see that #1: There were only 5 or so servers. #2: All of them were completely empty every time I checked. And #3: Not a single on was in NA. Why did Chivalry+ die? I thought it was really hyped and a lot of the competitive community were excited for it. Also why are there no NA servers for it?

Okay I just looked again and I see 2-3 NA servers now, but it looks like all of them are east coast. :(. No love for the west? Oh and they’re all still empty.

• Not many people play on the beta. Some day, when we are old and fat, the SDK will release and you will be able to seamlessly download the mod when you connect to a nicely populated server in the regular game.

• Beta, Custom installer

Pretty much most people wait for the sdk to go live with steam workshop / autodownload

• Hi,

The main reason is that at the moment you’re required to download the beta client and go through a bit of effort to install the mod. Hopefully we’ll get some activity when it’s not so much extra hassle to install and play and you can see populated Chiv+ servers alongside regular servers.

• This is problem not just for Chivalry+ but for any custom content as Nabster says. It’s rather hard to maintain a player-base on a beta version of the game that most people don’t have downloaded.

• @Knil:

This is problem not just for Chivalry+ but for any custom content as Nabster says. It’s rather hard to maintain a player-base on a beta version of the game that most people don’t have downloaded.

Maybe one Friday we will get an update on SDK progress.

• @gregcau:

@Knil:

This is problem not just for Chivalry+ but for any custom content as Nabster says. It’s rather hard to maintain a player-base on a beta version of the game that most people don’t have downloaded.

Maybe one Friday we will get an update on SDK progress.

I think Friday updates are only concerning CDW currently.

• I feel like the SDK and Steam workshop will never come since the devs are so concerned with their new expansion. That kinda makes me upset, Id like to see the first game finished off before then move onto somthing else