DW copying PVK?

• Oh my dayum, look what I’ve found on youtube.

6Lh77WVX7DA

Do you feel dissapointed by TBS using warriors PVK uses ? because I sincerely don’t but I understand the commentators view of things.

• It’s a mod from over 13 years ago. Games use other games to draw inspiration from all the time. Without it we wouldn’t have genres progress like we do. Games beget other games. I don’t see a problem with it at all.

• Yes… because vikings and pirates are totally an original idea…

• How dare they choose popular warriors.

• The only thing I find even remotely controversial here is you linking to that YouTube video. I definitely did not want to contribute any revenue whatsoever for that whiny video. If only I could turn back time… :P

• That’s one aspect of competition. One person creates a concept; another takes that concept and improves upon it/does it better.

• You saw my poll right.

Viking was he most popular class.

Pirate was pretty popular too.

The 4 new classes in the game were all in the top 5 in my poll.

• I think the original poster has no idea that this expansion is based on a TV show.

• @Morgannin09:

I think the original poster has no idea that this expansion is based on a TV show.

I know this is based off of the TV series, this acutally encouraged me to watch some episodes, we are just talking about this video that states that TBS is ripping off PVK.

• @Vlad:

@Morgannin09:

I think the original poster has no idea that this expansion is based on a TV show.

I know this is based off of the TV series, this acutally encouraged me to watch some episodes, we are just talking about this video that states that TBS is ripping off PVK.

It’s stupid. The video, I mean. They are using characters from the television show, not copying a 13 year old or however long ago that mod was made. And I agree with Foxworth, that video is nothing but whiny garbage.

• guys, i found history first, so its my original idea.

• @Vlad:

@Morgannin09:

You found a video saying that, ergo it must be true. Never mind the fact that it is BASED ON THE TV SHOW. Every class in the game was a character demonstrated in the show. They are also all characters derived from historical knowledge.

They didn’t rip off the game, because the game didn’t invent these classes. Norsemen, pirates, knights, samurai, ninjas, Spartans? These have all existed in media for years, and before THAT, they existed in history books. And before that, they existed in the flesh. By this logic, the game is also ripping off Tenchu, Battle for Asgaard, Onimusha, Secret of Monkey Island, Rome: Total War, Warcraft… Is this starting to make sense?

And if you’re just talking about how they paired these specific unrelated classes together in the same media, well guess what? So did the show. The show that this game is based on. And this game also has three classes that PVK did NOT have.

I realize I’m seriously beating the point home here, but I’d rather ensure you do not continue making a fool of yourself.

• Yeah, pretty silly video.

Also the “idea” for the viking to have a berserker special ability is again, history. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserker

• @Morgannin09:

@Vlad:

@Morgannin09:

You found a video saying that, ergo it must be true. Never mind the fact that it is BASED ON THE TV SHOW. Every class in the game was a character demonstrated in the show. They are also all characters derived from historical knowledge.

They didn’t rip off the game, because the game didn’t invent these classes. Norsemen, pirates, knights, samurai, ninjas, Spartans? These have all existed in media for years, and before THAT, they existed in history books. And before that, they existed in the flesh. By this logic, the game is also ripping off Tenchu, Battle for Asgaard, Onimusha, Secret of Monkey Island, Rome: Total War, Warcraft… Is this starting to make sense?

And if you’re just talking about how they paired these specific unrelated classes together in the same media, well guess what? So did the show. The show that this game is based on. And this game also has three classes that PVK did NOT have.

I realize I’m seriously beating the point home here, but I’d rather ensure you do not continue making a fool of yourself.

Well yeah dude I know all that stuff we’re just talking about the video. I just put the Title DW ripping off PVK because it’s sound really debateable and controversial. I know all that stuff, you should tell that actually to the maker of the video.

• Lol I know this guy kind of. The guy in the video.

• Hi guys! Arnold here. Thanks for watching the video!

I didn’t make the video with any intention to upset or offend anyone. I feel that we’re all entitled to our own opinions, and so I made this video to express mine, and also have a little fun doing it whilst paying tribute to an old game that you may not have heard of, or perhaps haven’t thought about in a while.

See you guys in game!