Do you apologize for TKing?

• If not, why don’t you?

• People with a rank > 10 who teamkill me and don’t say sorry die in the weirdest accidents.

• i do, but typically once i’m done with a fight.

There have been people that complain very rudely that i didn’t apologize right away, and if their a dick about it while i’m still fending off the hordes then i say fuck it then, no apology for you now…

but i typically do right away, it’s pretty rare that i TK though, i even apologize when i accidentally hit someone, either by text if i have a sec, or via the voice commands… because i hate when it happens to me constantly.

• I rarely TK but on the off chance that I do, I make sure to apologize. If someone doesn’t apologize to me then I assume they didn’t see it.

If they do apologize then I always respond in good spirit with something like:

“If you wanted a hug, you just had to ask.”
    or
    “Glad to see you got your weapon sharpened because it sure can cut.”
    or
    “I’m sorry. I tried catching your arrow with my hands but ended up using my head instead.”

Just anything to lighten the horrible, dark, terrifying act of team killing and to let them know that I’m not mad, or as some might say “I ain’t mad bro”.

• Yes. Sometimes it will lead to my death as I stop in the middle of a fight to type out “Sorry for the TK.”

• With as much haste as possible, I press X-X and 4 to apologize. If I have a moment of security within the next 10 seconds, I’ll also type it out, in case the fellow didn’t catch it.

Of course, I don’t apologize if I team-killed intentionally, which I only do to play the part of karma to other team killers.

• I don’t care about being Tk’d unless its some nub archer trying to steal my kill that shoots me in the head, or some vanguard swinging/sprint attacking into team repeatedly. Or, some scrub catapulting the god damn objective.
    Other than that, meh shit happens and if I didnt see the attack coming, it was my fault for not being aware in a team fight.

• I do most of the time. It’s very annoying though when someone who tks you then also being asshole about it.

• I do unless I’m too busy too. In practice this means I apologize, usually with a simple “sorry,” the majority of the time.

• Do this in console,

1. Open console
    2. Type “Setbind G say Sorry about that!”
    3. Press enter
    4. Next time your in combat and slaughter your team by mistake quickly hit G key and you will most often say sorry before they have a chance to type out “OMG NEWB TKER”

Honestly I don’t know why more people don’t do this, hope that helps.

You can also use any key in place of G*

• @Keith:

If they do apologize then I always respond in good spirit with something like:

“If you wanted a hug, you just had to ask.”

Class! :D

Whenever I accidentally TK, I apologise as soon as possible (ie, when I’m out of mortal danger). On a several occasions I misjudged the situation and apologised while I was getting destroyed by the enemy… Good times.

On rare occasions I TK in self-defence from fools and trolls. In these cases I do not apologise. But I do try to make it known that I TKed in self-defence.

• Yeah I always do and get annoyed when people don’t say soz to me.

The only time I tend to TK is when someone runs in front of me when i’m fighting trying to get the kill.

• When ever I’m arguing with someone I always tend to teamkill them. And I don’t even try to. It actually makes it quite awkward.

• @lemonater47:

When ever I’m arguing with someone I always tend to teamkill them. And I don’t even try to. It actually makes it quite awkward.

Particularly when you’re an admin!

• yes, although in a moment of relative safety, so it might take a while. When I started paying my TKs were quite common, now I often end up with 3-4 per game of TO (which on a 50 slot server isn’t too bad)

I normally looks out for people saying sry if they TK me, if they don’t then fair enough, but if they keep tking me (or others) without even saying sorry then I think they’re likely to get kickvoted faster than someone that does.

• Most people on our servers also acknowledge the apology as well; maybe this is going a bit too far but I don’t think so. By acknowledging the apology, we are qualifying the TK as an error of judgement rather than stupidity and this makes for a good environment.

We even get a third tier of politeness sometimes, with people saying thanks for acknowledging the apology. Something along the lines of:-

1. “Sry for the TK pal”
    2. “No worries”
    1. “You are most kind”

• I always say “soz” as long as I’m not on our own server where I pretty much don’t care. Usually I don’t make more than one tk/round anyway.

• I always do.

• @Reginhard:

1. “Sry for the TK pal”
    2. “No worries”
    1. “You are MOWST kind”

• I always apologize as soon as I am in relative safety. If people apologize about killing me I always say something along the lines of “no problem”.