Battle cries!

• Thought this topic was very much needed :)

Here we can discuss and suggest what kind of taunts we want to hear when we press ‘C’, as well as what animations we would like. Personally, I don’t have any ideas for the taunts but I do for the animations (some of which are already set and finished)

Anyways, for my favorite class, the Viking! When wielding the two-handed axe, what do you think about flailing it around in a kind of warm-up motion, which vikings did before battle (as well as to look intimidating.) At least that’s what I’ve seen people do with dane axes in reenactment. Here are two examples:

At 3:00 in this video

7pZc-iXbucM

And right at the start and throughout this video

yaG_OO1RYE8

When we come to the “shield + one-hander”-animation, I would personally prefer if we could still walk while bashing the shield, to get that intimidating advancing army feeling. But I know it won’t happen if only the viking gets that. It would just be cooler, all I’m saying :)

Now, the Ninja!
    Since he’s a really silent fella, I don’t know if he really should make that much noise. I don’t know what plans you have for him, like if he’s constantly gonna speak in a low voice or something. Anyways, his battle cry could just be something like playing around doing tricks with his weapon, and without using the Samurais unique battle cry animation. I am thinking he can finish his stance in some kind of crouch, with the weapon at the ready for a stab while holding his left palm facing the enemy. You know, the typical ninja “ready to fight” pose. Should he be quiet while doing this? Should he utter something? Scream? I think he should just utter one word at the most.

• BLAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRG

• @lemonater47:

BLAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRG

Obviously they are gonna make the viking a raiding, pillaging, raping stereotpe so of course his vocabulary will be limited to BLAAAAAAAAARG!

• My idea for the Ninja’s charging battlecry was for him to go “Shhhh!” :P

• @SlyGoat:

My idea for the Ninja’s charging battlecry was for him to go “Shhhh!” :P

That’s beautiful. Can he lean forward and put a finger to lips? Also for the duration of the taunt could he reverse the grip on his sword?

• @Footbeard:

@SlyGoat:

My idea for the Ninja’s charging battlecry was for him to go “Shhhh!” :P

That’s beautiful. Can he lean forward and put a finger to lips? Also for the duration of the taunt could he reverse the grip on his sword?

Putting a finger to his lips and going “shhh” would make an awesome taunt!
    But I kinda feel like a charging battlecry should be an actually battlecry regardless of how ninja the class is.

Maybe something like…
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hiya
    ^Definition # 2