Why have the mechanics not been fixed yet?

• Hello everyone and especially Torn Banner employees, i love your game and i am on my way to 500 hours played. It is an absolute blast. However i think it is about time you start fixing those very annoying things we have to deal with every time we play. I will make a list to make it easier to oversee.

MAA dodge bug - MAA can currrently dodge inside the 0 stamina penalty with the extra stamina you get from that, should have been hotfixed ages ago.
    MAA are currently also so strong in 1v1 they are banned from some duel servers. Maybe this game is not balance about 1v1 (which is a shame :) ) but there should be limits. I have played from both viewpoints dueling 35-50 ranks and MAA is simply easier to win with by far.
    Starting with fixing their dodge bug would solve a lot though.

Feint - There are times when the grunt from swings does not come on real swings (not parry-counters, they are silent and working as intended). A feint is part of the game, and it is fine since it hurts the opponent if the opponent reacts appropriately by blocking after a grunt. But sometimes the grunt is too late or it does not come at all. This might be because of some swing times, lag and hit animations(more on that). Please try work with pro players to resolve this.

Animations - Ever got instantly hit by a overhead vanguard while his weapon was behind his head in wind-up? Ever seen someone spin while making a hit within 0,5 seconds? Or have you ever been hit by someone not even displaying an animation?
    If yes then you have been victim of what we call ghost and phantom swings. Sometimes these are caused by lag and stuff. But there are some animations which sometimes simply are displayed wrong. Vanguard overheads is the most common. The spin is made intentionally, but should honestly not be possible to do. Both for balance and immersion.

Dieing from parry - Ohh yes this is one of those you can call a real bug without anyone able to disagree.
    It is rare, but happens. For me it happened both times by me being on very low health, parrying a hit. A “kliiing” sound is announced for the successful parry and my head severs from my body soon after. My opponents stands dumbfounded and we both surely does not know whether to cry or laugh.
    I have some friends who experienced the same on different health pools.
    Sadly i do not know how to re-create this bug, but i am merely informing it exists.

Flail/buckler - Maybe this is personal bias, but i hate to see how some weapons are almost useless competitively. Flail/buckler is just an example of a weapon who could be so much fun is left by players who love it the most. I am sure many players have pledged for it to be used with a kite shield, to no avail. I just hope you will take a look at some more forgotten/hipster weapons like broadsword(why use it when you can use norse) flail (needs kite shield option, maybe some range) 2-head axe (why use it when bearded is 10x faster and also hits hard) etc etc etc.

This game is fantastic, and have even greater potential. More maps, more modes and more polishing of mechanics and balance and you have a masterpiece.

I know you are working on the expansion, but please do not forget these steps in the original too. It would not be fair to either your own work or our time spent playing it.

Have a good day.

• Welcome.
    There is a Bug Reports subforum where most of the bugs you mention are already reported.
    And there is also a beta out currently where some are already fixed (MAA dodge when dazed for example).

Now to the balance/game mechanic part.

@Lord:

MAA are currently also so strong in 1v1 they are banned from some duel servers. Maybe this game is not balance about 1v1 (which is a shame :) ) but there should be limits.

Most people including me agree on this, one can only hope TB are further improving balance.

@Lord:

Ever seen someone spin while making a hit within 0,5 seconds?
    The spin is made intentionally, but should honestly not be possible to do. Both for balance and immersion.

The 180° overhead is not seen as an abuse. It’s not that easy to perform and it is no guaranteed hit. You should try to learn it, it’s fun and really satisfying when it hits. Try it at a tree, you will hear a sound when you hit it. Oh and by the way, 0.5 seconds is a long time in this game :P

@Lord:

Flail/buckler - Maybe this is personal bias, but i hate to see how some weapons are almost useless competitively. Flail/buckler is just an example of a weapon who could be so much fun is left by players who love it the most.

I disagree, the flail is a viable weapon in my opinion. But mostly because of the weird animations, you never actually know what happens and the terrible deadly shield attack.

@Lord:

2-head axe (why use it when bearded is 10x faster and also hits hard) etc etc etc.

The double axe got some love recently, some people are actually using it. There are better options but it is not really bad.

@Lord:

This game is fantastic, and have even greater potential. More maps, more modes and more polishing of mechanics and balance and you have a masterpiece.

I know you are working on the expansion, but please do not forget these steps in the original too. It would not be fair to either your own work or our time spent playing it.

True.

• You didn’t mention sield animations :L

• Hitboxes: Swords that I see go past me (all the way, from the side) killing me, arrows/bolts that I see hit the wall next to me killing me, seeing javelins sticking a good half a foot away from a shield, backwards blocking, backwards hitting, and one time (I do’t know if it’s a perennial problem) I stabbed a guy in the back with my sabre, the guy had his shield out, blocking a guy attacking from the front, and I got the clunk sound and sparks from his back. And of course, our old friend rotating your head to avoid anything, AKA matrixing.

So yeah…hitboxes

• @Lord:

Why have the mechanics not been fixed yet ?

Chivalry Medieval Warefare won’t be fix because it doens’t exist anymore for the people who were supposed to fix it. But don’t worry, Chivalry Deadliest Warrior will be out soon… For 15$… With the same bugs found in MW… And without Team Objective. Happy ?!