Longsword makes minor/no damage

• The first time it happened I thought I was hallucinating, but today it happened again. The longsword seldom doesn’t cause the damage it should on hits.

The first time:
    This was like one or two weeks ago. I fought an archer and hit him three times with the longsword. Let us calculate with the weakest attack I can do, that’s a stab to the legs and it does 44 damage. So if I stabbed him 3 times in the legs I should have done 132 damage, this means the archer is dead. He wasn’t dead and he even took a quick kick with 3 damage. He then died from the next attack.

Today:
    I fought a Vanguard and hit him four times and did a quick kick. That should have been 147 damage in the worst case (four slashes to the legs á 36 damage and a quick kick á 3 damage) and the Vanguard should have been dead. He wasn’t, he even fell from the wooden planks at the sluice gate objective on Darkforest (not sure if it’s high enough to make damage). I followed him and killed him with the next attack.

After both fights I’ve checked the pings and they were good (<70ms) for me and the enemy. Both fights was just me and the enemy, there was no other player involved or even near who could have interrupted me. On every hit I heard the sound, saw blood and the enemy flinched. Both of them were mediocre players at best and I don’t suspect them to use any exploits. I killed both of them multiple times in the rounds without problems. Oh and I obviously didn’t stab/slash them to the legs only ;)

Has anyone experienced something like this?

• Stop attacking your teammates ;)

• @dudeface:

Stop attacking your teammates ;)

• Are you sure it’s only the longsword, or do you only use the longsword?

Yesterday I had 0 health in a duel, then ate a maul LMB and just kept trucking. It didn’t pass through me, I heard the noise and took the hit, only my life remained unchanged. And I did not die.

• @quigleyer:

Are you sure it’s only the longsword, or do you only use the longsword?

I mostly use the longsword and did in those two situations.
    But you could have had the same bug, then it is not weapon related. That would make the most sense anyway.

• Happened again today. 3 hits on a Vanguard and he was not even bloody let alone dead. It was in a duel so I stopped and asked him, he said I only hit him once. Checked pings, me 44ms he 40ms.

• I’m pretty sure this has happened to me with broadsword as well. It’s not about the hits, it’s about the combo. You can do a 5 hit combo, hit someone every time, and have it do 0 damage to them. It flinches them each time, but no damage. Once the combo breaks and you start a new one, however, you start doing damage.

• Okay it just happened again, today with the CU 2 Patch 1 Hotfix 1.

• me 2h longsword knight, enemy kite/norse knight
    • ~12 players on a ffa duel server, pings of me and enemy < 60ms
    • I hit three single (non combo’d) overheads and one stab
    • the enemy flinches each time but he doesn’t get covered in blood
    • enemy told me he saw the animations, saw and heard the hits (screen gets red) but lost 0 hp from the overheads
    • the stab did damage

So basically normal uncombo’d overheads with the longsword that do 0 damage.

• Vids please. Never encountered this.

• And it happened again, I am not recording gameplay at the moment.
    Archer took a slash and an overhead without dying. The slash was the one that didn’t make damage this time cause after the OH he was covered in blood. Again good pings, different server, no combo, enemy flinches.

• This may or may not be related, but almost every single time when I perform a slash as the second part of my combo with almost any weapon, it just phases through with no damage.
    Just thought you might want to experiment with it a bit and see if that is your issue.

I know there is something wrong with hit detection at the moment, but I haven’t actually properly tested it yet.

• It also happened to me.

I was defending the cart on Darkforest map. Tried to use a swing on a vanguard with a 1h longsword & kite shield but the strike just went through him.

My ping was ~40
    His ping was ~60

Is hit detection for longsword broken or what?

• @jrmftw:

This may or may not be related, but almost every single time when I perform a slash as the second part of my combo with almost any weapon, it just phases through with no damage.
    Just thought you might want to experiment with it a bit and see if that is your issue.

I know there is something wrong with hit detection at the moment, but I haven’t actually properly tested it yet.

@Vesanus:

It also happened to me.

I was defending the cart on Darkforest map. Tried to use a swing on a vanguard with a 1h longsword & kite shield but the strike just went through him.

My ping was ~40
    His ping was ~60

Is hit detection for longsword broken or what?

These seem to be different bugs. My attacks hit visually and audibly without causing damage. You should open a new thread for these.

• And again. Against RK | Jetstream. We fought a duel I hit him 4 or 5 times in one long combo. Then I read in chat “Eh, you don’t do any damage”. Only one of those attacks damaged him apparently. When he noticed that they don’t hurt him he stopped parrying (that’s why I made 4-5 consecutive hits). He saw the animations, got visually and audibly hit but didn’t lose any hp. Again longsword and good pings.

• ohoh, so I’m refered to as a vanguard but you call jetstream by his name, I see how it is :<
    Anyhow you’re the only one who’s been able to not deal any damage with the longsword afaik though. it might be some ghostswing that is caused by something. Cause I believe I took like 5 damage from your first hit, which might have been the kick you were mentioning and you tried to attack to early after it and it cause some nondamageswingsofcotton or whatever. Although I have no idea.

• I can confirm this. Hit 4 times and not a single one did any damage to me. After each hit, I was flinched and my screen flashed red. All the attacks looked normal, too.

Something similar happened to me once, a long time ago, where I hit a vanguard over and over and over and did absolutely no damage. He stopped to type “I’m not dead?” whilst I wasted all my stamina barely even tickling him.

• @Xylvion:

ohoh, so I’m refered to as a vanguard but you call jetstream by his name, I see how it is :<

Haha, sorry man :D But I can’t believe it’s only me, at least I hope so :(

@Jetstream:

Something similar happened to me once, a long time ago, where I hit a vanguard over and over and over and did absolutely no damage. He stopped to type “I’m not dead?” whilst I wasted all my stamina barely even tickling him.

Do you remember which weapon you used?

• @fvonb:

@Xylvion:

ohoh, so I’m refered to as a vanguard but you call jetstream by his name, I see how it is :<

Haha, sorry man :D But I can’t believe it’s only me, at least I hope so :(

@Jetstream:

Do you remember which weapon you used?

It was the longsword.

• And once again, same scenario as with Jetstream. Enemy told me he was hit but not damaged.

• this bug is not exclusive to long sword ive seen it occur with claymore and bearded axe