Thoughts and bugs.

• In addition to some of the already noted bugs such as low fps on the norse map, i’ve noticed a few more. While I was initially skeptical of deadliest warrior, it seems to be a lot of fun fast paced action. Then again, being a SoW knight who practically only ripostes, I may be biased due to my affinity for fast paced attacks. As for bugs, the pirate class is able to retrieve their projectiles fired from their guns. Is this intended? Another problem ive noticed with pirates is displaying the wrong color until they die (it then changes to what it should be). I believe ive played on the red team, killed a pirate dressed in red who was playing for the blue team. As soon as I pulled my sword from his lifeless body and he dropped to the ground, his color scheme changed from red to blue. This color issue is not limited to red and blue, I have noticed other pirates with colors that change when they die. Another small issue ive noticed is with the ninja. If you do a ninja roll (at least with the ninja sword) the animations for the sword changing positions while walking and running disappear. This causes the sword to stay in a perfectly straight position while moving. Im sure ive forgotten a few, but those are some of the issues of noticed :) Keep in mind, all of that was from gameplay against bots, the color issue may not appear when fighting real players. Excited for one of the test days so I can how this game really goes!

• Have noticed the pirates in the tutorial also start one 1 colour then change to white when you kill them

• Can confirm pirates are shapeshifters.

• I think its an obvious bug that even torn banner knows about.

• On the options menu only half the word Chivalry is visible. I also find that theres something off about the combat. Some weapons seem to be somewhat spam to win. As far as the blue tracer = no flinch idea goes I do agree with it, however I feel it should be reduced. Same thing with the damage variations, I agree with it but it does need to be less extreme perhaps, something needs to change.

I think I need to play a bit more before I decide if I like or dislike the increased speed compared to Chivalry. Some weapons do definitely need to be rebalanced such as the viking hammer.

Overall it’s promising, the black eggs work well with the fact that they only stun those in the initial blast radius and then just acts as a smoke screen, those were really well done. Pirate voice acting is great. Each class does feel fairly unique, some more than others. I think that the Samurai needs to have something a bit more special, I found myself choosing knight over samurai when I was going for a heavier melee class. Viking shield toss is a nice feature, I think it might be nice if the viking can toss all his weapons though, make him a little more unique that way. Toss a hammer at one guy, sword at the other, shield at a 3rd then run with fists out. Oh yeah, when you use fists your camera moves to being inside your knee for some reason.

• Bug atm is that when a Ninja dies they appear about a foot above the ground while playing their dying animation. Is this happening for anyone else?

• @Footbeard:

Bug atm is that when a Ninja dies they appear about a foot above the ground while playing their dying animation. Is this happening for anyone else?

I think its because they are shorter than everyone else by a lot.

But sometimes they go flying when they die.

• Overall running pretty smooth, these are the bugs that really stood out to me:
    -One time my camera was locked and I couldn’t turn or anything. I can’t seem to replicate it.
    -Pirate and ninja cameras seem awefully wobbly and shaky
    -Arms/weapon graphics in first person sometimes feel too small
    -In one of the Japanese maps I get stuck in midair jumping from ladders

• Pirate cam is supposed to get shaky after you drink rum. I encountered the bug where the Viking is able to throw his 2h hammer and 2h axe. Is this intended? Can anyone else confirm this?

• @Footbeard:

Pirate cam is supposed to get shaky after you drink rum. I encountered the bug where the Viking is able to throw his 2h hammer and 2h axe. Is this intended? Can anyone else confirm this?

A two handed axe is an axe regardless.

And why the hell not throw your hammer. Its almost as good as throwing a maul would be. Leave it in bug or not.

• @Footbeard:

Pirate cam is supposed to get shaky after you drink rum. I encountered the bug where the Viking is able to throw his 2h hammer and 2h axe. Is this intended? Can anyone else confirm this?

I’m referring to the pirate regardless of rum. I haven’t actually used rum at all, but rather I just get shaky vision when making sudden movements that I don’t get using any other class in either game.

• @High:

@Footbeard:

I’m referring to the pirate regardless of rum. I haven’t actually used rum at all, but rather I just get shaky vision when making sudden movements that I don’t get using any other class in either game.

Yeah I believe I said SUPPOSED to, as in, this will be implemented later. Right now it’s a bit broken.