[Suggestion] Revert forums

• The first time a suggestion like this was mentioned, Kimiko shot it down, although in her defense it was before we gave it any time to play out. Well it’s been a few weeks now and we have an idea how the new forum organization is playing out. I think it’s become quite clear forum use in the general forum has slowed down to less than either general or suggestions were individually before the merger.

The suggestion is to revert the structure of the forums to what they were before the merger.

• I’d like that.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I’d like that.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I’d like that.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I’d like that.

mainstream.

• @Xylvion:

@rumpelstiltskin:

I’d like that.

mainstream.

I’d like that. Nevertheless.

• The new features (home button at the top with a drop down list to jump to ANY section in the forum) and such are amazing. I honestly don’t really mind the orange and black design now that it’s grown on me.

The only real problem is the layout, for me. Who the fuck gets rid of their suggestions board? Just re-add that and we’re good. Mkay?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I’d like that.

• inbeforebutthurtthreadlock

• I agree.

You can totally get used to the colours and layout, but getting rid of the Ideas and Suggestions subforum…? That was a bad move, even if people are still allowed to post ideas, and do so in this forum, it doesn’t encourage people to post ideas like a dedicated forum does. Now when people have ideas, they come to this forum and is like “where is the appropriate place to post this?” and they can’t find an Idea forum, so they go to General Discussion (hopefully.)

When they get here, they see all sorts of things but not really any suggestions. They see people complaining about patches not coming, expansion pack not being free, server browser being fucked and other bugs, people who are hackers or impolite assfucks on the servers and all these topics about how the Suggestions forum should come back. This would confuse me if I didn’t see the change happen before me. But for a new user, it would. And the only suggestions and ideas we really see now is like “The MaA sucks, remove him” or “Torn Banner should release new free content for C:MW”

• I agree. I really don’t like websites with a banner/menu layout that eats up the entire top half of the screen (especially not in the forum section). I know Wordpress is all about that kind of design, but I don’t like it. Not a fan of these colors either. More themes or a cleaner default theme would be appreciated.

Also, clicking “Games > Chivalry” takes you to the old website http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/. Should probably fix that at some point…

• I agree with what some of you are saying. That is, the design of the forums aren’t a problem. Personally I like the home button, but the old structure of the forums was much better.

I still check and post on forums, but they’ve become less active and more boring. Personally I always noticed that people were usually more constructive in suggestions forums. Some of the usual d-bags in general gave constructive criticism in suggestions. Of course when they only have one option, they default to d-bag.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I’d like that.

• Definitely, this layout is pretty shitty. Much to the theme of TBS these days.

• The problem about the new forums are neither the colour, nor the new lay-out. It’s simply the fact, that you removed sub-boards and merged them/bundled them together. I have to say that I really liked the forum before, because it had a nice structure. You had a lot of sub-boards, most of them were active and you’d never lose the overview. Now you got an IMMENSE sub-board for the whole of “General Chivalry”, with about 8100 threads in it. Why?

Please go back to as it was before, keep the new design (which I personally like a lot, btw) and the new drop-down menu’s, but re-structure the whole thing for the sake of a better overview.

• The only active one that got removed was the suggestions.

and FFS the support board is all the way at the bottom… wtf, now that’s going to be the most inactive part of the entire forum and nobody will submit bugs.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I’d like that.

• I think it’s that time again, to revert the forums.

Once again checking out the Chiv forums and they unsurprisingly look more pathetic than the last time.

• I don’t really care. Sure, I guess.